1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

More police protecting and serving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chet0729, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

And those are all in line. It’s assault.

2. commodon

commodon NES Member

Where is the intent? Without it that charge doesn't stick. At best you have negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

Aside from the officer violating department policy in regards to his failure to step aside and not put himself in front of the motor vehicle, the motor vehicle was never in park and the drivers foot slipped off the brake, causing the vehicle to idle in a forward direction.

That right there doesn't sound like it warrants fifteen shots through the windshield.

3. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Intentbwas when the perp refused to obey orders, turned towards the officer, struck him to try and get away. Ya right his foot slipped hahaha that’s a good one , you go with that. It’s like saying I didn’t punch you, you slammed your face into my hand.

4. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

You've been watching CHiPs again, haven't you?

I hope you write your reports better than you post here because any decent lawyer would turn you inside out with garbage like that [laugh]

Here, you need this more than Alexandria: Toastmasters International -Find a Club

Jason Flare and commodon like this.
  5. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

Woodsy is just trying to obfuscate all the other horrible examples of protecting and serving in this thread with the hopes nobody will notice them.

Deputies accused of tampering with evidence

Both deputies had several other complaints as well, both being sued, etc. One of them conveniently dropped retirement papers to avoid investigation. How nice.

commodon likes this.
  6. Coyote33

Coyote33

What comes to mind was some cop movie where they put a magnet on the evidence shelf next to a video tape to erase it. Was it Eddie Murphy? Mel Gibson?

7. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

Not breaking any laws, AND complies, is still attacked. Hero.

Also notice how he flings the phone off the hood of the vehicle.

8. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

Professional agitators. They're not concerned with freedom of any kind, just a quick payday. Causing such a scene that they get a no tresspass and harass people already there.. Choke was a no no. Beyond that though? Cmaaaan.

9. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

Glad to see you hold people's constitutional rights with as much esteem as the cop. You can characterize a lawful activity however you want. You don't have to like it. It's wholly irrelevant whether you like it or not. If it's lawful, police have no right to attack people for it. Or detain them. Or arrest them. But god forbid someone does something desert8dufus thinks is bad.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    GM-GUY likes this.
  10. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

That's cute with the name calling. Trespassing is something you talk yourself into and they succeeded. Why didn't those people in the red truck have the right to go to the post office without being harassed. You don't think causing a scene on federal property required temporary detention or any kind of investigation?

11. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

I love how you are characterizing standing outside a post office filming as harassing people and causing a scene. I mean, the crazy lady who starts going nuts yelling and flailing her arms around, nope, she wasn't causing a scene. I mean someone who doesn't want to be filmed definitely gets to dictate the actions of the people filming by accosting them and yelling at them instead of just, going somewhere else. You are definitely right. They were the problem and choking him and knocking cameras away is totally justified.

It's not like filming in public has been repeatedly ruled protected 1st Amendment activity and arrests for doing just that repeatedly ruled unlawful or anything. I bet you just mindless repeated the words without even a thought of what they meant, huh?

But you actually are right about one thing. Your user name is appropriate as it is. Desert traitor. Interesting choice.

12. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

13. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

You're too much for me with these names sunshine. Posting ground ball videos all day is ez money and doesn't really require much effort on your part. I really want to see one of your stops on video when you get pulled over. I'm sure you're a good little boy, Yes sir, no sir. One thing stays the same there are good cops and bad cops. Tell me more how I'm a traitor though because we have a disagreement. Had they just sat there filming maybeeee things would have been ok? Causing a scene just doesn't work. I called the bad part out. He put his hands on cameraman's neck. Stretching it with the phone throwing..

BigTimber likes this.
  14. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

D2745282-149D-4868-8429-391AA14D1CDB.jpeg This thread is like being on a CopBlock thread. Funny as all hell. Meanwhile in the real world....

desertr8der likes this.
  15. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

That's the way it SHOULD be. You know, to serve and to protect.

Some of you have developed a very warped idea of what that means. You in particular are like some kind of cartoon caricature of "bad cop" and you don't even know it.

16. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Bones just filed assault charges on the girls behalf. After he pissed himself at the sight of the badge.

17. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Not really. I just understand fully the rash of shit they take and the possible death the face everyday. You on the other want to judge every single one of them because of the failures of a few which is quite irrational and disturbing. However I realize you have that choice to live in that fantasy land so good luck

18. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

I have various family that was/is or plans to be in LE. I have met some members here that are in LE and appear to be "good folks". Some others here I haven't necessarily met but appear to have a good balance of right and wrong. And there are a few (apparently to include you) that give a default "pass" to anyone wearing a badge. "If they did something horrific they must've had a good reason for it."

I DO expect any LE to equally enforce the law, whether the offender is LE or not.

And btw, if you want to drag the LE offender around back of the station and apply some old fashioned justice to get him/her to mend his ways, I'm good with that. It doesn't HAVE to play out in public and the courts, it just has to be corrected. Ed. To clarify that, his fellow LEO's are free to do that. I'm not suggesting us civilians do that!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  19. rommel

rommel NES Member

For the record, I believe cops have a hard job. Especially dealing with difficult and emotional situations. I do take exception to the "death" they face every day. Statistically they have a far greater chance of surviving the day of death or injury than many other professions. So do not cry the hero card because they have some statistical shot of being killed.
    I think that you are not really comprehending tbis thread completely. Sure, me and others play monday morning quarterback and review amd criticize videos. However the criticism, as far as I read it, it partly due to the cops themselves and mostly due to the culture that protects their bad moments. What is frustrating is that if I was the cop in any of these videos, I would most definately be going to jail. Jail would be after I lost my job and everything that I worked for to pay lawyers. The laws that these cops so bravely, as you put it, enforce are not applied equally between us and them. Cop culture is extremely hippocritical. On one hand they so nobly claim are enforcing the law, just not unto themselves. It is pathetic, and they have and continue to create a divide by clearly showing there is a set of rules for us and a seperate set for them. Frankly, your blind worship of cops is also pathetic. Thank you for adding some humor in my day with your comment about cops and possible death, that was funny.

Howland, mousegunguy, vicorjh and 2 others like this.
  20. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

Those that violate the rules have no right to punish.

Chevy 2 65 likes this.
  21. cams

cams NES Member

For all interested in this thread;

I agree with and also disagree with many of these posts, pro and con, a lot of these actions need to be called out and checked if we’re truly seeking a more even handed role of our police officers in today’s ultra sensitive and camera heavy society.

There are also a lot of scenes that people just don’t understand or are far too quick with their judgements not knowing the entirety of the situations, that’s normal human behavior though, moreso these days with the “internet trial by 30 second video”. By stating that I am not referring to the above situation of the idiot cop jumping on the car and firing. That I do not agree with.

Point I’m trying to make is that even though this thread can be full of vitriol and a lot of quick judgments, it’s still a viable thread with some teaching moments for both sides of the arguments.

That said, it can and should be done like adults, leave out the BS name calling of other members here, turning on each other and acting like 10 yr olds.

For those that are adult enough to voice and listen to, differing opinions on an Internet forum this can be helpful for them, with two sided conversations.

Everybody notices that very few NES members who’re police will respond in this thread, that’s not because of the blue line BS, it’s because no matter how they post here or offer opinions on things with some experience they’re attacked and mocked and called pigs and cowards, no matter what they say, so why bother right?

If you’re only here to hate and bang your chest and call another NES member a pig or a coward because you’re safely hidden behind your keyboard, well then we all know that that’s exactly what you are, and the totality of your personality and opinions really don’t matter much.
    If you’re only here because you wouldn't speak like that to cops in person, and this is your relief from feeling afraid, that’s going to be obvious to most of us and will show in how people treat you in other threads.

If you’re actually really concerned with these matters and want change, why wouldn’t you listen intently and try to work on it all? Learn from each other what one side seems to fear and why they’re pissed at police and also listen to why the other sometimes do things during police situations the way that they do.
    Talking-listening=learning. Easy shit right? Should be.

If you’re not willing to listen and talk without the name calling and accusations then why even bother? Unless it’s simply because you’re always afraid and being able to call someone a pig or a traitor online makes you finally feel like you're tall enough to reach the low hanging fruit.

TL/DR; short version, speak like adults to each other and don’t be internet punks. You’ll get more traction.

Rat187, cockpitbob, 42! and 5 others like this.
  22. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

We live social media sound bite lives today. Sadly that's not going to change any time soon [thinking]

I think because we're as frustrated with seeing these sound bites of evil. We (or more usually Bone [laugh]) makes a comment and someone without any more info or insight than we have gives a blanket pass to the officer. It's frustrating. So we respond in kind and pretty soon everybody is whipped up into a frenzy. Some whip up easier than others...

Maybe we need some of those Lens style meetups with some reps from that Dark Side (forgive me). Some of us NES good old people (don't want to assume anybody's gender self identity) and some LE folks lifting a beer and chowing down on some of J Harvards insanely large chicken parm. There MUST be an NES member that's a shrink or something that can lead a little discussion at the beginning and we can all grow together ok that might be a little much.

Still, it's easy to see the "other" side as evil when neither side acks the other might have a valid viewpoint.

23. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

It has far less to do with the actual incidents themselves than that the majority of time there is no accountability whatsoever, even in the few times the officer is determined to have been wrong.

When courts and internal investigations can say, “yes, that was an unlawful arrest/use of force/detainment/violation of rights/etc” and then at the same time say “but the officer is granted qualified immunity” or “but disciplinary actions is not appropriate”, that’s the biggest problem. Yet that’s the norm.

In fact because that’s the norm is precisely how so many people can see an example of police misconduct and think it’s okay, or not a big deal.

24. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

Only on camera.

25. cams

cams NES Member

Ya I get it Pipes, I do. Guess I’m just wondering if they really care enough to address it back and forth or if they’re just looking for a cry closet for the day and don’t actually care about any of this, it’s just an outlet to insult other LE members without being punched in the face.

Bones’ insults to the other member in that last flurry of hand slapping actually surprised me. He seems generally intelligent and has made some very valid points, I’ve even found myself agreeing with him on occasion when I do read this thread, but that shit wasn’t necessary. Calling someone a traitor because they offered an educated although differing opinion on the subject? Really? I know it was posted at 2am and maybe some alcohol was involved but that’s more like liberal lunatic behavior.

But ya, I’ll drink beer with anybody, anytime, you know that.

namedpipes, Jason Flare, ldi and 2 others like this.
  26. commodon

commodon NES Member

I have yet the opportunity to sit down and throw a few back with you all, but I look forward to the next meetup.

cams likes this.
  27. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

It’s was a joke as that’s his username. In any case he’s consistently been outspoken AGAINST people who exercise their rights, and well, he appears to have at one point sworn an oath to support the Constitution. But I digress. It really wasn’t called for and clearly my point was lost as a result.

You are right, it is pretty easy. Video's of police violating people's rights exist in spades. You don't see how that's a problem?

Good point. None of the videos or incidents in this thread took place in the real world. [rolleyes]
    But thank you for letting us all know you think police misconduct is funny.

Howland likes this.
  28. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

Once again you're too funny. Half the time you show people in the context of how they want to be seen. Ripped out of the car for speeding? Noope. Forced to exit due to not complying with a lawful order thereby violating state law. Your point is you hate cops in all shapes and sizes. I think we all know that. I have no problem calling out the wrong that I see from my perspective. But that makes me hate the constitution apparently. You like to say you post when police do good stuff? I think the tally is a bit lopsided in favor of the bad.

29. desertr8der

desertr8der NES Member

I never said police misconduct wasn't a problem. Not once.

30. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

When you defend it you don’t have to.

You do realize the point of the thread, no? I’m glad you now admit that the examples in this thread are indeed bad. So that’s an improvement.