• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

motorcycle carry

Jeans are worthless. I've gone through the double front of Carrhart work pants lowsiding on pavement on my mountain bike at maybe 8-10 miles an hour. I suppose it's better than wearing a pair of Umbro soccer shorts, but not much.

You are right that jeans aren't the ultimate in protection, but when compared against ANY shorts, they are still a good compromise between breathable comfort and safety. I dropped a bike at 35-40 on some roadside sand, after a woman saw fit to completely enter my lane coming around a corner like she was driving a schoolbus. I got rashed up pretty good and wrecked the jeans, but almost wore shorts on that particular outing because it was very hot that day. I still credit those Levis with keeping me from needing skin grafts, or having to take a trip to the ER at the very least.

Unfortunately, I wasn't carrying back then, so I can't comment on the rig, but if I had a bike now, I would probably get a jacket, or vest with a concealed pocket to fit a .380, or something small, and if not, I'm pretty secure that my Supertuck would do the trick if I had a decent, low back jacket to cover it well.

Tommy+gunner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom