Motorcycle to Escape the Apocalypse?

We have a Yamaha WR250R that's powerful enough to cruise on the highway, but light enough for a normal human to pick up and gets 90mpg.

Or you can go to NH and buy the original 2wd bike, the Rokon. They have a "Survivor Edition." "EMP Proof!" Hint, the bike may be EMP proof, but the Rider isn't.

rokonforpreppers.jpg

Here's what we'd actually use. The Yamaha TrailWay 200, aka "Fat Tire Flier." Only bike ridden to either pole, and it's been to both. It may be the state bike of Alaska.

TW200RF-L.jpg

if you think you can out run the apocalypse on that i'll be your bitch. [wink]
"Dont need to outrun the Apocalypse: just need to outrun you!"

TW200 will do 65, but manufacturer says 55 because of the tires. The Suzuki VanVan 125 and 200 use the same tires. It seems to be the official state bike of Alaska.

Cant go wrong with a XR100 or even a 200. Something older has easy points to work on ( bonus is EMP proof ) and can be pretty simple to work on plenty of parts all around, really the only down side is no electric's to run a light, but one can be installed on and installed with a side cover Mag.

Jason.

Cant go wrong with a XR100 or even a 200. Something older has easy points to work on ( bonus is EMP proof ) and can be pretty simple to work on plenty of parts all around, really the only down side is no electric's to run a light, but one can be installed on and installed with a side cover Mag.

Jason.
An XR100 with points? Come again? And the model has been changed to CRF100F for about 10 years. Minor differences other than bodywork.

1994 XR
i-tnrZVpf-L.jpg

2009 CRF100F
image-L.jpg

I thought about getting a Honda Ruckus to keep in the back of my truck / SUV. Then I'd have a bug-out vehicle inside a bug-out vehicle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom