• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Most fun gun to shoot

My Favorite-
Rifle: My Romanian AKM
Pistol: .44 Desert Eagle
Shotgun: Vepr 12
Going to go to HSC for trap night today, and will be shooting my Vepr 12!

My preferences:

Anything full auto, especially belt-fed.
Anything with military history, especially if made from steel and wood and with a lot of perceived recoil (Mosin, SVT40, 1903, Garand, etc.).
Large, unusual stuff, the kind of firearm that makes everyone present laugh out loud because it is so ridiculous (EddieCoyle's S&W 500, 50 BMG, etc.).

I love shooting my S&W 327TRR8. It has the smoothest trigger of anything I own. It is accurate and fits my hand like a glove.

I'm pretty sure that my wife will tell you hers is either her S&W 617 or an HK UMP.

I don't own any guns that aren't fun. If I really had to pick one, probably the Mossberg 500 - nothing like blasting water jugs and bowling pins with a 12 gauge!

I know I said I'd pick one, but i'll add a second anyways: Mosin. Mostly because of the astonished looks I get from AR guys when the Russian cannon goes off and spits a fireball [laugh]

when ever i open the safe and pick a couple toys to bring to the range the one i always bring is my sks. i just have so much fun with that gun.

I keep thinking back to the time I got to shoot BobJ's 338 Edge. It was really fun to shoot. There is something about the combination of power and accuracy.

Of the guns I own, I most love to shoot my Marlin 1895 GBL chambered in .45/70. I load full loads that thump on both ends. Awesome!

Last edited:
Pretty much any lever gun followed by any pump (from .22 to 12 gauge) that will let you slam fire. Accurate, not really, fun, hell yes.

Single action revolvers and any .22 pistol that doesn't jam once per mag.

Tough call, but among all the stuff I've gotten to shoot, I have to say it's one-eyed Jack's Tommy gun. Something about the combination of the history and the full-auto goodness makes it such a joy to shoot.

It's a toss up for me. On one hand, my Ruger mk2 w 10in bbl. the gun reminds me of "Duck Hunt", whatever I point it at, I hit, no effort required. I'm not naturally accurate like that with any other gun I've ever fired.
On the other hand, my 629PC brings out the sadist in me

Tough call, but among all the stuff I've gotten to shoot, I have to say it's one-eyed Jack's Tommy gun. Something about the combination of the history and the full-auto goodness makes it such a joy to shoot.

You beat me to it. And f*ck yeah I plan on showing up to the Pumpkin Blast this year. I missed it last year because the gf wanted to go to P-town to see the ridiculousness that is Halloween on Commercial street. [laugh]

I loved the "WTF was THAT?" when I took my Mosin to MFL. The RSO's laughed at the ar fan boys when that happened. I love the recoil, actually took it to an Appleseeds but it got way too hot in the July sun, and aqt's were kinda tough...

Pistol, my stainless GP100 6". First time I shot it I was pissed I only brought one box of ammo, giggles all day:) Lady Radtekk likes it too, both my daughters shot it at the car shoot last month:) Good thing I'll be reloading soon!

My favorite so far was a mp5. Got to shoot her once. The stream of spent brass is like a garden hose!

I have a ton of cool stuff to shoot. I must say I get a ton of joy from my old faithful ruger mark 2.

Back
Top Bottom