More police protecting and serving

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

This one is why I hate people. You got one guy running a business, but he shouldn't be putting shit out on the sidewalk. You got another retard who can't just stand up for himself while walking his dog and move on with life. It's a retards collide situation and the business owner is not cooperating despite admitting he was essentially obstructing a sidewalk.

Cops have PC to get his info and issue him a ticket. He should have taken taken ticket because he already lost when he admitted he had mats on the sidewalk.

Do I think the cops should have cuffed him up and arrested? No I think detaining him and maybe cuffing him outside the car was probably enough to get the info.

So basically 3 retards collide.

The title of video is 100% a lie though. The cop was there for a legitimate complaint which is a business owner operating on/obstructing a sidewalk. Posting hyperbolic videos like this undermines your point because there are some really aggregious videos here correctly posted, but new members may wander into this thread, watch this video and just label you an anarchist.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You think cops should be ticketing people for having a mat outside the door of their business, even if it’s on a sidewalk? JFC.

The guy already moved the mat and gave them his info (not that he even should need to). But as usual, ID is like crack to cops. They’ll do anything for it.

If you think arresting somebody for not immediately sucking off the cops undermines my point, you don’t get my point.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You think cops should be ticketing people for having a mat outside the door of their business, even if it’s on a sidewalk? JFC.

The guy already moved the mat and gave them his info (not that he even should need to). But as usual, ID is like crack to cops. They’ll do anything for it.

If you think arresting somebody for not immediately sucking off the cops undermines my point, you don’t get my point.

Did I say I agree with it? No I didn't. But if the city has an ordanace about what is allowed by businesses on sidewalks (which I guarantee they do) you shouod know when the cops get there to just have a friendly conversation and not explicitly incriminate yourself, or this is what happens.

I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm saying I this is not a great example of cops trampling citizens. He was rude to officers, they had PC to ask for ID. That's it, he's screwed. Offer up the ID. Stay calm and professional. Explain your side of the story. If you come across as the level one, odds are the cops tell the other dude to go pound sand and just ask you not to put mats out.

The sidewalk is not the citizens property. The business doesn't just get to decide what goes on the sidewalk. It's name is self descriptive of its purpose.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did I say I agree with it? No I didn't. But if the city has an ordanace about what is allowed by businesses on sidewalks (which I guarantee they do) you shouod know when the cops get there to just have a friendly conversation and not explicitly incriminate yourself, or this is what happens.

He wasn’t cited for the mat on the sidewalk. He was arrested because he didn’t immediately tell the cop where he lives. Which isn’t a crime.

You don’t think that’s a good example of cops violating people’s rights? Wow. That’s sad.

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
He wasn’t cited for the mat on the sidewalk. He was arrested because he didn’t immediately tell the cop where he lives.

I haven't dug deep like I usually do. What was written in the report? Resisting arrest? Contempt of Cop? Being 'loud'?

The cop should have asked about the 'multiple incidents of the complainant hitting the clients car" that morning which probably fed into this situation. The cop wasn't listening. He wanted information only to his questions. Also, I believe the office can fine the business for operating on a sidewalk without IDing Carlos.

This is pima facie evidence that community policing is long, long gone. I grew up being the paperboy to the town COP, got to know his family. Then in my teens I worked at an establishment where he came in everyday and got to exchange pleasantries. The teens knew who the hard nose cops were and so did the chief. But guess what, that guy walked Main Street his entire career and respect was maintained on both sides.

I take nothing for granted any more.

ETA: Carlos is a gym operator who was training staff on the sidewalk after 'indoor businesses' were opened by the governor.

Last edited:

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
He wasn’t cited for the mat on the sidewalk. He was arrested because he didn’t immediately tell the cop where he lives. Which isn’t a crime.

You don’t think that’s a good example of cops violating people’s rights? Wow. That’s sad.

In order to issue a citation, yes the officer needs his address to confirm his identity.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In order to issue a citation, yes the officer needs his address to confirm his identity.

As a matter of law, NJ doesn’t even have a failure to ID statute. And he wasn’t being issued a citation. The lengths people will go to do defend cops, even making up things that weren’t even happening. Sad.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
New Jersey: where a**h***s collide, and people are congenitally incapable of ShuttingTFU.

The complainant in this video was the one threatening violence, but the police just chuckled it off.

Because he immediately gave them all the identification they craved. Had he not, it would have ended the same way. ID is crack for cops.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
the reason it was so easy to get rid of him was he was still on probationary (new hire) status

Howie Carr and the Herald have been fighting for months to get that information, the FOIA act requests that were filed were pretty much ignored

DPR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Perfect example of what’s wrong with some cops. Is this guy for real? Does he have nothing better to do than harass people AT REPAIR SHOPS for issues with their vehicles? How awful of a human being do you have to be to do this?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uRPGSWMs

Looks like a truck stop with a repair shop in it vs a "repair shop". And it wasn't "people" it was a commercial truck driver operating a commercial motor vehicle and the job of that DOT OFFICER is to inspect commercial motor vehicles! Driver was being a whiny bitch.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the reason it was so easy to get rid of him was he was still on probationary (new hire) status

Yep. Remember those NYPD cops who literally raped an 18-year-old while she was cuffed in the back of a police van? The department and union actually defended them, even after they were charged. They weren't fired, they resigned. They ultimately plead guilty to official misconduct and bribery, received no jail time, and still blamed the victim. New York had to actually pass a new law saying cops couldn't rape people in their custody because of this.

Top Bottom