Mosin Nagant Stripper Clips

mosi nagant stripper clips

Question!! are these stripper clips as hard to find as carcano clips??
i just got 5 of those from a friend of mine who just happend to have enough to let me have a few, i havent seen the italian clips to many
times at gun shows and when i do ther rusty and five bucks each!

TAKE CARE
Sheriff Dudley S.A.S.S. #17925

and you can buy the online by the crateload for next to nothing.....I just didn't want to play for 50 clips...when I only want the 4 I have!

So I waited for the gun show.

Yarrrr

And they were $1 a pecie I think.

Not to bad

-Weer'd

Ok I took the Mosin out to the Range.....and I could only get one to strip properly.

From WhereWolf's link I KNOW I loaded them right.

I'm thinking it's one of two things (or both) either the clips are dented, and the dents are impeding the shells....OR maybe a little oil is all it needs.

still I'm getting a LOT of resistance.....

Any help?

-Weer'd

I'm SURE the rims are in the clip the same way they feed into the mag manualy (the rim of the round underneath seats BELOW the round above ect)

It's just a LOT of pressure....I can't imagine troops stripping these damn things in battle like this.

I'm gonna oil them up befor my next trip to the range and see if that help.

if not methinks I'm gonna need to work them over with a pair of pliers....but then I wouldn't know where to start....

-Weer'd

Dirigo said:
with the design of the mosin magazine, it doesnt matter how the rims are

That's not true, I've learned the hard way that IF you have the stripper tipped the wrong forward (IIRC), the rims WILL overlap, and you have to open the floorplate to empty the mag.

ive thought the same thing, but if you inspect the magazine system on the mosin, you will see it was designed so it wont matter how its loaded. then i thought it would be hard for a soldier to load one of these under fire, so last time i went shooting i experimented. i loaded the mags like below, intentionally, and because of the Nagant magazine it functioned flawlessly

MosinMag.jpg

My M24 doesn't like the rims to overlap the wrong way. But, that being said, a tiny bit of attention to detail, and no problems. I use the strippers a moderate amount. In fact, I'll probably buy some more. Now I'll have to find a deal on a couple hundred.

I've heard diferent reports on Mosin stripper clips. The real ones are hard to find but work well, and the aftermarket ones usually suck. As for loading rimmed cartridges, all my rifles, Mosins and Enfields alike that take rimmed ammo are finicky for cycling unless loaded right.

Back
Top Bottom