• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg 590M 12 gauge pump shotgun

What Home defense problem does 9 rounds of 12 ga solve that 5 rounds doesn’t solve? You’d have to live in a really bad neighborhood.

KEEP SHOOTING UNTIL THE TARGET CHANGES SHAPE OR CATCHES FIRE!

8 or 9 is good for a couple of invaders, yes. Home invasion probably is the most likely scenario you would pick up a scattergun. I can't imagine how much that must hurt your ears. Alot of people like to run an AR15 with frangible ammo for HD too, I hear. Flashlight and a HOLO. Nothing says GTFO my property like the sound of that DI gas system.

8 or 9 rounds of buckshot for two home invaders is a lot. Each 00 buckshot round has 9, 30cal. projectiles inside. That's 81 projectiles in total. If you think it hurts your ears, imagine the assailant when those projectiles are delivered. I really can't see needing all those rounds for 2 guys, unless you anticipate missing the assailants frequently.

Well i think im going to buy one . Ive had mossberg 500 , 590 , and rem870 . I have a KSG currentlly . I liked them all .

8 or 9 rounds of buckshot for two home invaders is a lot. Each 00 buckshot round has 9, 30cal. projectiles inside. That's 81 projectiles in total. If you think it hurts your ears, imagine the assailant when those projectiles are delivered. I really can't see needing all those rounds for 2 guys, unless you anticipate missing the assailants frequently.

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

Yeah, but when the shtf, sound isn't stopping any threat the way a Benelli M1 Super does and for reliability, again the Benelli M1 Super 90 wins. If sound impresses you, rack the bolt and let the fun begin. I prefer not to waste the time required to first rack the bolt, but that's just my preference. like they say, opinions may vary.
Yup. Noth'n scarier than feeling your left arm leaving the shoulder. Though if your still cognizant of sound the next rack would be pretty terrifying too!

Used 870 from decades ago can be had for cheap and is very good.

Also I am left handed and never hit myself with empties from my 870.

I've never seen it, but knowing some Lefty shooters, they are paranoid all the time about brass and long-guns. LOL

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

Just remember, everyone gets first helpings before anyone gets seconds. ;)

I've never seen it, but knowing some Lefty shooters, they are paranoid all the time about brass and long-guns. LOL
There are left handed trigger groups available for 870’s. We have onebutha Eng installed it, because if a righty picked it up, what he thinks is on safe is off safe, and there’s a lot of them. We have a really nice 870 Police we inherited, but it stays in the safe.

The safety on the Mossberg is fool proof for either hand.

FS was advertising the Mossberg 590 7 shot for $359 last week $352 cash. ran up there and got one last Wed. Put some slugs and 00 through it today. Was giggling like a school girl after shooting it . They may still have some at that price, but I don't know how long they were gonna run the sale. Love it ! Definitely worth a call.

Back
Top Bottom