• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mother of dead robber says it’s unfair her son was shot 5 times while robbing a family at dinner

7qX0.gif

As for mom - go bury your son and grieve. If you want to blame someone, blame your son for not taking his meds. Blame your son for picking up a gun and pointing it at other people. Live by the gun - die by the gun.

And accept some of blame herself. Her parenting skills, or lack thereof, is why he found himself in the position he was in.

Herrera’s mother said she wants to see surveillance video, to see what happened.

Police on Thursday would not say whether any video exists.

Ruiz said the man had no way of knowing what she later was told by a second suspect, the alleged getaway driver: “The gun wasn’t even loaded.”

The San Antonio Police Department would not confirm the claim.

Ruiz said her son had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a child, and in 2016 he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

She said he had stopped taking his medications three weeks before the shooting.

Aaaaaand there you have it. What? I'm not sure we're allowed to postulate about any more. But the yute was obviously anti-social

“Why did he shoot him five times?” Ruiz asks. “The gun wasn’t even loaded,”

Cuz he was still standing after the first four

Texas Sheriff responded to a call regarding a home owner who came home to discover a burglar running
away carrying a TV set and other household goods, so he shot him.
Sheriff walked over to where the body was, took note of the bullet wounds and asked the homeowner
what happened.
Guy told him how he came home, saw the thief running away with his stuff and shot him.
Sheriff asked him 'why did you shoot him 15 times?' to which the home owner responded 'I only had
one magazine'.

Good shoot to me. Father did exactly what he should have. You have a gun pointed at you, you have to assume it's loaded and the person holding it is willing to pull the trigger.

He acted to preserve his own and the lives of his family.

Life isn’t fair and your spawn was a scumbag.
The apple doesn't usually fall too far from the tree!

It's okay. He's now a "victim of gun violence". Moms Demand will honor him.

I understand she's a grieving mother, and her son was apparently a schizophrenic. But you point a gun at someone, there's no time to figure out if it's loaded or if it's a toy - it's a THREAT and the person it's pointed at has the right of self-preservation - they can take every means necessary to STOP THE THREAT. If that's a single bullet, 10, a napkin holder or a sledge hammer - it doesn't matter. Whatever it takes to stop the threat. Doesn't matter if they're a cop, a waitress, a customer, a busboy or tinkerbell. They're the threatened party and they're the ones who are allowed to stop the threat.

As for mom - go bury your son and grieve. If you want to blame someone, blame your son for not taking his meds. Blame your son for picking up a gun and pointing it at other people. Live by the gun - die by the gun.
Parents of scumbags have nobody else to blame but themselves for raising a scumbag with no morals.

Should have been ten times.

I know your post is probably sarcastic, but for those who have never been trained or schooled in the legalities of a self defense shooting, you shoot to stop the threat, you shoot until the threat is stopped. Texas is a pretty friendly 2A state, Massachusetts and many other places are not. IMHO and IANAL you if you empty the magazine for the sake of doing it, it is not going to help you should you be charged... and in MA you would be charged in most cases, legit shoot or not.

I know your post is probably sarcastic, but for those who have never been trained or schooled in the legalities of a self defense shooting, you shoot to stop the threat, you shoot until the threat is stopped. Texas is a pretty friendly 2A state, Massachusetts and many other places are not. IMHO and IANAL you if you empty the magazine for the sake of doing it, it is not going to help you should you be charged... and in MA you would be charged in most cases, legit shoot or not.
Thankfully, MA juries tend to be smarter than the law even if voting patterns don't always indicate that. Still, a lefty DA is to try to bankrupt someone into submitting to a guilty plea because he knows a jury won't convict.

How times have changed, My Mother told me when I was a teenager if you get arrested don't call me. I'll tell the Cops to keep you.

The answer is simple. Liberals who decry such shootings should clearly identify their homes as “gun free zones” with a placard on their houses

Back
Top Bottom