Mossberg 590 a1 sp

jeffg333

NES Member
In a few weeks I am planning on purchasing a shotgun. I have decided on Mossberg and was wondering if anyone can tell me about the 590 A1 special purpose?

I know that I would like the 9rd version and in standard stock no pistol grip. At least not yet. I rather learn and use it as is first. Is this a MA legal shotgun?

I would be going to Four Seasons for this Item.

This would be a home defense/target training firearm. Any help is appreciated thank you. -Jeffg

The A1 version sports a heavier barrel and also has ghost ring sights standard but without the ability to put on the heat shield (due to the thicker barrel). Personally I like the heat shield as it looks badass. Kinda pricey but it is a very good shotgun. I think now out of the box they all come with the speed feed stock and A1s have all metal parts. Regular 590 has the plastic safety as with all newer 500 series. All configurations are Mass ok since it is a pump. Very front heavy and a bit unbalanced when loaded to the brim but fun.

I have one, it was my first Gun.
It's a real zombie hunter.

Like pj150 said, it's a bit thicker and heavier. I believe this is because it's built on military spec. All my marine buddies lovem.

You do not need a heatshield.

It's a fun gun to have. However, I find that tactical/riot pumpguns don't leave the safe that much - they're not really versatile nor pleasant to shoot, and many ranges prohibit buckshot use.

I purchased the 590a1 after much research. I handled the 500 also and felt the 590 was better built, smoother operation of the pump and all around better components..... no regrets. PLus there is plenty of room for add-ons.. I installed a rail with a BSA red dot\lite\laser combo... works for me

Back
Top Bottom