More police protecting and serving

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There is a reason for that, they have to deal with the absolute scum of the earth in the worst areas of Boston, while watching the revolving door that is the justice system.

Remember in the Police consolidation that rolled the Mets , Capitol, and Registry Police into the MSP, the MSP outright refused to take the MBTA Police in the deal.

and of the 20% that stay, 90% of them would not be taken by another department.... there have been a disproportionate amount of problem children on that department, including the Lesbian cop that attacked her wife, the one who starved his dog to death, the one who killed someone in a traffic accident when he was supposed to be on detail at Oak Grove, he went to FL and killed his girlfriend and then jumped off a building. He was a real POS

Haha. I know a bunch of T cops including the lesbian who attacked her wife. She was the kind of cop you wanted backing you up in a fight (that’s a rare thing for a female) but the steroids she was on made her a loose cannon. She was a smoke show in a bikini though.

My ex got her foot in the door through the T but left after a couple years. It was more the commute than the scumbags, but I can tell a ton of stories about that department.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
And I wonder why it took them over a year to decide no charges necessary. I’m sure anyone not a cop would be given the same treatment…

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wcIiWN_uw54

"The police are forced to make split second decisions...."

Bullshit. I don't buy that at all. You are responsible for every round that you shoot. Train more if you need to, but that liability is part of the job.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Running at night with adrenaline. I'm willing to grant the cop didn't immediately recognize the pistol was dropped and the suspect was moving. He didn't mag dump. Controlled shots after clear threat presented.

I dont see why the first shot is questionable at all.

Chasing him for riding a bicycle without a light is weak to start. The kid was running away. He wasn’t threatening the cop. He never pointed the gun at the cop. Potential threat? Definitely. Imminent threat? Questionably.

The second shot came around 2 seconds and four paces after the first with the kid on his face motionless maybe one foot away from the cop and the gun several feet away. He was obviously no longer a threat. This wasn’t two shots in rapid succession with the kid still falling or with the kid still moving.
"The police are forced to make split second decisions...."

Bullshit. I don't buy that at all. You are responsible for every round that you shoot. Train more if you need to, but that liability is part of the job.

Yep. Like many things, police have totally stretched or twisted the meaning of things. “Split second” is now an undefined and infinite measure of time. I know cops are often slower then the average person but you can still do a lot of thinking in 2-4 seconds.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Chasing him for riding a bicycle without a light is weak to start. The kid was running away. He wasn’t threatening the cop. He never pointed the gun at the cop. Potential threat? Definitely. Imminent threat? Questionably.
I dont understand why silly shit needs to get escalated to the point of a kid getting kid. Some of these kids are taught from day one that cops are monsters and they are genuinely afraid of them. As I white dude in east LA in my 20's I had a run in with a couple of LA's finest. With a high and tight and DoD sticker on my car, I still got cuffed and thrown on the hood over a parking violation by a cop that was unhinged at best. I can see why young black kids will run no matter what.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The basic premise used is that once a cop tells someone to do something, it becomes a matter of power - who has it and who does not. If the cop does not use force to dominate after telling someone to stop, it is sending the message that the citizen is not subservient to the officer - a situation the police find unacceptable.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I just had a patient named Thomas Kelly today. I was telling my secretary about the Thomas Kelly who made national news after police beat him to death. He was a schizophrenic asking for help. Timpa reminds me of this case. :(

weekendracer

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the shout out dude, I'm famous now, @Bonesinium knows me [bow][thumbsup]

Not even going to look at this one. And you know all those ones I said nothing, that's because I didn't disagree, but point out a couple that are not so clear or be willing to say both sides F'd up and I'm the [devil]. You know an inability to see outside your preconceived box is a true sign of mental instability.
Welcome to the club.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
he is part of a scheme that brought 200 machine guns into the US, he got 3 years probation and 6 months home confinement

Did they send him to bed without dessert too?

Read the article - this was about the dealers getting "demonstration request letters" from the PD and then reselling the guns. No word if the dealers were selling the guns to other dealers under the constraints applicable to post 86 dealer samples, or actually violating the law. My guess it was selling to people who kept the FFL/SOT status so they could personally have post ban MGs, and that the technicalities of the law may have indeed been followed. Of course, the article states the MGs were "illegally sold" but provides no details.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember the nutter caught at the Capitol with a BB gun and body armor? A fake badge saying he's "INTERPOL POLICE"? Oh, and also illegal magazines and unregistered ammunition?

He is retired NYPD.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Remember the nutter caught at the Capitol with a BB gun and body armor? A fake badge saying he's "INTERPOL POLICE"? Oh, and also illegal magazines and unregistered ammunition?

He is retired NYPD.

I wonder if LEOSA will protect him or motivate the prosecution to offer a CWOF like resolution.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Normally in these circumstances I wouldn't care but because he went in the water strictly because of the police then they have some culpability in this instance. This is why we need a rethink on drugs and guns and a lot of stuff that cause people to rabbit. Maybe instead of this ever escalating machissmo bullsh*t they seem to like pushing, a wee bit of compassion is much better. I mean if there is less fear of arrest, maybe less people will run. Maybe even an opportunity for a dialog that results in less crime.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally in these circumstances I wouldn't care but because he went in the water strictly because of the police then they have some culpability in this instance. This is why we need a rethink on drugs and guns and a lot of stuff that cause people to rabbit. Maybe instead of this ever escalating machissmo bullsh*t they seem to like pushing, a wee bit of compassion is much better. I mean if there is less fear of arrest, maybe less people will run. Maybe even an opportunity for a dialog that results in less crime.

He broke the law (trespass) because he'd known he'd previously broken the law (because otherwise there's no point in running from a warrant check), so what we need to do is not execute on laws because someone might break the first law: that of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

Rethink? How's that working in drug decriminalized Oregon? 7 times as many overdoses as they were having when possession was illegal, and less than 5% given the statutory fine of $100 dollars for being caught holding are using the taxpayer funded recovery programs. Things are going to shit, but at least they're being "compassionate".

The road to Hell is paves with good intentions. Sometimes it is simply necessary to admit that there are imbeciles in the general population, and they're going to find a way to kill themselves in a stupid fashion no matter what they do, so wasting time and resources isn't worth the effort.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally know Burrows, I worked with him when he was a Tyngsborough cop and I covered that area. He won't put up with that shit if it is true.
I’m not a cop or anything but im pretty sure pulling out a weapon on a girl sitting in her car with her windows rolled up wasn’t the way to go about it either

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

You are crazy to go in the water after a large adult, without a floatation device, who wants to harm himself, who will climb on top of You to save his own life and then the two of you drown.

Remember this from MA last year? Police unions across the country looked a what determined "line of duty deaths" after this. I wonder if these officers were aware of it? Bold is mine.

A local city council in Massachusetts unanimously approved a petition to support the family of a Worcester police officer who drowned while attempting to rescue three teen swimmers.

"A police officer gave up his life and we have to make sure his wife and his kids are taken care of. That's our responsibility as a community, as a city family," Councilor Morris Bergman said. "We certainly want to make sure that the city where Officer Familia served and sacrificed his life is participating and leading the effort."

Under current state law, the wife and two children of fallen Worcester Police Officer Enmanuel "Manny" Familia would not have been entitled to his full pension
because drowning is not a line of duty death.

More:

Last edited:

weekendracer

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are crazy to go in the water after a large adult, without a floatation device, who wants to harm himself, who will climb on top of You to save his own life and then the two of you drown.

Remember this from MA last year? Police unions across the country looked a what determined "line of duty deaths" after this. I wonder if these officers were aware of it? Bold is mine.

A local city council in Massachusetts unanimously approved a petition to support the family of a Worcester police officer who drowned while attempting to rescue three teen swimmers.

"A police officer gave up his life and we have to make sure his wife and his kids are taken care of. That's our responsibility as a community, as a city family," Councilor Morris Bergman said. "We certainly want to make sure that the city where Officer Familia served and sacrificed his life is participating and leading the effort."

Under current state law, the wife and two children of fallen Worcester Police Officer Enmanuel "Manny" Familia would not have been entitled to his full pension
because drowning is not a line of duty death.

More:

My instructor almost drowned me when we did rescue swimming. Yes, he was an absolute beast of a human being, but he held me underwater long enough people didn't think I was ever coming back up. That wasn't panic induced grabbing, it was 'let's mess with the trainee' grabbing. Most of you all haven't dealt with panic strength, it's a real thing.

No way in hell I'm going into the water, wearing gear especially. The patrol has lost probably a dozen agents in my time in the Canal of Americas or something like that over near San Diego. Probably more drownings than firearm deaths.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Howie Carr is literally the only journalist keeping account of the Mass State Police. The corruption of that organization and the media that protects them is astonishing.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How is it that I can post hundreds of examples of cops shooting people who after being shot are clearly no longer a threat (if they ever were in the first place), often with multiple cops around, and after the shooting the cops either do nothing or cuff the dead or dying person and then do nothing, yet here, one cop by himself after a clearly justified shooting can IMMEDIATELY rush to try and save the guy he just shot?

Why can’t there be more cops like this guy who aren’t completely fairies and/or scumbags?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbLCHTEADA

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
He left the gun close to the downed guy. Not that it matters with a crumple shot like that, but still shouod secure the weapon if he's going to turn his back as there's a second dude running around.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it that I can post hundreds of examples of cops shooting people who after being shot are clearly no longer a threat (if they ever were in the first place), often with multiple cops around, and after the shooting the cops either do nothing or cuff the dead or dying person and then do nothing, yet here, one cop by himself after a clearly justified shooting can IMMEDIATELY rush to try and save the guy he just shot?

Why can’t there be more cops like this guy who aren’t completely fairies and/or scumbags?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbLCHTEADA

We had a family discussion about that recently. Someone offered a poor choice of words that could be easily construed as wishing ill upon a cop who was parked in a hidden location and running a speed trap on a side street.

I said that we don't wish ill on anyone. And I'm no pacifist, I just don't initiate force. In a case of self defense, I will still not wish ill upon them even while I'm visiting it upon them until they stop.

And then I'll give first aid while praying for their healing.

Top Bottom