Mossberg dumps Dick's

Please let the ammo makers be next!!!

If we (as in all gun owners) could contact Remington,Federal,ATK etc and demand they stop selling to Dicks and explain we rarely buy ammo there anyway,it could gain momentum.It sucks that the employees are going to be the ones hurt in the end though.

Looks like Mossberg has pulled the plug on Dick's. Another one bites the dust:

BREAKING: Mossberg Discontinues Sales To Dick's Sporting Goods - The Truth About Guns

Awesome news! I regret shopping at this libtard hell hole so bad, but I guess many gun lovers did at one point. I am glad I got my 10/22 from a gun loving, 2A loving gun shop. I do know when I went to dick's last, they literally only had Mossbergs pretty much lol. Dozens of them. It was like their bread and butter. They had maybe 3 savage shotguns and a few dozen mossbergs of different variants. So losing them is a huge dagger. Their stocks are plummeting. If you google Dick's stocks and filter to 5 years, you see a huge dip in 2018. It's insane how much they are tanking. Can't wait until I hear they are fully closing down.

Now all we need is Ruger and Federal to drop them and they'll have no point in selling guns.

Excellent... if they supposedly still want to be in the business of only selling FUDD guns, and don't even have any shotguns made by Mossberg, that's rather pathetic.

If we (as in all gun owners) could contact Remington,Federal,ATK etc and demand they stop selling to Dicks and explain we rarely buy ammo there anyway,it could gain momentum.It sucks that the employees are going to be the ones hurt in the end though.
what? theres hardly anyone ever in any of the stores anyway?
The "lodge" is often abandoned and trying to get any help in that corner of the store is hard enough.

After the BS i went through trying to get some softball gear for the kids I wont be going back there ever.

Their stocks are plummeting. If you google Dick's stocks and filter to 5 years, you see a huge dip in 2018. It's insane how much they are tanking. Can't wait until I hear they are fully closing down.

Their stock actually tanked last summer, well before this announcement. Since that, it's risen back up somewhat. Since the announcement on 2/28/18, they've largely been stable ($30-$35/share). Some volatility, but not really more than normal. Will be interesting to see where it goes over the next few months or year though.

For the record, I also hope this decision turns out to be disastrous for them. Let them serve as a warning to other companies that caving to absurd liberal demands is a terrible business decision.

It’s nice to see the that industry is beginning to realize that the threat is real. We as gun owners and enthusiasts need to continue to push back, the days of not taking it seriously should be behind us, hopefully for good. I don’t know if it will help or not but I fired off an email to Mossberg declaring my support of their actions.

Mossberg shotguns were one of the only desirable guns they carried. If Remington follows suit they might as well stop selling guns all together.

I only ever bought ammo at dicks when there was a limit at Walmart. Won’t be doing that anymore.

I hope mossberg releases a press statement shading Dick's like Springefield Armory did. Maybe with even more hatred in the tone lol. Every small game hunter from here to nebraska will boycott those sons of Bs. What Dick's doesn't realize, is those same hunters also sometimes fish, also like the outdoors, camping, tents, canoes, kayaking, boats, some even like to do air soft for practice, some may like to buy gear, knives, a new flashlight. Most outdoorsmans love guns too. That's why when I hear liberals saying "Who cares, they sell other things, not everyone buys guns" It isn't just a guns thing, all outdoorsman will be boycotting this shit hole. Let's see how long they last selling overpriced basketball socks to liberal mom's who drive Suburu outbacks to Panera bread.

This is a good time for us to come in arms and give our hard earned money to 2A loving retail outlets like Bass pro, Cabela's ect... and the local mom and pops. The death of Dick's should also be the birth of fresh business of other chains. It'll teach companies how lucrative it is for their best interests to respect our American values. :)

God bless freedom.

It’s nice to see the that industry is beginning to realize that the threat is real. We as gun owners and enthusiasts need to continue to push back, the days of not taking it seriously should be behind us, hopefully for good. I don’t know if it will help or not but I fired off an email to Mossberg declaring my support of their actions.

Yeah, I think up till this point, we have been too lax. Some of the actions the federal government has taken would have resulted in a civil war 100 years ago. But we've grown to just accept communism. They're taking piece by piece and we're being complacent. We need to start becoming more vocal, more organized and more determined. We shouldn't be thinking "Let's prevent more things from getting banned" we should be thinking let's remove the bans, let's make AWB a thing of the past. Because if we're good enough to die with that gun on our back for the sake of their best interests than we are good enough to have it for our own safety against threats both foriegn and domestic.

How dare Dick's, saying an 18 year old can't buy a gun. That same 18 year old will die in Iraq for the freedom those liberal scum bags use to make billions in our democratic country. It's a shame :(

It would be nice to have non firearm related vendors pull out as well and the sporting community stands strong on this, such as fishing, clothing and other outdoor gear. Before you know it it will look like the sporting good section at the local Walmart.

that's going to nice. Fudd shotgun company, telling Dick's to EABOD

You never seen, or shot a Mossberg 590A1? Extended mag and plenty of giddyup. They're probably the most forward thinking maker of exotic looking, pump action, shotguns and I'm a Remington 870 police special and Benelli M1 Super 90 guy, who just happened buy a nickeled 590 A1 for boating.

Last edited:
They will still have the Spanish Canoe Paddles (shotguns) to sell to FUDDs Good Luck Dick's is the worst. I stopped going there when they dumped all there fly fishing tying stuff, now they really only have junk. There stupid rules on ammo purchases and on sale ammo. No discounts can be used when purchasing ammo.

Yeah, I think up till this point, we have been too lax. Some of the actions the federal government has taken would have resulted in a civil war 100 years ago. But we've grown to just accept communism. They're taking piece by piece and we're being complacent. We need to start becoming more vocal, more organized and more determined. We shouldn't be thinking "Let's prevent more things from getting banned" we should be thinking let's remove the bans, let's make AWB a thing of the past. Because if we're good enough to die with that gun on our back for the sake of their best interests than we are good enough to have it for our own safety against threats both foriegn and domestic.

How dare Dick's, saying an 18 year old can't buy a gun. That same 18 year old will die in Iraq for the freedom those liberal scum bags use to make billions in our democratic country. It's a shame :(

Hell, when I came back from my first tour in south east asia, I still wasn't old enough to even buy a beer.

You ever seen, or shot a Mossberg 590A1? Extended mag and plenty of giddyup. They're probably the most forward thinking maker of extotic looking, pump action, shotguns and I'm a Remington 870 police special and Benelli M1 Super 90 guy, who just happened buy a nickeled 590 A1 for boating.

I love my 18.5 590A1. 6+1, HBAR, No Nonsense. I even bought a AIM-PRO heat shield for it because it was cool.

Back
Top Bottom