Mossberg Maverick 88 Thoughts/where to buy?

mtsfitness

NES Member
Wondering what everyones thoughts might be on the Mossberg Maverick 88? From what little I have looked up, it seems like the best shotgun for short money out there.

Also, where might I be able to find one on the cheap in the Northshore area? I think I will be rearranging the safe a little bit and might have the rare opportunity to have an extra $150 to put into something like a shotgun.

Thanks

Wondering what everyones thoughts might be on the Mossberg Maverick 88? From what little I have looked up, it seems like the best shotgun for short money out there.

Also, where might I be able to find one on the cheap in the Northshore area? I think I will be rearranging the safe a little bit and might have the rare opportunity to have an extra $150 to put into something like a shotgun.

Thanks

It's an excellent shotgun for the money. I had one for a while and stupidly sold it. It was solid and did the job, and it rattled way less than my Mossberg 500.

I got one as a beater/camping shotgun. I like it. It isn't fancy, just a plain ol shotgun. I haven't had any problems with mine. The wife and I have shot about 300 shells

Not much different from a 500. Most parts and accessories that fit a 500 fit the Mavericks. Used to be called a New Haven. Dick's has them but any shop should be able to order one for you.

inexpensive & reliable. it's under my bed every night. ati scorpion pistol grip absorbs a lot of recoil, 1 screw change-over to ati talon tactical stock if needed. no wood available for fore-end, as the linkage is different from the 500.

I've had an 88 with the 18.5" barrel for a few years now. Haven't used it a ton but when I have it's always run flawlessly and seems to be well made. I think I paid $215 for it new but dicks runs sales on them every now and then. My buddy got his on sale for $169.99 like a month after i bought mine.

As said, inexpensive and reliable. I picked mine up for $135 shipped off gunbroker a few years back. With an ATI pistol grip/adjustable stock, short barrel, light, total less than $200, flawless, never a hiccup. I've shot skeet and trap with the stock barrel as well, but it's basically a hd/camping gun. Buy one and keep it forever:)

inexpensive & reliable. it's under my bed every night. ati scorpion pistol grip absorbs a lot of recoil, 1 screw change-over to ati talon tactical stock if needed. no wood available for fore-end, as the linkage is different from the 500.

I think you can replace the entire fore-end with a tube from a 500?

I have one of the 20" bbl 8 shot versions. Sits next to my bed. Added an Elzetta light mount with a Streamlight polytac LED and a cheap elastic shell holder. Works as well as anything else I own, cheap, and (mine at least) works shockingly well with (something like 14 of) those little mini shells when at the range[smile]

Get a 500 or 590. Its worth the slightly more $ to be able to upgrade the shotgun later on.

I think Four Seasons has the Mossberg 500 stock/pistol grip combo going on for around $315.00 right now...can't beat that IMO.

Back
Top Bottom