Most Cost Effective?

Pre-Ban AR or AK? Considering that I currently don't reload, is the cost difference worth it, for normal, occassional shooting? Just curious. I'm trying to convince my wife, but all I get is 'why do you need THAT'!!! Or should I just buy an air-soft AR and be happy [grin]

based on "accuracy" and actually hitting something beyond 25 yards with consistency???????... AR 15....

reloading aside...

First of all, the AK47 isn't a whole heck of a lot cheaper to feed than an AR these days.

Secont, the AK74 is by far the least expensive gun to feed, with its 5.45x39 chambering.

This isn't MASSshooters. The OP is in NH. So he can buy mailorder ammo.

If you want a shit hits the fan gun, get an ak of some kind
if you want to learn marksmanship, get an AR.

If you are like me, get both

Don

p.s. A quick check of Aimsurplus shows a 1000 round cost of:

7.62x39 - $160
2.23 - $190
5.45x 39 - $111 (if 2160 rds purchased)

Right now, the AK74 and its variants are the cheapest to feed. But only until the supply of surplus ammo dries up. You used to be able to buy surplus 7.62x39 for $80/case. Now you can't.

You say you don't reload, but if you think you ever will, get the AR. Components are way easier to find and always will be.

Get the AR unless all you're going to do with it is go to a sandpit and blow up rocks and appliances at like 100 yards or less. [rofl]

-Mike

The debate that will never end...

The only right answer would be: Get both!

I have an "AK" (SAR-1) and am building an AR, but you cant really beat an AK for cheapness to shoot (especially AK-74). I don't shoot competitively, and I dont have a good feel for how accurate my SAR-1 really is, but I can hit a water jug at 200 yards without a problem using the cheapest ammo.

You get the AR and get your wife the AK and that gives you an excuse to spend more time with her. That what they always want...isn't it? It won't be long she'll want her own AR and you'll want your own AK and then you have 2 of each. See how that works? Then you get her a Glock and get yourself a 1911 and then before you know it its his and hers safes.

You get the AR and get your wife the AK and that gives you an excuse to spend more time with her. That what they always want...isn't it? It won't be long she'll want her own AR and you'll want your own AK and then you have 2 of each. See how that works? Then you get her a Glock and get yourself a 1911 and then before you know it its his and hers safes.

She'll never want a F*cking Glock. A divorce comes first!!

Thanks. The mm measurements confuse the hell out of me. I thought my last, and only, AR was a .223, period. Was it actually some different in the grand scheme of things?

And for some previous posts.... yes, a preban in NH... is that a strange thing?

The AK74 is actually reasonably accurate. The biggest problem is the sights. I spent the $100 and got a TechSights rear aperture sight for my 74. It makes it MUCH more satisfying to shoot. I don't like shooting inacurate guns. I blame myself for the problem and get frustrated.

Nothing is more fun than an accurate gun

Back
Top Bottom