motorcycle accident on video

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The at-fault driver didn't just rear-end the motorcycle, he rear-ended the car in front, with the motorcycle in between.

And technically, per binding Texas case law, the driver was "arrested". Every traffic stop is an arrest in Texas. Every violation of the Traffic Code is at least a Class C misdemeanor, or higher. At the end of the traffic stop, the officer either releases the driver without charges, or issues a binding summons to appear in court (effectively an "own recognizance" bail).

J

Jose

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The at-fault driver didn't just rear-end the motorcycle, he rear-ended the car in front, with the motorcycle in between.

And technically, per binding Texas case law, the driver was "arrested". Every traffic stop is an arrest in Texas. Every violation of the Traffic Code is at least a Class C misdemeanor, or higher. At the end of the traffic stop, the officer either releases the driver without charges, or issues a binding summons to appear in court (effectively an "own recognizance" bail).
Which is why some people have such a hard time understanding that in Texas refusal to sign a traffic summons is an arrestable offense, since you are basically saying you will skip bail.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Which is why some people have such a hard time understanding that in Texas refusal to sign a traffic summons is an arrestable offense, since you are basically saying you will skip bail.
I think that South Carolina is the same way, or at least for driving over 20 the limit (which is "reckless driving") ... I had a friend who ...

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think that South Carolina is the same way, or at least for driving over 20 the limit (which is "reckless driving") ... I had a friend who ...

Top Bottom