• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg Announces Retrograde Pump-Action Shotguns

Just did a Gallery of Guns search and found that Brian at B&K firearms (as well as other Mass FFLs) can get you one for $197.46 out-the-door: Gallery of Guns

B & K SALES LLC
Hours: NA
Natick, MA 01760
Phone: 508-735-0060
Offer Info: ......

Your Price: $176.46

Fees: $9.99
Taxes: $11.03
Total: $197.48
GoG Deposit: ($73.25)
Due at Pickup: $124.23

982.jpg

UPC: 845503000016
Description: IAC 982 PUMP 12/18.5IC GR
Brand: IAC
Model: Hawk Model 982
Type: Shotgun: Pump Action
Caliber: 12 Gauge
Finish: Black Matte
Action: Pump Action
Stock: Synthetic, Black
Sight: Adjustable Ghost Ring Sight
Barrel Length: 18.5
Overall Length: 38.5
Weight: 7 lbs
Capacity: 5+1
Safety: Cross Bolt Safety
Receiver: Black Matte, Machined Solid Steel
Chamber: 3
Chokes: Fixed Improved Cylinder
Butt Plate: Black Recoil Pad

Just did a Gallery of Guns search and found that Brian at B&K firearms (as well as other Mass FFLs) can get you one for $197.46 out-the-door: Gallery of Guns

B & K SALES LLC
Hours: NA
Natick, MA 01760
Phone: 508-735-0060
Offer Info: ......

Your Price: $176.46

Fees: $9.99
Taxes: $11.03
Total: $197.48
GoG Deposit: ($73.25)
Due at Pickup: $124.23

That's quite intriguing, especially for the price. If I'm not in love, I'm not in for much at all. I really appreciate the help.

Anytime.

Watch this when you get a chance:

And this 870 comparison review from Gun Tests Magazine is pretty good. They gave it a "Best Buy" rating over Remington's 870 Express Tactical AND an upgraded Remington 870-Police.
Gun Test Review of 870 shotguns

From the Article:

The Hawk 982 is the least-expensive shotgun tested and among the least-expensive 12-gauge pumps we have tested. The Hawk never malfunctioned, never short cycled, and gave good results. The pattern with buckshot was slightly tighter than the other shotguns. The primary advantage discovered in firing was the excellent aperture sights. The Hawk is a Best Buy.

The IAC Hawk 982 is the Best Buy of this shoot-out, according to our testers. The Ghost Ring rear sight gives a trained shooter the ability to deliver fast hits and is well protected by metal wings. The front sight is well suited to precision shooting with slugs.

The Hawk features a vented recoil pad, which we liked better than the Express Tactical shotgun’s solid recoil pad.

With enough interest, maybe Brian at B&K Firearms would do a Group Buy on the IAC Hawk 982.
Oh, and the actual importer is located right here in Billerica, Massachusetts...

I stand behind this shotgun, because I can trust my life to it.
~Enbloc

Last edited:
Slight thread revival with a tangent, rather than a brand new one.

I'm looking to purchase my first shotgun and stumbled across this thread. I like the 590A1 for the capacity and reinforced receiver/barrell, though the particular one mentioned above seems a bit "Call of Duty". With that said, my first choice was an 870 Police Magnum. Similar capacity and method of use. Anyone care to shed some light on the differences? Other than 2" in barrell length? Issues with extractors, or anything else?

This will be a HD gun and for range fun, slugs and buckshot primarily. No skeet, trap, turkeys or hunting in my immediate future unless you include stationary clays...
As a lefty, the cross bolt safety of the 870 appeals to me more than the 590 thumb ramp, I don't kow why. Also, if I ever decide to go full tacticool with a pistol grip, that thumb ramp safety would seem to be at a distinct disadvantage. The cross bolt seems intuitive to me regardless of application, most likely from my time with the 10/22 platform.

Lastly, I can't seem to find anyone that stocks new 870's in eastern MA. The classifieds have dried up(Shotguns seem few and far between compared to AR's as of late) and my go to's of B&K, Gartman, Steve's Tactical and MFS all seem to be Mossberg heavy aside from the gun this thread was initially created for. Am I looking to get taken for a ride if I ask a shop to order a specific gun for me?

Thanks in adavance.
im not sure if newer 870 safety is reversible or not. If not get a LH safety.
the 870 safety is right in the way of the rear of your trigger finger.

im not sure if newer 870 safety is reversible or not. If not get a LH safety.
the 870 safety is right in the way of the rear of your trigger finger.

Yeah, that's an issue. I didn't realize the safety is on the back of the trigger guard and not the front like the aforementioned 10/22. The Hawk 982 is exactly the same.
I feel like I'm trending towards a 590 now. That said, this GalleryofGuns website is amazing!! Enbloc, I thank you for introducing me to it.

Back
Top Bottom