• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mosin hunting ammo

Going deer hunting with a friend this fall, and they don't have a rifle to use. I was going to let them use my new 91/30 with iron sights. And I was wondering if anyone here has used 7.62x54r for deer. Any recommendations for ammo brands or sources? I live in nh, so I'll have no trouble getting it delivered from the internet.

sent from tapatalk mobile app

Scopes are over rated, in the woods around here if you have to shoot more than 50 yards you are gonna hit a tree.

I hunt with open sites, the first deer I shot at was about 40 feet away, I had a scope, shot was low, I hit it but it was way low. The next time I shot at a deer was with open sites, distance was 25 feet. was not low, it was right one. Then I proceeded to beat it on the head (just kidding)

You don't need a scope.

Anyone have experience with brown bear soft points (accuracy wise)? Or should I spend twice as much and get the winchester?

Anyone have experience with brown bear soft points (accuracy wise)? Or should I spend twice as much and get the winchester?

At that price, buy 3 boxes and hit the range!

203gr. soft points? Get near the boiler room and you should be good.
Hell, hit bambi in the ass and he'll drop!

Scopes are over rated, in the woods around here if you have to shoot more than 50 yards you are gonna hit a tree.

I hunt with open sites, the first deer I shot at was about 40 feet away, I had a scope, shot was low, I hit it but it was way low. The next time I shot at a deer was with open sites, distance was 25 feet. was not low, it was right one. Then I proceeded to beat it on the head (just kidding)

You don't need a scope.

same here. Scopes are useless in the woods.

The mosin round will drop the deer. No need for hunting ammo, just make sure you hit the right spot.

Back
Top Bottom