1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

More police protecting and serving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chet0729, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

If anyone is being pulled over it should be with a marked car with all the bells and whistles. It's for public safety

Mesatchornug likes this.

2. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

And this ^^^^^

3. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

Problem solved: s/

[​IMG]

Bistro likes this.
  4. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

5. cockpitbob

cockpitbob NES Member

On some level (when I'm in a good mood) I feel sorry for cops like this. I've got to wonder what's wrong inside their pathetic heads that doing things like this make them feel less miserable.
    More than that, I feel the psych screening and requirements need to improve enough to keep people like this one out of positions of power where they can ruin good people's lives.

Prepper and Aaron[MA] like this.
  6. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

Jesus that cop is a giant douche.

allen-1 and Prepper like this.
  7. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

Cop probably thinks she got off easy for not charging the toddler as a sex offender.

8. LTCRN

LTCRN NES Member

Mandatory vacation time to rid the mind of dealing with shitheads daily might help. Or a shorter work schedule might help. Let's face it, the job sucks and after a few years, it gets more and more difficult every day. I'm not a cop or defending the bad ones either, abuse is abuse. What I'm saying is the job needs to change because the times have definitely changed and for the worse.

Aaron[MA] and BigTimber like this.
  9. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

10. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

OMG.

If that was my daughter they wouldn't need the investigation

11. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

But remember, nobody needs a gun for self defense. Just call 911 (999, 112)!

Sadly this situation is not unique to the UK, though the UK is one of the worst places on the planet if you ever need to defend yourself.

12. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Woman Hit By State Trooper In East Boston

Sad, but this could happen to any of us. But still, whack someone and there are consequences.

Ah! Extenuating circumstances...

<insert sound of needle scraping across a record>

Wait, WHAT?!

Is that even a thing an ER can treat?!

Jason Flare likes this.
  13. Kicker96FS

Kicker96FS NES Member

With drugs?

I had one of our truck drivers hit a woman years ago as she darted out into the street, her fault entirely but that didn't make him feel any better, he was crying, could hardly walk, I was surprised he didn't stroke out. We took him to the hospital to get a shot to calm him down.
    Mrs. I can't look where I'm going recovered but I don't think he did. So yes, it's a thing.

bambame2 likes this.
  14. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!

No, it will either never see the light of day on the local news, or, "Brave police raid suspected criminal den, more details to follow....." then it will drop off the radar. Or, at 4AM, there will be an accidental discharge. Oops. Sorry.

15. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!

It's wrong. If they're under cover, then they're under cover. If they're serving [non]warrants, then they should not look like a Banana Republic Death Squad, or PLO terrorist.

16. Junior314

Junior314 NES Member

Small town next to my own small town seem to have only the blacked out SUVs with low profile lights and the slightly less blacked out lettering on the side.

If they have patrol units that aren’t blacked out they aren’t in use that I have seen.

17. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Meaning no disrespect to your coworker, I feel as though an officer, if not "hardened" to tragedy, would deal with it in the moment a bit more smoothly than someone who out of the blue is faced with one of the worst days of his life.

I'm happy to be wrong, but from where I'm at right now, it seems like more of a cya move than an actual need. Again, I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

18. djbradles

djbradles NES Member

Yup. Psych wards inside the ER here. These patients get consults, meds, 1 to 1, and in some cases 4 point restraints with haldol.

19. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

As much as some would like to think cops are all robots designed for murder. Emotions still play a part in incidents. Heck I think a good portion of people would be upset at hitting someone with their vehicle especially with any injuries.

BigTimber and djbradles like this.
  20. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

I didn't say it wouldn't / shouldn't affect them. I said they'd (or I would think they would, anyway) deal with it better at that time. I'm skeptical that the trooper had no choice but to immediately seek therapy. Later, after the fact? Sure. If it doesn't affect him at all, we've got a monster on our hands.

Hell, I still remember that poor cat back in '97. And that was just a cat. But my exposure to stuff of that nature is zilch.

21. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

If you say something damming after an accident it will come up in court.... unless your lawyer gets it thrown out due to your confusion, emotional stress, and possible concussion, but you'll want a doctor to confirm this. Sounds like a reason to go to the hospital.

Igotid and xtry51 like this.
  22. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

I think Nepotism is a poison in policing. Generations of sht cops who get in because mom or dad wore the uniform and weren't even solid themselves.. Sean Ward in Amesbury just got an oui and leaving the scene. He's 3rd gen there.. The list goes on. Hiring standards oddly are too narrow in some places where life experience puts you well behind the boyscouts with the cj degree and zero people skills.

ROWLEY – An Amesbury reserve police officer was released on personal recognizance Monday following his arraignment in Newburyport District Court on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol and other offenses.

Sean T. Ward, 26, of Rowley was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident and a marked lanes violation after allegedly slamming his Jeep into a fire hydrant and then a tree along Haverhill Street early Sunday. He is due back in court April 10 for a pretrial hearing.

Amesbury police Chief William Scholtz said Ward was immediately placed on unpaid administrative leave pending the outcome of his case. Asked if he wanted to comment on Ward's arrest, Scholtz declined.

Scholtz said Ward has been a reserve police officer in Amesbury since early 2017.

A Haverhill Street resident called police about 1:15 a.m. on Sunday after hearing someone crash into a fire hydrant and tree in front of the house, according to a Rowley police report. The caller told police the driver had left and there was a lot of debris in the road.

When police arrived, they found a hydrant ripped from the ground but with no water escaping, a tree was blocking the right side of the road, and a license plate that was found came back as belonging to a black Jeep Cherokee later identified as Ward's.

As Officer Chris Ottani approached the downed tree, Ward walked up to him, looking nervous.

"I asked him if everything was OK and he responded with 'I'm with the Amesbury PD,'" Ottani wrote in his report. "Initially thinking he stopped to help, he then informed me that he was the one who caused the accident."

Ward told Ottani that he must have fallen asleep while driving and hit the hydrant and tree. He also told Ottani that he left the accident scene and returned in another Jeep. Ottani wrote in his report that Ward smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot and glassy eyes. Ward admitted to drinking earlier in the evening.

Ward failed a series of field sobriety tests and blew a .118 blood-alcohol level, higher than than the .08 legal limit for drunken driving, according to Rowley police.

Ottani and Sgt. Matthew Ziev placed Ward under arrest. Ziev then drove Ward to the Georgetown Police Department for booking.

Police later drove to Ward's home in Rowley and saw a black Jeep Cherokee with heavy front-end damage in the driveway, Ottani wrote in his report.

WINNERRRRR.

cockpitbob likes this.
  23. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

Sorry for the novel. It was a paid link.

24. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

“Put the gun down!”

Moves slowly to put the gun down.

Bang! Bang!

Now you’re dead.

slugworth likes this.
  25. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

Seems like he was getting shot no matter what. I'm unsure based on that video what they expected him to do differently based on the verbal commands. The two people around him didn't seems to think he was overly dangerous. Wonder what the backstory is?

26. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

This one is a dousy. NJ cops making up laws while guy hunting ground hogs on private farms. Original stop was because he was pulling off the farm into road and crossed a sidewalk.

They issued a citation for discharging a firearm but never was the firearm out.

27. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Isn't that "doozy"?

28. slugworth

slugworth

Unreal.

29. bfm

bfm NES Member

namedpipes likes this.
  30. nstassel

nstassel NES Member

"On the morning of March 25, employees reported that a man came into the Burger King acting suspiciously and making employees feel uneasy, Putney said.
    At least one 911 caller reported an armed man, telling the dispatcher, "He got a gun. He has a gun. He's pointing it at employees." The caller said the man initially walked behind the counter and tried to fight a Burger King employee. Later in the call, she is heard urging someone to lock the doors.
    Another caller said she was in the drive-thru when she saw a man reach into his waistband, spurring employees to run. She drove off before she could determine if he had a gun, she said.
    Officers arrived minutes later and engaged a man in the parking lot. After he refused to heed multiple commands to drop his weapon, Kerl, a 24-year veteran who works in the police department's metro division, opened fire, police said.
    "One of the first arriving officers perceived a lethal threat, fired at least one round, striking the subject," the chief said at the time.
    The man, later identified as Franklin, was transported to Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. A gun was recovered at the scene, Putney said. Kerl was placed on paid administrative leave."