• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Motorcycle permit.

I'm there, can I judge :)

Although your route is all Harley Highways with a LOT of slow moving Harley traffic, specially on 202.

62 to 122 then backroads to Rt112 to 8A then 116 is better :)

Waaaaay less traffic.
Much of those backroads are still in post-winter condition. Lots of sand and lots of potholes to avoid.

I would love some advice and sources for riding gear. I was thinking level 2, is that overkill? I will get fitted for a helmet, buy a jacket, gloves and riding shoes. Should I also get pants?
In 2008 got hit from the side by a car in a construction zone going 40mph.

Rode home. All the gear had [thankfully minor] damage: helmet, jacket, gloves, pants and boots.

Some people wear Kevlar reinforced jeans. I’ve been wearing Cordura nylon / mesh riding pants (Olympia Airglide) since their version 1.

Riding in groups is just weird. If it isn't weird why do guys only do it on bikes? Why not get in your car with twenty or thirty of your friends in their cars and drive around in a group? Because it's weird, that's why. It's just as weird as waving. I don't wave to other pickup truck drivers when I'm in mine, why the hell should I wave at you on your bike?
And for my final rant: Anyone motorcycle rider who calls cars "cages" is a flaming douche nozzle.

Car guys do group drives all the time. I've done a few.

I would love some advice and sources for riding gear. I was thinking level 2, is that overkill? I will get fitted for a helmet, buy a jacket, gloves and riding shoes. Should I also get pants?

Get over pants. I like them because then when you get to where you're going you don't have to be uncomfortable

I have a pair of the Scorpion Covert riding jeans. Excellent reinforced Kevlar, and mesh for hot weather breathability . You can always add layers for added warmth, but riding in the hot weather is more of a challenge to cool down. Monkey Butt swass sucks !

Arai helmet, Olympia Jacket and pants. Arai's are expensive, Olympia moderately priced compared to Klim, etc. Tourmaster boots make a wide model which is why I buy/wear them. Just bought a new pr., $139.0 thru Revzilla.

Any European based gear manufacturer base their sizes on European sized people.

196lbs in Italy is probably considered morbidly obese lol
And "sport" cut jackets tend to fit snug . I have an old 2002ish Technic Dayton leather sport jacket and it's a sz 42 / 52 and i'm 5'11 and only 160# (some beer gut) and it's real snug

As has been said earlier, always wear good gear. Some of the newer stuff has great protection and still allows you to keep cool. The modular helmet I had on saved my life 8 weeks ago and even though I was wearing a mesh jacket, it had armor padding and I didn't get a bit of road-rash.

Congrats on the new bike.

As has been said earlier, always wear good gear. Some of the newer stuff has great protection and still allows you to keep cool. The modular helmet I had on saved my life 8 weeks ago and even though I was wearing a mesh jacket, it had armor padding and I didn't get a bit of road-rash.

Congrats on the new bike.
Yikes! What happened?

Back
Top Bottom