• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg MVP Varmint- any reviews from owners?

I've got one, I won it at an NRA dinner, raffle from the wall of guns. I like it a LOT. The only problem I had with it was initial wear in of the bolt. It almost had to be "lapped in" with oil. It was so tight fitting I was afraid it was broken, and had a friend who knows more about rifles look at it with me.

The more I shoot it, the more I like it. It's light, easy to point and shoot, accurate, and as a bonus uses AR-15 magazines.

I've got one too. While I've only had a chance to shoot it twice, I'll say I like it allot. My 2 cents:
-While the gun is configured for bench/prone shooting, it's still comfortable and manageable for off hand shooting
- it will group under a quarter at 100 with several hand loads.
-Fit and finish is VG. Stock is really nice and well designed.
-The bolt fit feels a little sloppy but works flawlessly with the right mags. I wish the know was a little bigger/replaceable.
-On the negative side, it can me mag finicky. Find a mag brand it likes and stay with it or you may mis picking up a round here and there.
I also think the AR mag concept, while a novel idea, doesn't really bring that much to the table here in MA.

Bottom line: I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I have the predator, same gun different stock.

Love it.

Before the inevitable "minute of barn post". I average a hair under MOA at 100 with it and a hair over MOA at two hundred. (Hand loads.) I'm neither a seasoned bench shooter or loader.

These are some of the better groups I've had the past summer.

433e3b2a758028fa966a6b19e6101df8.jpg

This is five shots at 100. I still get butterflies looking at the picture and can remember jumping around after it insane excited. Each square is an inch.

02550fc99641c85206711f0cb8b0ae89.jpg

3 shots at 200. This is by far the best group of my life and I've not been able to do it again yet lol. Call it a fluke if you want.

Anyway, the rifle is more accurate than I am at this point. For the money, I'm very happy with my purchase.

I have the predator, same gun different stock.

Love it.

Before the inevitable "minute of barn post". I average a hair under MOA at 100 with it and a hair over MOA at two hundred. (Hand loads.) I'm neither a seasoned bench shooter or loader.

These are some of the better groups I've had the past summer.

433e3b2a758028fa966a6b19e6101df8.jpg

This is five shots at 100. I still get butterflies looking at the picture and can remember jumping around after it insane excited. Each square is an inch.

02550fc99641c85206711f0cb8b0ae89.jpg

3 shots at 200. This is by far the best group of my life and I've not been able to do it again yet lol. Call it a fluke if you want.

Anyway, the rifle is more accurate than I am at this point. For the money, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Awesome! Those are some sweet groups!

I picked one of these up at a gun show as I'm considering one as well. With a solid cheek weld my head was still high so I couldn't get a straight view down the axis of the barrel. I was always above the axis and looking slightly down at it. I've typically took that as the stock being not right for me, but with a scope it may not be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom