• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More stuff from the back of the closet

Came across a box in the closet today with these things from back in late 1983 or so, never used. Does this mean my ammo worries are over? [rofl]

IMG_1723.JPG

One of my friends was all "You gotta reload! You gotta reload!" but as my wife and I had just gotten married and we were in a tiny duplex with neither the space nor the money for even a small press, he talked me into this ("You can do it while watching TV at night."). I believe I went through the task of de-priming a box of once-fired brass before deciding that the time and effort exceeded what I was willing to spend to avoid buying new.

Last edited:
Looks like a pound of go go powder, a die and other nick nacks. You'll be okay assuming you don't blow your gun up....so you'll get a few range trips out of it....or one really big bang.... assuming you have ammo on hand now!!

Came across a box in the closet today with these things from back in late 1983 or so, never used. Does this mean my ammo worries are over? [rofl]

View attachment 440434

One of my friends was all "You gotta reload! You gotta reload!" but as my wife and I had just gotten married and we were in a tiny duplex with neither the space nor the money for even a small press, he talked me into this ("You can do it while watching TV at night."). I believe I went through the task of de-priming a box of once-fired brass before deciding that the time and effort exceeded what I was willing to spend to avoid buying new.
You put that there to be ready for the commies, well the commies never came. Well they did but they snuck in from the inside!

Looks like a pound of go go powder, a die and other nick nacks. You'll be okay assuming you don't blow your gun up....so you'll get a few range trips out of it....or one really big bang.... assuming you have ammo on hand now!!

FYI, that’s one of those whose-a-ma-bobs that you don’t need a press to reload with. I guess it’s technically a die still. You use a hammer instead of a press, I think.

I see a very expensive FS ad in Toast’s future.

in all seriousness Toast, that would really make an excellent karma to someone wanting to get their dick wet in reloading, but can’t currently justify the investment.

Last edited:
is that for ME, or the powder/primers? I’m exactly this many years old (but the reloading components look like they’ve had an easier life) :D
Depends. Are you in as good a shape as that Lee Loader?

As I said, we had only recently married. Now, when we go out for dinner on our anniversary, they always ask "How long have you been married?", at which point, I look at the floor and say "Forever." And then my wife dope slaps me.
One time, I did say "You know, if I'd just killed her, I'd be out by now", but she didn't take that any better.

Back
Top Bottom