• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Most overrated handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Glocks.

I have to disagree. Glocks are too cheap and utilitarian to be over rated.

In order to be over rated, the gun has to cost way more than it should for what it does - like a P7M8

I can see the 1911 (too many weepy gush-fests, and the over use of the word 'venerable'), but a Glock? No way.

I'll stick by my first post though - The FN Five-seveN is the most overpriced, over rated handgun ever conceived. It's a $1000 .22 mag with more expensive ammo.

I have to disagree. Glocks are too cheap and utilitarian to be over rated.

In order to be over rated, the gun has to cost way more than it should for what it does - like a P7M8

I can see the 1911 (too many weepy gush-fests, and the over use of the word 'venerable'), but a Glock? No way.

I'll stick by my first post though - The FN Five-seveN is the most overpriced, over rated handgun ever conceived. It's a $1000 .22 mag with more expensive ammo.

Its not the price of the Glock that makes it over rated... it the continual "Glocks never jam" crap

FN Five seven= Full Retard

I can see the 1911 just because most models are fairly pricey and they seem to be stovepipe machines (from what I've seen), but I still want one.

I can also see the USP falling in this list, and I already have one. It's reliable and comfortable to shoot, but it's too expensive for the trigger to be as horrible as it is.

BAWWWHAAAAAAAAAT?

max-payne-taurus-judge.gif

To me, that giant HK ninja weapon. Lots of money for a little cool factor. [rolleyes]

Another vote for some of the H&K's...USP (and Comp too), UMP (Mass compliant ver [rolleyes])...ect. Having said that...

Attachments

• Neg Rep.jpg
    Neg Rep.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 69
For something to be overrated doesn't it have to be highly rated at some point?

I agree, which is why the FN 5.7 cannot be considered over rated, it is almost universally derided. It is overpriced, but almost everything FN is. Glocks on the other hand, while moderately priced would have driven every other manufacturer out of existance if they were as good as their proponents say. H&K is another on a model by model basis. While high priced, some people consider them as mythically perfect as Glocks, while others call them high priced junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom