Mossberg Leaving CT for TX

maybe in TX they can learn how to build a gun that doesn't rattle like a tamborine, or perhaps build an auto-loader that actually auto loads.

It's actually Maverick that's expanding/moving in Texas. In case you were wondering, the plant is in Eagle Pass, Texas. Eagle Pass is on the Rio Grade. So they don't just want cheap labor, but they want cheap, imported, illegal labor. I've worked in machine shops with "not quite legal" persons before, in case anyone says "but you need skilled machinists!"

Edit: Eagle Pass, TX is almost 97% Latino/Hispanic.

The story says Mossberg[FONT=&amp] will now expand it’s Maverick Arms, Inc. facility in Eagle Pass, Texas, with 116,000 new square-feet of factory space. More than 90 percent of Mossberg’s guns are now made in Texas, and some of its Connecticut jobs are moving there too, the story says, including wood gun stock production and possibly it’s modern sporting rifle production.[/FONT]

It's actually Maverick that's expanding/moving in Texas. In case you were wondering, the plant is in Eagle Pass, Texas. Eagle Pass is on the Rio Grade. So they don't just want cheap labor, but they want cheap, imported, illegal labor. I've worked in machine shops with "not quite legal" persons before, in case anyone says "but you need skilled machinists!"

Edit: Eagle Pass, TX is almost 97% Latino/Hispanic.
It'd be nice if they had a little more moral backbone and didn't go to a place where you could get illegals by the bushel. Nebraska, Iowa, Wyoming, Maine, New Hampshire, hell, Alaska...

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/on-the-border-2/
You're bitching because Mossberg is moving... to another state? And could potentially hire some brown people? What?

Sorry, i don't follow that one.

They own the patent, companies were infringing on that patent without paying royalties, so Mossberg sued them. I don't see the issue.

That patent is complete BS. There was plenty of prior art before that patent was filed.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ple-pertinent-mossberg-drop-trigger-lawsuits/

Mossberg is being a patent troll, using their corporate deep pockets to scare smaller, better competition out of the marketplace.

You're bitching because Mossberg is moving... to another state? And could potentially hire some brown people? What?

You don't see the hypocrisy here?

They're claiming to move out of Texas because of Connecticut's gun laws, i.e., Mossberg is making a political statement of "F U" to the state of Connecticut. A conservative statement. Then, they go and expand in a place where they're probably going to hire illegals to run machines, wash the floors, package the guns and do all the work. A conservative person or company who actually held true to their beliefs wouldn't even consider hiring illegals.

Mossberg guns are crap anyways, so I won't be buying one to begin with. I really have no desire to buy a lever action .30-30 with a collapsible stock.

When you show any evidence of them hiring illegals then I'll take your criticism seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"I doan wan none of dem raifles built by brown guys. I want all of my 'merican raifles built by white folks, just like god intended." [rolleyes]

WGAF where they move their plant to, as long as they MOVE. I want more companies to vote with their feet. GTFO out of the northeast, with its anti-business policies and laws. Get away from the states that see companies as cash cows to be taxed to death and the unions that want everyone to make $75/hr plus free benefits. Move to free states, where companies are appreciated for what they bring to the local economies.

We need G.E. To relocate to Texas instead of Mass for the same reason.
Now, that would get the attention of our politicians.

"I doan wan none of dem raifles built by brown guys. I want all of my 'merican raifles built by white folks, just like god intended." [rolleyes]

WGAF where they move their plant to, as long as they MOVE. I want more companies to vote with their feet. GTFO out of the northeast, with its anti-business policies and laws. Get away from the states that see companies as cash cows to be taxed to death and the unions that want everyone to make $75/hr plus free benefits. Move to free states, where companies are appreciated for what they bring to the local economies.

When you put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is, I'll take you seriously.

We need G.E. To relocate to Texas instead of Mass for the same reason.
Now, that would get the attention of our politicians.

What do you think the chances of that happening are given that the CEO of GE (Immelt) is very close to Obama?

I don't own a business?

I don't want this to become like another "I live in New Hampshire hahahahaha" thread, but...

You pay Mass income tax
You pay property tax to your town in Mass. If you rent, your rent money pays his property taxes.
You pay for Mass license plates and a Mass driver's license or you pay to use the MBTA
You pay for a Mass carry permit and Massachusetts-legal guns
You pay Mass sales tax and or hospitality tax

Your money is feeding the Massachusetts government. The difference between an individual's contribution to the state and a corporation's contribution to the state is simply the size of the number being paid and in some cases the percentage.

If you're going to sit here and advocate for corporations to leave New England, why don't you go too?

I don't want this to become like another "I live in New Hampshire hahahahaha" thread, but...

You pay Mass income tax
You pay property tax to your town in Mass. If you rent, your rent money pays his property taxes.
You pay for Mass license plates and a Mass driver's license or you pay to use the MBTA
You pay for a Mass carry permit and Massachusetts-legal guns
You pay Mass sales tax and or hospitality tax

Your money is feeding the Massachusetts government. The difference between an individual's contribution to the state and a corporation's contribution to the state is simply the size of the number being paid and in some cases the percentage.

If you're going to sit here and advocate for corporations to leave New England, why don't you go too?
Sounds like that's what you're trying to turn it in to. I'm trying to get the **** out of this state as quickly as I can. I have a wife, a six week old son, a mortgage and a job here. You want to support us when I come to NH? I'll be happy to bring the whole family, including the 5 cats, and crash on your couch for the next couple of years. I am saving and making plans to get out of here as soon as I possibly can.

Sounds like that's what you're trying to turn it in to. I'm trying to get the **** out of this state as quickly as I can. I have a wife, a six week old son, a mortgage and a job here. You want to support us when I come to NH? I'll be happy to bring the whole family, including the 5 cats, and crash on your couch for the next couple of years. I am saving and making plans to get out of here as soon as I possibly can.

I want people from Mass to stay in Mass and not run away when trouble comes. That's what I want. It's your home - be proud of it, take care of it and enjoy it with all its faults.

I want people from Mass to stay in Mass and not run away when trouble comes. That's what I want. It's your home - be proud of it, take care of it and enjoy it with all its faults.
It's not my home, dude. I'm from Tennessee. How about we stop now? You know nothing about me, yet you're trying to tell me what to do. Time to quit.

It's not my home, dude. I'm from Tennessee. How about we stop now? You know nothing about me, yet you're trying to tell me what to do. Time to quit.

Uh, no. You accused me of being racist against "brown people." You also accused me of being a moronic jingoist. I don't take kindly to either.

End of the day: Mossberg is a crappy company in my book that makes crappy guns.

Back
Top Bottom