Motorcycle Riders

Do you carry when you ride? What system?

I was thinking of picking up a shoulder rig for when I ride, but that doesn't seem too practicle if I stop somewhere. On the other hand, if I carry IWB, my shirt would fly up.

Any ideas, beyond "leave it at home" which is what I've been doing?

One of the reasons I bought the S&W 360PD was the weight - it's perfect for pocket carry. It works in the cigarette pocket of my jacket, as well as the front pocket of my jeans.

Or I tuck the NAA .22LR revolver in the watch pocket of my jeans... [wink]

One of the reasons I bought the S&W 360PD was the weight - it's perfect for pocket carry. It works in the cigarette pocket of my jacket, as well as the front pocket of my jeans.

Or I tuck the NAA .22LR revolver in the watch pocket of my jeans... [wink]

hmmm. maybe I have an excuse to buy a new firearm.

I've done the IWB with out a problem, though I dumped a bike about a year ago and started wearing a leather jacket when I ride.

Being thrown from a bike and landing on your sidearm will leave a mark, it's also a great way to test the retention properties of your holster. FWIW a Milt Sparks Summer Special will retain a heavy gun even after the wearer is tossed ten feet off a bike.

If I don't carry the 1911, I'll have the 642 in an inside jacket pocket.

Martlett, my riding jacket ALWAYS covers my shirt. I'm guessing you don't wear one...

I've also used my SmartCarry successfully - it really does work.

A tank bag would be violation of Ma law if the gun is loaded or not triggerlocked

A tank bag would be violation of Ma law if the gun is loaded or not triggerlocked

haha i thought just about everythig was a violation of mass laws.
Why would carrying a bag with a loaded gun in it violate the law if you have a licence to carry?
It would be like a lady carring her purse.
Lee

Martlett, my riding jacket ALWAYS covers my shirt. I'm guessing you don't wear one...

I've also used my SmartCarry successfully - it really does work.

This time of year I generally wear a jacket. It's no problem then, since my kidney pad never rises over my belt line.

In the summer I rarely do, though.

Boys, carry a smaller firearm in the summer, wear it IWB, & you won't have a problem. If you're wearing your leathers (or Kevlar's, for you youngin's), you shouldn't have a problem not exposing even a larger sidearm.

the gun has to be on your person under your direct control.PLus a tank bag would not comply as far as a locked container.

define what is direct control under the law.

IANAL, but I will tell you what Chief Ron Glidden told me:

Direct control to him means that it is within your reach at all times or situated such that NOBODY else could access it before you could (even if they broke into your home).

The "real" definition is likely to be whatever an attorney (from either side) is able to convince a judge or jury!

I am glad to see this topic come up since I was planning on posting it myself. I have been running in to the issue with CCW since I wear shorts and t-shirt year round. In the winter its shorts, tee and a hooded sweatshirt. I never wear pants. When I ride in the summer I dont wear a jacket and my shirt is always blowing up, even when i do wear a jacket it rides up a bit. I was thinking of one of those concealed thigh holsters but not sure how comfortable it would be. Look forward to reading some more responses.

I am glad to see this topic come up since I was planning on posting it myself. I have been running in to the issue with CCW since I wear shorts and t-shirt year round. In the winter its shorts, tee and a hooded sweatshirt. I never wear pants. When I ride in the summer I dont wear a jacket and my shirt is always blowing up, even when i do wear a jacket it rides up a bit. I was thinking of one of those concealed thigh holsters but not sure how comfortable it would be. Look forward to reading some more responses.

You wear shorts when it is 13 below zero???
Why do you need a CCW then? No one would mess with anyone that tough.[smile] [smile] [smile]
I have seen some Tee shirt style concealment shirt that might fit what you are looking for.
Lee

Always shorts. Blizzard out, shorts. 10 below, shorts. When I got out of high school I worked in a dairy fridge and the deep freeze at BJ's. Ever since cold hasn't really bothered me. I wore pants briefly when I applied for my LTC and the time before that was at my sister's wedding. So that makes two times in the past two years hah. I'm looking in to some of the t-shirt style holsters as well. Like has been stated before, might be a reason to get another gun :)

Back
Top Bottom