• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Motorcycle permit.

Yikes! What happened?
About 8 weeks ago a fire truck ran the red light in front of the car ahead of me. She stood on her brakes and there was no way I could stop in time/avoid her and went down hard. Bike was totaled and I got a fractured pelvis and right hand. Luckily I should heal completely with time. I ride with my head on a swivel but there was just no way of avoiding this one. Lesson learned, all the gear-all the time.

About 8 weeks ago a fire truck ran the red light in front of the car ahead of me. She stood on her brakes and there was no way I could stop in time/avoid her and went down hard. Bike was totaled and I got a fractured pelvis and right hand. Luckily I should heal completely with time. I ride with my head on a swivel but there was just no way of avoiding this one. Lesson learned, all the gear-all the time.
What were you riding?

I put about 30 miles on my bike this weekend. I just rode from my house the our local school parking lot and practiced. I went from home to the school back home several times. I only had 2 cars near me or pass me the whole time.
I'm looking forward the the MSF class.
When and where are you taking the class?

As a former Motorcycle Safety Instructor with over 250,000 miles on a motorcycle under my belt. The most important thing you can learn is counter steering. It's how a bike actually turns at over about 10 mph. Gently push on the right handle bar to turn right. Gently push on the left handlebar to turn left. It's just physics. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a motorcyclist turn directly into the side of a motor vehicle that's pulling out of a parking lot or side street. Some days your the fly, some days your the wind screen.

Back
Top Bottom