Votes: 1 25.0%
  • VR80

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • KS-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 67409

I'm looking to upgrade from my 930 JM Pro 3-gun shotgun to a detachable magazine-fed shotgun either this season or before next season. I've seen that detachable mag shotguns tend to result in faster times than tube-fed guns, assuming the detachable mag gun works properly. One mag of 5, 10, 20, etc. versus double or quad loading. I've also already committed to shooting an open rifle and pistol, so I give no f*cks about shooting open shotgun.

So, which one?

I've shot @daekken's VR80. I've handled a 590M at KTP. I've owned three AK rifles but never an AK shotgun. The VR80 would require a break-in with buckshot but does come with a 20" barrel that accepts choke tubes. The 590M would require a longer barrel cut for chokes and also perhaps a slug-specific barrel, although most if not all matches that I shoot are birdshot only. I've read that the KS-12 takes around $3000 of work to properly function with birdshot.

What I'm mostly curious about is how easily mags enter the 590M and if the 590M can accept every other 500/590 barrel. I would want something like a 24" or 26" barrel cut for chokes and maybe also a 24" slug barrel. I'm probably going to mount a RDS, such as a Kahles Helia RD, on whichever gun I buy.

Back
Top Bottom