Mosin bolt ?

Lowbird

NES Member
UPS hosed me on my recent 91/30.
Came home picked the box up and the bolt was on my front step. Looks like it's been dragged around a warehouse.
Anything you guys can suggest to clean it up? Try and sand it back? Polish after.

The cocking piece is jacked up as well. I will replace that with a Shepherd pull ring.
Not that it matters much. Just annoying. It's a relatively low 4 digit number stamping.
IMAG0473.jpg

UPS didnt hose you its the Idiot who packed it! bolt should have been removed and placed in bubble wrap tapped to indside of box. Personally I would put this on the shipper....

Got a couple of those, myself. Poor packing from the shipper.

As a fellow who doesn't need to pretty-up or alter guns, I chalked it up to the new history of wear and tear on my milsurps, and left them just the way they arrived. I hardly notice the scuffs and scratches.

that would have pissed me off...def gotta get on the shipper for doing a less than adequate job packing her up

I sent the shipper the pic when I took it. Yet to hear anything.
Majority of the time if a box is damaged UPS will tape it up or repackage. That's been my experience.

if i can visualize the bolt on mine the ball of the grip has a brushed look to it. take some steel wool in the palm of your hand put the ball of the bolt in the steel wool and spin that puppy. should look as good as new

Back
Top Bottom