Mossberg MC1sc - Now a review

Owners - Any feedback on this pistol?
Bought one, review below.

Last edited:
So I purchased one a while back and after waiting for my LGS to open, I got it Saturday. Yesterday, range trip. I fired Wolf steel case 115, Federal Ultra Range 115, Geco 124gr, Federal HST 147gr and Golden Sabre 124gr. Gun operates as it should, flawless. Similar in size to a LC9s, same size as a G43 but with a better grip IMO. It is a bit lighter on recoil also. I did not notice muzzle flip either like the G43 either. I had a great grouping at 25 ft but a shade to the left, probably me. I will check the sights. The mags load easily, from what I read you don't slam them up, just gently. They lock in nicely. So IMO, a good gun. I would recommend it, a good alternative to the more expensive big names. I'm looking forward to this being my EDC.

So what made you guys go for this compared to everything else on the market for EDC? Price point?

To be clear I am intrigued by it for some reason too, even though it seems to be middle of the road in all areas: Weight and size is average, capacity is only 6-7, Mossberg has no recent track record with pistols, stock sights are meh. And for some reason I still kind of like it.

Personally, the MC1sc is thinner, lighter and smaller overall than my G26. Good for summer carry.
I didn't like the G43, so this is a great replacement.
BTW, reviews say it will take G43 mags.

So what made you guys go for this compared to everything else on the market for EDC? Price point?

To be clear I am intrigued by it for some reason too, even though it seems to be middle of the road in all areas: Weight and size is average, capacity is only 6-7, Mossberg has no recent track record with pistols, stock sights are meh. And for some reason I still kind of like it.

Should have answered this a while ago. The reviews I've read were all good. It is comfortable in my hand, can get a good grip on it. The price was definitely a big factor. So, the first 100 rds or so was great, ran perfect. Cleaned the gun, next trip, my buddy put Wolf steel through and jammed it 4 times. But the ammo was also problematic in his G17. He had more problems with his Wolf ammo. I also put my Wolf ammo through it and only jammed once in about 100 rds. Accuracy is very good at 7 yds. I know it was better than the G43 I had. It's easy to take down and clean also. Last trip I put 35 rds of Gold Dot 124 through it. Not only was it perfect, the accuracy was great. I am carrying this gun. No doubts.

Back
Top Bottom