• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moron downrange photographer

I hope that it is a youtube prank, I'd hate to think that there were that many moron gun owners out there.

Well, I can say every safety violation I've ever seen in my life now pales in comparison. Mind boggling. I was trying to think of something funny to say, but nothing tops the video itself.[grin]

That looks like a defensive shooting class. So it is not just the photographer who is a moron but the instructor as well.

It isn't that hard to safely get photographs from that perspective -- just use a tripod and remote release.

That looks like a defensive shooting class. So it is not just the photographer who is a moron but the instructor as well.

It isn't that hard to safely get photographs from that perspective -- just use a tripod and remote release.

You can also safely take those photo's with the use of mirrors and the use of cover. There is no need to do this. I would of walked out if I was a shooter there.

You can also safely take those photo's with the use of mirrors and the use of cover. There is no need to do this. I would of walked out if I was a shooter there.

Good point about walking out. I hope I would have, but if I was at the other end of the line, not near the photog, and I saw that and had paid $500 for the class?? hmm... yeah, just imagining it now I'm pretty sure I would think something like "WTF??? If that's what they're teaching here, I'm better off losing my money than learning whatever they have to "teach". "

Apparently, this instructor has a history. The instructor is James Yeager and if you search, you find this. http://yeagerisscum.tripod.com/index.html

Here is the short version.

Following the tragic events of April 20, 2005, Yeager was dismissed from his position and returned to the US. Following the attack, Yeager authored his own version of the event in the form of an After Action Report (AAR) which was passed on to members of the media who were situated in the International Zone (formerly known as the 'Green Zone'). Accompanying this were copies of the video situated in the follow vehicle (rear vehicle) in the motorcade which captured the entire incident. Not only was Yeager's AAR innacurate, but it also disrespectfully blamed one of the team members for his own demise. Yeager used the AAR as a 'whitewash' to cover up for his own errors during the incident, as well as blame other team members for their actions.

As the driver of the lead vehicle, Yeager's responsibilies included tactical driving, as well as covering his 'sector', or area of responsibility. Due to the motorcade being stopped for an extended period of time, Yeager placed the vehicle in neutral and engaged the park brake. The reason Yeager carried out this action is because he claims his leg began cramping up whilst holding the clutch keeping the car in gear and ready to drive off if necessary. This total act of stupidity and poor judgement resulted in Yeager being unable to drive out of the 'kill zone' or 'off the X' which is standard operating procedure (SOP) for Personal Security Details (PSD's). The failure to cary out this action not only prevented the other vehicles to drive forward, but also left Yeager and his other two team members in the vehicle directly in the enemie's field of fire. Yeager then exited his vehicle, and ran into a ditch in the median of the road where he cowered for the duration of the attack. All of this is CLEARLY visible on the video. Yeager's AAR claimed that he was the only member of the detail who put down accurate and sustained fire on the enemy, but by his own admission he saw no targets to engage...........

You would think that following the entire event that Yeager would distance himself from the industry and crawl back under the rock he came out from, but no. Yeager has used the publicity the incident created to shamelessly promote himself as an expert in the world of private security contracting. Yeager has recently released a DVD titled 'High Risk Civilian Contractor' in which he claims to be able to 'Advance your fighting skills and readiness to levels only attained in Combat Zones'. Yeager was a 12 year law enforcement officer with no military background or combat experience whatsoever, and the only time he was involved in a hostile situation in Iraq his peformance was abissmal.

Yeager is now being sued by the company he was contracting for to the tune of US$9.2 million for releasing the AAR and footage. He has started his own website www.f***ersm.com in which he continues his campaign of slander against his former team members, and blame shifting to the deceased.

Holy crap. WOW. The instructor, the students, and the photographer are all IDIOTS. Stating the obvious here, but that is the WORST example of total disregard for/ignorance of BASIC gun safety I've ever seen.

I would love to know who was teaching that course. I would take it upon myself to make sure that video made it to the people who could revoke his NRA instructor certification, get him fired, etc.

I love shooting. The science of the tools. The geometry of making a perfect shot. The power you can feel from the recoil. The satisfaction of seeing the center of the target disappear. The history of the weapon. The people you meet, for that matter. This is fun shit!

The attitude towards safety on this site can sometimes edge towards OCD, but when the sport is something that can quite easily kill you, that is NOT a bad thing!

It is mind boggling that people exist in this world that go through life without a thought to what they are doing. It is nothing short of a miracle that some of those idiots continue to breathe. I don't get it and for that I'm kind of glad.

I saw the video of the contact they had in iraq when he was there. There is lots of fail to go around in that. This guy Yaeger was not the first one out of the car and none of the cars get moving very quickly. Yeah, he bolted across the street to a ditch (which seems pretty cowardly), but wtf were they doing sitting on that road for a half hour? Lots of fail to go around it appears.

Back
Top Bottom