More police protecting and serving

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just watched the latest videos on this thread and I wanted to say that I support cops but I don't think I support them enough to be a 'back the blue' person although I feel that I am lot closer to a back the blue person than an antifa ACAB person. Still though and this has happened to me a lot more lately, I start thinking that maybe just maybe a 50% reduction in police wouldn't be a bad thing after all. When I say 50% I mean anyone, federal, state or local who has a badge and a gun, simply pink slip 50% of them. Yeah maybe crimes spikes up a bit, maybe it even stays at a higher level, but for the percentage change we get as a society is it really worth paying for bad cops who do bad things just for a few percentage points in a statistic? Also as much as I want to show support, I still oftentimes believe that qualified immunity is the 'blankie' for police. They just hide behind it even when they know they are dead wrong or possibly overreacted to a situation and instead of answering for it, they conveniently hide behind the blankie. So maybe suing a bad cop into financial ruin isn't a bad thing either.

I mean I read pretty extensively about the Carter Page and Michael Flynn cases and although it isn't the same as getting pulled over and getting abused on the side of the road, it's bad acting by people who are supposed to know better. People who should be held to the highest possible standard of honesty and credibility. I mean where is the sense of ethics in these people? Is it that after a few years on the job abusing the average citizen is fun? I just don't get it. Despite all of this no one is ever held accountable. Getting rid of bad actors is darn near impossible and it should never be this way. A bad cop should be the easiest person in the city to fire and get rid of.

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Someone is out for him, apparently it was a time honored tradition to prank new Officers by getting rookies to chase senior Officers.

He admitted this in 2012 and served a day off for doing so.

I'm not saying it was a great idea to use the streets of Salem NH as a race track, but where does the statute of limitations come in on this?

Mush ado over nothing, but I think he didn't play nice with an investigator and was made an example of.

In almost 3 decades of being in combat arms type units in the Army, I've experienced and participated in my fair share of pranks, rituals, and "hazing". Rarely did that put the individual being pranked in any danger of significant injury, and it NEVER put joe six pack's wife and kids in danger of getting run over.

a day off lmao

f*** that guy and his pranks. f*** all those that tacitly approved said pranks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Here's more on this.

It may have been an example of heavy handed use of police to suppress dissent. I don't know. But reading about her, she's one of those COVID doomsdayers who is claiming that the deaths are actually higher than reported. Oddly, she also thinks they were lying about Trump testing positive for it. So on one hand she thinks people are getting, spreading, and dying from it more than being reported while others are lying about getting it...okay...

She's very far out there.

oldguy68

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just wait until some cops snap and start running more of these people over.
Not going to happen and loose their pension or job.
They'll just walk back away from it and get a coffee and donut.
They're involved in a job were the cat and mouse game is rigged.
They know it and but hey, it pays well!
Oh, nos, they got away again. See you tomorrow, Sam.[rofl2]
Wash, rinse and profit.

The war on drugs wasn't about public safety, it was about LEO profit and control!
Look at who profits from it, the prison system, those that supply all them, job security of officers, DA's, Judges and of course our politicians.
Keeping the city dangerous, while getting overtime and more staff to chase the same perps around.
Sounds like a money machine to me!

Last edited:

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Their involved in a job were the cat and mouse game is rigged.
Wash rinse and profit.

The war on drugs wasn't about public safety, it was about LEO profit and control!
Look a who profits from it, the prison system, those that supply all them, job security of officers, DA's, Judges and of course our politicians.
Keeping the city dangerous, while getting overtime and more staff to chase the same perps around.

I read the key word as "snap".

Christopher Dorner shootings and manhunt - Wikipedia

Igotid

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Portland Police have zero incentives to intervene. They know nothing will be done to deter anyone breaking the law, and the only folks at risk are themselves, their livelihood, and their families.
Their involved in a job were the cat and mouse game is rigged.
Wash rinse and profit.

Look a who profits from it, the prison system, those that supply all them, job security of officers, DA's, Judges and of course our politicians.

I hope @Woodsy can chime in here and explain what is actually happening, you know, for us laymen. Maybe the running away from the mob was a tactic I just didn’t grasp?

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
I hope @Woodsy can chime in here and explain what is actually happening, you know, for us laymen. Maybe the running away from the mob was a tactic I just didn’t grasp?
[/

if you are referring to the video from Portland, that is what the Portland politicians want. A neutered and ineffective police force. As I’ve said from the start , I would have resigned from that force after the first week of that garbage when politicians implemented rules where you could not arrest protestors, looters were let go and not charged, other criminals were given a pass. If one person was hurt by an official police vehicle the media and majority of people would have condemned them for using overwhelming force.

oldguy68

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The social workers will be calling for more "No weapons allowed signs!" as well as more safe places and rape whistles for it's citizens!
What a great time to live the Thug life!

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sad part is they likely will keep their pensions.

Especially since those pensions will be significantly higher as a direct result of their criminal acts, pretty much screwing the participants that didn't break the law. If justice were to prevail, they would become intimately introduced to the legal concept of Honest Services Fraud.

And there must be a Winter Weather Advisory in Hell. Write this day down. I am in 100% agreement with @Woodsy!

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It's the judges that signed off on these anonymous tips that weren't vetted. Honestly, the cops were just doing as they were told. Perhaps the cops could've done vetting too, but it all started with the judge that gave them permission to raid. I don't think democrat/republican could've stopped this. It's the piece of shit legal system shit-cago is running.

Top Bottom