Motorcycle Accident Rt. 107 Raymond NH

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey all,
Out for a ride today and came across an accident about 30 seconds after it happened on Rt. 107 Freemont or Raymond NH. Guess a dog ran at the bike and it wasn't a pretty scene. Anybody have any info on it? Guy was alert and talking but he was bleeding from the head.

So this happens, have to lock up the brakes twice for "antiquers" and once more for a Turkey crossing the road and luckily the bike behind me was able to swerve to my right to avoid another potential accident.

Glad to be home with nothing more than sore hips.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is historically a bad weekend with the holiday - unfortunately, many bikers will kiss the asphalt. Stay safe!!

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This is historically a bad weekend with the holiday - unfortunately, many bikers will kiss the asphalt. Stay safe!!
This

The news pager has been going crazy all day with accidents.
I read about that one in Raymond, it didn't sound good, they called DHART. (NH Medflight)
That wasn't the only bike wreck either, there were several confirmed fatals since yesterday, mostly in NH, but Mass and VT had their share too.
There was even one in Boston on Marlborough st. today, a bike rear ended a truck.

[sad2]

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Huh, I was on that very road today. Maybe before the accident?

The best advise I got for motorcycle-chasing dogs, is to downshift and throttle-on to throw-off the dogs intended point of interception.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Stuff like that is why I do not ride. As a young (and dumb) O-1 I decided to learn how to ride. Got lessons from an old Army W-2 I knew well and borrowed one of his bikes for some training rides. Got to like it but that was on the back roads of Ft Bragg. On my last ride home I was driving down Yadkin Road coming off Bragg. Twice within five minutes I had dumb drivers try their best to kill me. The first one I was able to avoid easily. Some dumb female driver pulls out from the right to cross traffic and head the opposite direction. She sees me coming from 50-75 yards and stomps on her brakes, blocking the lane I was traveling in. And just stares at me. But it was the next one that really got my attention.

Imagine being stopped at a four-way traffic light, watching heavy crossing traffic in front of you, when from behind you hear the screeching sound of a car locking up their brakes trying to stop.

Brought the guy's bike back, said "Thank you very much." and I don't think I've been on a bike since.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The number 1 rule of biking is that everyone else on the planet is trying to kill you. I was told that since I was 10. Never believed it til I started riding last year.

From squirrels, bugs, foxes, to old ladies in Volvo's. They're all out to kill you.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Huh, I was on that very road today. Maybe before the accident?

The best advise I got for motorcycle-chasing dogs, is to downshift and throttle-on to throw-off the dogs intended point of interception.
Accident happened about noonish. Have to give props to the Response units. They got everything squared away pretty quick. 20 minutes tops til they opened the road again.

Heard the same thing in class about downshifting or speeding up. They told me that a dog once it chooses it's "attack path" can't change it's course midstream. Never had the chance to try it, and praying I never will.

All drivers be Safe this weekend and further!

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   1
Yesterday was a bad day for me and Bikes. One tried to pass me on the left, I guess he missed my blinking left light. Later at a four way intersection with all four having stop signs. I was stopped and when I started another bike ignored the stop sign and almost T-boned me.

Sad story from many years ago, my brother had a tumor removed and his room mate was recovering from a motorcycle accident. It was early February and this young man crashed in a snowstorm but all he could talk about was suing the older man that was involved and taking everything. This kid was in full body traction with numerous injuries. He was strapped in some type of rotisserie but his main focus was suing. I got to listen to the story again and again and this kid ran a red light but the older guy was at fault. I'm sure this kid still has his hand out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After nearly plowing into a deer last month and numerous other idiots trying to kill me on a daily basis I finally decided to get rid of my motorcycle this year. It was replaced with a mountain bike, much safer hobby!

Woodstock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The number 1 rule of biking is that everyone else on the planet is trying to kill you. I was told that since I was 10. Never believed it til I started riding last year.

From squirrels, bugs, foxes, to old ladies in Volvo's. They're all out to kill you.
Bingo. I rode for years, finally quit after too many close calls and a couple of less-than-major collisions. Last night a 22-year old was killed in a collision with a car in Otis, MA.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That whole area must be a magnet for accidents. My step daughter t-boned a car that jumped her lane with no time to stop yesterday. The cars junk but she was alright, just some bumps and bruises. be safe out there.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
As mentioned earlier, Memorial Day weekend is usually a bad one for bikers, and I'm sure even more so this weekend with the nice weather we have had so far.

I went out early Sunday morning for a little while - about 80 miles or so. This is the best time to be out - very little traffic usually - just have to be careful about the critters crossing the road (yesterday there was a turtle, porcupine, turkey, rabbit, and countless squirrels and chipmunks).

Around mid-morning when the traffic starts to get heavy it's time to park the bike. Too many lousy and inattentive drivers on the road, especially during the holidays.

It's funny - I've been riding for almost ten years now, and have logged 10's of thousands of miles. I now have the most skill and experience I have ever had in my riding career, and take my motorcycling very seriously - I practice panic stops, tight u-turns and the like all the time to keep my skills sharp.

But I'm also more scared to be on the bike than ever before. I still enjoy it, but every time I hear a story like this it gets to me a little more than it used to. I've never crashed or been down, and hope to never crash, but the possibility is always there. I try not to think about it, but it has been nagging me more and more lately, and it gets harder to shake it off.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing things a little, or maybe it's that I'm at a good place in my life where everything is going nicely, and I don't want the possibility of something bad, like a crash, happening and messing things up.

Again, I still like riding (quite a bit, in fact), and will be riding out to Lake George next week for Americade for a few days of motorcycle camping with a friend of mine. I'm looking forward to it, but the "spark" of eagerness that I have had on past trips just isn't quite there.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I know a guy, he was dirtbiking through woods when a dog came out and tried to bit into his front tyre. Its jaws must have stuck in the spokes, but its head literally wrapped around the wheel and made at least one revolution. The guy was thrown over the handlebars and never rode again.

When I ride, I replace my tinfoil with a helmet and don full leathers no matter how hot it is. I know the crazies are out there to get me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[thinking]

I got hurt parking mine. I parked it in the side of a Ford Maverick many years ago. A kid with mommies car decided to make a Y turn from the oncoming traffic right in front of me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was down in Wareham yesterday and had 8 idiots on motorcycles come out of a parking lot like they were going to fly up the road but instead wanted to drive 20mph in a 45 zone. Nice having to panic stop on a road with no traffic in my pickup.
The lesson is idiots are out there and could be driving anything, so be ready

Top Bottom