Mousegun vs Tractor Trailer

Your best option is really to just get you and as many people out of the line of danger as possible if you see it coming.
As much as we like to believe we could stop a truck of that size with a handgun it's just not practical. The France truck went a long way with with many rounds through it.
Keep your eyes open and help others if possible.

If this guy can't stop them, no one can...

Dc7HPPe.jpg

I would whip out my smith 41 and get Down on one knee ,as the truck passed and Its in the 3 o'clock
position , I put one right through the drive shaft rear u joint cup blowing it out, dropping the shaft to the ground, and the rig coasts to a halt.

from there I flip open my John Wayne, and open up that cab like a tuna ration and pull out the driver
and my date for the night, th result of winning the nite out with Rhonda Rousey, takes over the mop up coup de grass.
not to be confused with coup de vile.

JHC, now I have to carry a 50 bmg pistol to counter these guys!
So much for my S&W Bodyguard 380ACP..

I think I'm going to need a bigger holster!

Firing at a large truck where you have no authority sounds pretty stupid. Lots of liability assuming you don't ricochet a round and injure/kill someone. You have now become part of the civil and criminal suit afterwards as a party. Anyone that gets killed injured, any property that gets damaged you have had a direct impact on how and where that truck ends up.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

It seems the new terrorist tactic is driving large commercial vehicles through crowded places, and though it's only been in Europe it's almost certain it's coming here sooner or later.

So lets say you're out Christmas shopping this year, or at some other large gathering of people in a public place. All of a sudden, you hear screaming and the roar of a diesel engine barreling into a crowd. You're armed with your EDC, and let's just say despite the tread title you're packing something in the .380-9mm-.45-.40 class. Where do you fire to stop the threat?

Now the obvious first choice is at the driver... from some quick youtubing anything .380 and up is going to pass through the windshield pretty easily, and likely with little change in point of impact. But what if you don't have the angle to make that shot?

From what I know about large diesel engines, most handguns aren't going to do much to stop the motor. Any shot hitting from the front will pierce the intercooler/radiator, but the truck could still run for quite a while afterwords perhaps 5-10 minutes. Unless you're the guy on here who said his EDC was a .44 magnum, any common pistol round would stand no chance of penetrating the block and even a hit to the oil pan would still allow the motor to run for several minutes.

A lucky shot to the fuel system, such as the injector pump, could stop it in it's tracks even with a low powered round... but that would be something impossible to do on purpose and you would have to hit the pump itself, taking out one fuel line would leave several other cylinders functional. Same goes for anything such as a crank sensor on newer computer controlled trucks... they are small and buried deeply.

So the best thing I can think of that is left is the air system... I don't know a ton about large trucks but I know that some of the axles upon loss of air pressure will lock up the brakes... I think it's not all but just some. And the air tanks are usually visible on the side of the truck, as is the air dryer which is often plastic and could be broken even by a 22.

Any CDL holders on here who can shed a little more light on the subject?

Mind control, you gotta use mind control. Now go and control your mind.[rolleyes][laugh]

Obviously you jump up on the running board and stick one in the dudes ear and then take charge of the truck.....

This. It's Indiana Jones or nothing. Kick him through the windshield and watch him rip off the hood ornament as he goes under the wheels. Then drive the Lost Ark to Cairo.

It seems the new terrorist tactic is driving large commercial vehicles through crowded places, and though it's only been in Europe it's almost certain it's coming here sooner or later.

So lets say you're out Christmas shopping this year, or at some other large gathering of people in a public place. All of a sudden, you hear screaming and the roar of a diesel engine barreling into a crowd. You're armed with your EDC, and let's just say despite the tread title you're packing something in the .380-9mm-.45-.40 class. Where do you fire to stop the threat?

Now the obvious first choice is at the driver... from some quick youtubing anything .380 and up is going to pass through the windshield pretty easily, and likely with little change in point of impact. But what if you don't have the angle to make that shot?

From what I know about large diesel engines, most handguns aren't going to do much to stop the motor. Any shot hitting from the front will pierce the intercooler/radiator, but the truck could still run for quite a while afterwords perhaps 5-10 minutes. Unless you're the guy on here who said his EDC was a .44 magnum, any common pistol round would stand no chance of penetrating the block and even a hit to the oil pan would still allow the motor to run for several minutes.

A lucky shot to the fuel system, such as the injector pump, could stop it in it's tracks even with a low powered round... but that would be something impossible to do on purpose and you would have to hit the pump itself, taking out one fuel line would leave several other cylinders functional. Same goes for anything such as a crank sensor on newer computer controlled trucks... they are small and buried deeply.

So the best thing I can think of that is left is the air system... I don't know a ton about large trucks but I know that some of the axles upon loss of air pressure will lock up the brakes... I think it's not all but just some. And the air tanks are usually visible on the side of the truck, as is the air dryer which is often plastic and could be broken even by a 22.

Any CDL holders on here who can shed a little more light on the subject?

Axel Foley, is that you?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I see a truck careening down the sidewalk I will first blow my rape whistle, distracting the driver, who will now fail to notice the urine that I strategically released in a tactically superior location. The truck will lose control as soon as the tires make contact with my slippery yellow waste, sliding and crashing into a nearby school, flipping over, and exploding.

Damn, maybe this isn't such a good plan... Back to the drawing board!

JHC, now I have to carry a 50 bmg pistol to counter these guys!
So much for my S&W Bodyguard 380ACP..

I think I'm going to need a bigger holster!

After the terrorist incident yesterday I heard the ammo manufactures were developing .22LR and .380 anti truck rounds. Available soon at your local LGS!

This question is like asking what caliber is better to stop a falling tree from landing on you*... Just ****ing move and help other once it passes, you are not stopping a truck with a handgun and if you try you are more likely to hit someone that's trying to get out of the way.

*.40 is the proper caliber for falling tree scenario*

Back
Top Bottom