• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mosin Revolver

The Wife and I were watching a youtube video on the Mosin Revolver. She said it looked really unique and she liked it. FaceBook started this whole thing. Someone posted a "10 WW2 era guns everone MUST have". The Mosin Revolver was one of them. She said we had 6 of the 10 already, may as well add another!

So, my question is, can I order one of these online from GB or one of those surplus dealers and have it shipped to my MA FFL?

What about the ammo for it? I read somewhere I can shoot .32 S/W out of it. Is that true?

I do own a home in Maine, so I could get the 7.62 sent there.

What are your thoughts on the gun?

PPU makes the 7.62 nagant ammo now, no reason to shoot 32 s&w. I see the ammo pretty often at collectable arms and at rileys

Its a fun revolver although it has a 15 lbs trigger pull.

The mosin revolver is off list so you might have to look for awhile to find a dealer here who will transfer one to you. Alternatively, just buy one in Maine, since you own a house there and are (presumably?) a part time resident of that state.

it's not a mosin revolver .

It a Nagant m1895. Mosin is one guy and Nagant is two different guys .
Mosin had nothing todo with the pistol .
The Nagant's Emile & Léon Nagant are who designed it .

A mosin Nagant rifle has ideas from two different guns put in to rifle.

Are you talking about the Nagant revolver. They have pretty much dried up from what I have seen. A couple years ago they could be had for 79-99 bucks. I haven't seen any in a while, they are unique and fun to shoot.
Another good reason to have a C&R

+1

Nagant revolver was developed and approved for use in Russian imperial cavalry. It can drop a horse from 50 yards. It's small and powerful. Most are double action so don't be pussy about trigger pull.

7.62x38r rounds are available in surplus and as new boxer primed rounds.

Oh yeah, sorry. Thats true!

- - - Updated - - -

The mosin revolver is off list so you might have to look for awhile to find a dealer here who will transfer one to you. Alternatively, just buy one in Maine, since you own a house there and are (presumably?) a part time resident of that state.

So they are not Mass Ok? Hmm.

I don't have any Maine ID's

I was at Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack NH 2 days ago... they have some really nice looking 1916 and 1924's year Nagants in stock along with surplus Nagant ammo and the new production PPU too. Comes with holster and tool kit

They are great interesting revolvers and they are actual called the Nagant M1895 Revolver.

If it helps it does count as a C&R if you got a class 3 ffl...
I ended up getting one from someone on here who decided they were switching types for there collections...

best part of it is showing off the ammo (only ammo like it) and the fact that the cylinder moves forward as you fire, veary unusual...

Ahem, there is no such thing as 7.62x54R revolver. Nagant is chambered in 7.62 nagant or 7.62x35 wadcutter. By ingenious construction when firing cylinder moves forward and locks in with forcing cone, thus eliminating gas escaping from the sides. Nagant is one of few revolvers that takes a suppressor. They are still somewhat available here and there, but huge supply as before dried up. Plenty of videos on Youtube, especially by Thenagantman with shooting different ammo out of Nagant, including 32 HR. I shot those, brass swells a little but not enough to get stuck in cylinder.

Ahem, there is no such thing as 7.62x54R revolver. Nagant is chambered in 7.62 nagant or 7.62x35 wadcutter. By ingenious construction when firing cylinder moves forward and locks in with forcing cone, thus eliminating gas escaping from the sides. Nagant is one of few revolvers that takes a suppressor. They are still somewhat available here and there, but huge supply as before dried up. Plenty of videos on Youtube, especially by Thenagantman with shooting different ammo out of Nagant, including 32 HR. I shot those, brass swells a little but not enough to get stuck in cylinder.

7.62x38R

I have one, its the only wheel gun I like. I know carbellas carries the ammo. If you are lucky you can find a .32 conversion cylinder.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wife and I were watching a youtube video on the Mosin Revolver. She said it looked really unique and she liked it. FaceBook started this whole thing. Someone posted a "10 WW2 era guns everone MUST have". The Mosin Revolver was one of them. She said we had 6 of the 10 already, may as well add another!

So, my question is, can I order one of these online from GB or one of those surplus dealers and have it shipped to my MA FFL?

What about the ammo for it? I read somewhere I can shoot .32 S/W out of it. Is that true?

I do own a home in Maine, so I could get the 7.62 sent there.

What are your thoughts on the gun?

If you are in the north shore area you can try mine.

I am well aware that the nagant revolver is 7.62x38r (though the .32 rounds can be safey used with a cylinder change, and not so safe but still likely fine with out said change). I own a nagant revolver and a few mosin nagants (and variants).

BUT... as I was thinking about the miss understanding at the start of this thread (that it was a MOSIN revolver) really got me wanting a revolver set up to fire 7.62x54r rounds. it would prob look like a governor and be completly useless... but I WANT one....

BTW, if you read back to the first page, you can also see that I commented on the 7.62x38r ammo and how it is pretty much a one of a kind ammo (due to the entire bullet being set below the rim of the case). Its just anouther thing that makes it a interesting conversation piece.

I am well aware that the nagant revolver is 7.62x38r (though the .32 rounds can be safey used with a cylinder change, and not so safe but still likely fine with out said change). I own a nagant revolver and a few mosin nagants (and variants).

BUT... as I was thinking about the miss understanding at the start of this thread (that it was a MOSIN revolver) really got me wanting a revolver set up to fire 7.62x54r rounds. it would prob look like a governor and be completly useless... but I WANT one....

BTW, if you read back to the first page, you can also see that I commented on the 7.62x38r ammo and how it is pretty much a one of a kind ammo (due to the entire bullet being set below the rim of the case). Its just anouther thing that makes it a interesting conversation piece.

I have a .54r barrel chunk that is chambered. I've debated trying to make a break action pistol with it .

Nagant revolvers are all chambered in Russian 7.62. In fact most rejected barrels for Mosin three line rifles were used in making those revolver barrels. There is nothing special about that bullet, it's just smaller version of its 7.62 cousins.

What's you budget for 7.62 revolver?

A buddy of mine got one not too long ago. Factory ammo is kind of scarce, so he's been reloading with formed 32-20 brass using a set of Lee dies made specifically to form it.. It's a really cool gun, actually pretty accurate. I understand that with the 'push-forward' cylinder action, you could theoretically suppress this revolver because it makes a tight seal to the barrel, which also lends to it's impressive velocities and power for a revolver.

What's you budget for 7.62 revolver?

this month about $5... let me finish paying the group buys i am in right now and save up some money....

quite frankly there are about a dozen other toys that I would rather buy for the $1000 price tag a custom like that would cost, but i still WANT one...

I've got one. It took a C&R to get it from a member here about 3-4 years ago.

Fun little revolver, but the novelty wears off when you try to get ammo for it In MA. I did manage to get some old surplus rounds, as well as the PPU target ammo.

The PPU stuff has no kick. Feels like shooting a .22. The surplus stuff does have some kick to it.

Mine is a 1931 refurb. Haven't shot it in about 2 years. Cool to have and I am amazed at how much prices have gone up for these. Used to be $75-100 guns. Now they are $200-250

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I've got one. It took a C&R to get it from a member here about 3-4 years ago.

Fun little revolver, but the novelty wears off when you try to get ammo for it In MA. I did manage to get some old surplus rounds, as well as the PPU target ammo.

The PPU stuff has no kick. Feels like shooting a .22. The surplus stuff does have some kick to it.

Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack has the surplus stuff in original 14 rd boxes for $9.00 .... the had a few of the PPU stuff but not sure of the price.

Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack has the surplus stuff in original 14 rd boxes for $9.00 .... the had a few of the PPU stuff but not sure of the price.

Damn. I just drove by there on Sat.

Have to stop in next time and grab some more.

Back
Top Bottom