• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mother Earth News Magazine.

As I wander the internet, browsing this and that. I keep coming to the Mother Earth News website. The articles I read on the website are informative.

Does anyone subscribe to the print magazine? What do you think of it?

I know there was a thread about 'back to basics' type magazines, but I couldn't find it.

TIA

I don't get it directly anymore but I get back issues from my Uncle.

If your question is is it worth the $, My answer: Yes totally.

As I wander the Internet, browsing this and that. I keep coming to the Mother Earth News website. The articles I read on the website are informative.

Does anyone subscribe to the print magazine? What do you think of it?

I know there was a thread about 'back to basics' type magazines, but I couldn't find it.

TIA

I don't have a subscription to that one yet, but it is one I do continually buy.
I do subscribe to
Back Woods Home
BackHome
Countryside
Hobby Farms
That is off the top of my head right now.
I like all of them.

My parents used to get it years ago... they got some great ideas for their house.

They had it for quite awhile, and for them to pay for any publication is saying a lot.

Like you, I've come across it in a number of searches (of quite varied topics). First time I saw the website name I thought "oh boy", but it's really pretty good. I don't go there to read it regularly, but I've come to know it as a good resource. Anything from gardening, raising chickens, to hydroelectric power.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom