More police protecting and serving

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
I'm sure @Woodsy will be along shortly to explain how he "lost his footing" so badly that he literally clears 3 steps as he attempts to assault 5+ officers who are armed with rifles and wearing ballistic vests, all while barefoot and likely wearing nothing (some of the video was blurred where I would have assumed boxers would be) but a robe.
Was the officer overzealous in pulling the man out? Yes. However the guys own wife called the police from the home and said she was shot by him. So I guess the police should have just walked up to the door, rang the bell and said Good Morning, we were wondering if you shot your wife today? I would have rather see them rush him into the house and put him in cuffs. Then run to check on the wife who called while also having EMTs on the way. I couldnt see the lawsuit going anywhere since it was his wife who admitted to making the call.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Was the officer overzealous in pulling the man out? Yes. However the guys own wife called the police from the home and said she was shot by him. So I guess the police should have just walked up to the door, rang the bell and said Good Morning, we were wondering if you shot your wife today? I would have rather see them rush him into the house and put him in cuffs. Then run to check on the wife who called while also having EMTs on the way. I couldnt see the lawsuit going anywhere since it was his wife who admitted to making the call.
If you read the entire article it says the wife was visible standing in the bedroom window and one of the cops acknowledged having seen her. I doubt she would have been standing there if shot in the head, and I imagine if the officer was actually "situational aware" when approaching a house where there had supposedly been shots fired he would have missed a bloody head/face staring out at him.

Also, the wife apparently told the 911 operator that she wasn't bleeding, nor was she at all emotional during the call. I'd imagine she would have been a LITTLE upset if shot in the head. Last, and FAR from least, at least two cops flat out LIED when they said "he lost his footing". Yeah, he lost his footing alright, because that JACK BOOTED THUG grabbed his arm and LAUNCHED his ass about 6 feet through the air. So overzealous? Yeah, go ahead and parse. A straight up LYING ASS-COVERING THUG?Yiu bet your sweet bippy.

And if they do get sued, and I hope to GOD those jackwads DO, if any NON-boot licking people are on the jury the department will get buried. But not the cops. Nope, they have "qualified immunity".

GOD, I am so sick of these guys getting away with shit like this and apologists making excuses.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If you read the entire article it says the wife was visible standing in the bedroom window and one of the cops acknowledged having seen her. I doubt she would have been standing there if shot in the head, and I imagine if the officer was actually "situational aware" when approaching a house where there had supposedly been shots fired he would have missed a bloody head/face staring out at him.

Also, the wife apparently told the 911 operator that she wasn't bleeding, nor was she at all emotional during the call. I'd imagine she would have been a LITTLE upset if shot in the head. Last, and FAR from least, at least two cops flat out LIED when they said "he lost his footing". Yeah, he lost his footing alright, because that JACK BOOTED THUG grabbed his arm and LAUNCHED his ass about 6 feet through the air. So overzealous? Yeah, go ahead and parse. A straight up LYING ASS-COVERING THUG?Yiu bet your sweet bippy.

And if they do get sued, and I hope to GOD those jackwads DO, if any NON-boot licking people are on the jury the department will get buried. But not the cops. Nope, they have "qualified immunity".

GOD, I am so sick of these guys getting away with shit like this and apologists making excuses.
so they saw through the door and saw his wife ? Must be new X-ray vision from Blauer I need to check them out.Do I think they overreacted a bit? Sure but when you have a call from a home from someone who is hysterical on the phone saying they were shot, you tend to try and get to that person and worry about bruises later.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
so they saw through the door and saw his wife ? Must be new X-ray vision from Blauer I need to check them out.Do I think they overreacted a bit? Sure but when you have a call from a home from someone who is hysterical on the phone saying they were shot, you tend to try and get to that person and worry about bruises later.
No, genius. From the linked article, copied and pasted SPECIFICALLY to refute your asinine "they saw through the door" and "hysterical" comments:

<snip>
She called 911 in a "delusional state" and "calmly but vaguely reported that she had been shot in the head but didn’t know if she was bleeding," the suit claims. "She did not sound like she was in any distress or in any pain," or seem afraid.

Jeffersontown Police, who responded first, according to the lawsuit, saw Serapiglia’s wife at the window in her bedroom and “should have known at that point she had not been shot.”
<snip>

So assuming that you continue to maintain your baseline mantra of "cops are always right, even when they're wrong, and even when they're wrong they're still excused" then the Jefferson Town police who ARRIVED FIRST and saw the "victim" through a window unbloodied and the 911 operator didn't report her as "hysterical", which cop are we to believe? Calm rational cop who didn't think they needed to be there? Or out of control JBT that blatantly and repeatedly LIES about his actions?

And not for nothing, if an old man answers the door in his bathrobe, not even wearing slippers, while having at a minimum TWO rifles trained on him, shouldn't a reasonable, thinking person consider the possibility that he's not an immediate threat? But wait, we're not talking about reasonable, thinking people. We're talking about a cop who was forced to raise his voice by a non-compliant old man who therefore logically got what was coming to him.

Try again.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
No, genius. From the linked article, copied and pasted SPECIFICALLY to refute your asinine "they saw through the door" and "hysterical" comments:

<snip>
She called 911 in a "delusional state" and "calmly but vaguely reported that she had been shot in the head but didn’t know if she was bleeding," the suit claims. "She did not sound like she was in any distress or in any pain," or seem afraid.

Jeffersontown Police, who responded first, according to the lawsuit, saw Serapiglia’s wife at the window in her bedroom and “should have known at that point she had not been shot.”
<snip>

So assuming that you continue to maintain your baseline mantra of "cops are always right, even when they're wrong, and even when they're wrong they're still excused" then the Jefferson Town police who ARRIVED FIRST and saw the "victim" through a window unbloodied and the 911 operator didn't report her as "hysterical", which cop are we to believe? Calm rational cop who didn't think they needed to be there? Or out of control JBT that blatantly and repeatedly LIES about his actions?

And not for nothing, if an old man answers the door in his bathrobe, not even wearing slippers, while having at a minimum TWO rifles trained on him, shouldn't a reasonable, thinking person consider the possibility that he's not an immediate threat? But wait, we're not talking about reasonable, thinking people. We're talking about a cop who was forced to raise his voice by a non-compliant old man who therefore logically got what was coming to him.

Try again.
Delusional calm. Hahaha that’s hysterical. Keep on cop blocking.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Delusional calm. Hahaha that’s hysterical. Keep on cop blocking.
From dictionary.com, again copied & pasted to avoid being called biased:

"adjective
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.

Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him."

Nowhere does it say that a component of "delusion" is agitation or upset, just that it's believing something untrue. Like your theory. But I digress...

The lady reported something untrue. She has issues. The cops didn't know that. The dispatcher likely DID know she wasn't "hysterical". The first cops on scene saw her standing in a window. Subsequent cops tried to kick the door and failed, then aimed multiple weapons at an old man in a robe. Said old man was then yanked violently and thrown to the ground. He did NOT "lose his footing".

If anybody but a cop did that to someone it would be assault. Regardless, said COP then proceeded to LIE. REPEATEDLY. THE FACT that he lied, and apparently not only shows no remorse for his actions but also believed CYA lying is acceptable are the major issues.

We ALL make mistakes. Difference is, cops RARELY, and certainly out of proportion, get held responsible. Defending thuggish behavior is just as bad as the behavior in itself, in some cases actually worse, because the decision to defend is intentional not spontaneous.

And what exactly IS "cop blocking" anyway? If it's calling a thug a thug, then yes, I am a PROUD "blocker".

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This thread survives and thrives due to the many horrendous actions of police around the country - too many seemingly without consequences. Granted, some examples in this thread are borderline; but the trust between citizens and police has been so damaged that many see only the fault.

This is not a good place to be, corrective actions are necessary, before every city becomes Baltimore or the many other places that ANTIFA/BLM controls the narrative.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
This thread survives and thrives due to the many horrendous actions of police around the country - too many seemingly without consequences. Granted, some examples in this thread are borderline; but the trust between citizens and police has been so damaged that many see only the fault.

This is not a good place to be, corrective actions are necessary, before every city becomes Baltimore or the many other places that ANTIFA/BLM controls the narrative.
Well said, sadly true. To be clear, I don't dislike cops on spec. But I do despise liars and bullies, who all too often appear to gravitate to a job where they get power and authority out of proportion to the rest of us, and protection from their actions is institutionalized.

Kind of like, not all cops are bad, but all bad cops are cops. Unfortunately, it gets harder and harder to tell the difference, and making excuses for the bad ones is in some ways worse than assuming good ones may be bad.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
From dictionary.com, again copied & pasted to avoid being called biased:

"adjective
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.

Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him."

Nowhere does it say that a component of "delusion" is agitation or upset, just that it's believing something untrue. Like your theory. But I digress...

The lady reported something untrue. She has issues. The cops didn't know that. The dispatcher likely DID know she wasn't "hysterical". The first cops on scene saw her standing in a window. Subsequent cops tried to kick the door and failed, then aimed multiple weapons at an old man in a robe. Said old man was then yanked violently and thrown to the ground. He did NOT "lose his footing".

If anybody but a cop did that to someone it would be assault. Regardless, said COP then proceeded to LIE. REPEATEDLY. THE FACT that he lied, and apparently not only shows no remorse for his actions but also believed CYA lying is acceptable are the major issues.

We ALL make mistakes. Difference is, cops RARELY, and certainly out of proportion, get held responsible. Defending thuggish behavior is just as bad as the behavior in itself, in some cases actually worse, because the decision to defend is intentional not spontaneous.

And what exactly IS "cop blocking" anyway? If it's calling a thug a thug, then yes, I am a PROUD "blocker".
Police get dispatched to a home and are told a wife is reporting she was shot by her husband. So we are going into a situation with an armed and dangerous person who has shot his wife. Am I going to answer the door with a large Dunkins for him and kindly ask if he has shot his wife? No, I’m going to hit the door, try to surprise them as much as possible and separate him forcibly from the scene. Then go in and find the victim. The officers don’t have the luxury of interviewing the victim on the phone they get dispatched and handle it. While they were rough on the old man, given the call this was not an overreach

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Police get dispatched to a home and are told a wife is reporting she was shot by her husband. So we are going into a situation with an armed and dangerous person who has shot his wife. Am I going to answer the door with a large Dunkins for him and kindly ask if he has shot his wife? No, I’m going to hit the door, try to surprise them as much as possible and separate him forcibly from the scene. Then go in and find the victim. The officers don’t have the luxury of interviewing the victim on the phone they get dispatched and handle it. While they were rough on the old man, given the call this was not an overreach
They did a terrible job of everything you just described. if the guy actually was armed and shooting people those cops probably would have gotten lit up the way they approached the house.

I think throwing the guy is stupid because if you actually think hes armed, tossing him isn't control.

I also think these officers needs a lot more training on breaching houses where armed assailants might be. They basically made themselves fish in a barrel if this was the real thing.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
No gray for you anywhere is there? No possibility that there's a misunderstanding at some level? The only "discretion" you understand is as it relates to "officer safety", not the citizens you are sworn to protect?

But forgetting those issues, let's refocus on the elephant in the room, that being the multiple (at least two on video) cops that straight up LIED. REPEATEDLY. BLATANTLY. And if they then memorialized those LIES on an official report, why are they not being prosecuted for it? Because "qualified immunity"? Because "discretion"? Because "thin blue line"?

Lastly, simply as supposed human beings, why did they force old guy to spend a single extra second in cuffs once delusional/confused UNSHOT lady is proven to be UNSHOT? Because he was upset?

These are actual, legitimate questions.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
No gray for you anywhere is there? No possibility that there's a misunderstanding at some level? The only "discretion" you understand is as it relates to "officer safety", not the citizens you are sworn to protect?

But forgetting those issues, let's refocus on the elephant in the room, that being the multiple (at least two on video) cops that straight up LIED. REPEATEDLY. BLATANTLY. And if they then memorialized those LIES on an official report, why are they not being prosecuted for it? Because "qualified immunity"? Because "discretion"? Because "thin blue line"?

Lastly, simply as supposed human beings, why did they force old guy to spend a single extra second in cuffs once delusional/confused UNSHOT lady is proven to be UNSHOT? Because he was upset?

These are actual, legitimate questions.
my guess and I can only guess once I was not there is you always keep a suspected shooter handcuffed until you clear the active scene, maybe they were not sure it was his wife, maybe they thought someone else might be shot. I’m not sure.In the end the Wife caused this entire thing to unfold so I lay 99% of the blame on her.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
my guess and I can only guess once I was not there is you always keep a suspected shooter handcuffed until you clear the active scene, maybe they were not sure it was his wife, maybe they thought someone else might be shot. I’m not sure.In the end the Wife caused this entire thing to unfold so I lay 99% of the blame on her.
If any of this was the case, wouldn't they have been frantically searching the house and surrounding area for the victim, or even another perp? But they weren't were they? So they at least thought there was no one else to be concerned about, victim or perp.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
If any of this was the case, wouldn't they have been frantically searching the house and surrounding area for the victim, or even another perp? But they weren't were they? So they at least thought there was no one else to be concerned about, victim or perp.
Well, answering ONE direct question is better than none. But still, THEY LIED. And in one of the videos they question "Why is he still cuffed?" is actually asked, and JBT answers to the effect "he's still pissed". So he was still cuffed because armed cop is either a pussy (afraid of an angry old man) or an a$$hole (doesn't want to admit he f-ed up). You pick. And while you're at it, yes YOU @Woodsy ,feel free to address the blatant lying by your fellow officers.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I can’t say if that’s true as I was not there and the cameras do not catch everything that occurred before and after.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well, answering ONE direct question is better than none. But still, THEY LIED. And in one of the videos they question "Why is he still cuffed?" is actually asked, and JBT answers to the effect "he's still pissed". So he was still cuffed because armed cop is either a pussy (afraid of an angry old man) or an a$$hole (doesn't want to admit he f-ed up). You pick. And while you're at it, yes YOU @Woodsy ,feel free to address the blatant lying by your fellow officers.
I did not see where they lied , I’ll have to review the video again. As for keeping him cuffed it’s a judgement call. If you think a suspect is going to assault you or do harm to himself , keeping him cuffed makes sense

I saw another video where the officer did indicate the suspect lost his footing and fell. Well he did lose his footing and did fall but that likely was caused by the force being use to extricate him from the scene of the suspected shooting. Town will likely toss him some money to make it go away.Again the wife is to blame here

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Remember the moron cop who T-boned a HS student while speeding in the school parking lot?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0o8YxsrpUY

He’s still at it protecting the shit out of people. Somebody calls 911 because there’s a semi-conscious guy laying in the street who says he’s been hit by a car. Responding cops first order of business? Help the guy who’s in distress right? Wrong. It’s to arrest the Good Samaritan.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sFRo1eIKM7A

Cops is a total psychopath. But don’t worry. He’s been “disciplined” to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Right. Because that will help. 🙄

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one is Woodsy? The one in tan pointing his rifle at the back of the guy in front of him and then nearly lighting him up, or the one in front that nearly gets lit up while running at the guy with his baton? These are the people who are allowed to carry guns. JFC.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTr5iTfi6h8
Um, sorry bro. In that exact situation, I would have fired about 3 seconds before they did (just looking at the video on where he met all 3 aspects of Graham Factors). He pointed the weapon AT the officers/deputies. A second or two later they fired and Mr. Baton guy rushed him. They tased him as well, before he lowered the gun.

Now, that said. There was something wrong with the subject, no doubt. Suicide by cop, or just plain crazy, I don't know. But in my view they showed almost lethal to themselves amount of restraint. There could have easily been one or two dead LEO's in that situation.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
He’s still at it protecting the shit out of people. Somebody calls 911 because there’s a semi-conscious guy laying in the street who says he’s been hit by a car. Responding cops first order of business? Help the guy who’s in distress right? Wrong. It’s to arrest the Good Samaritan.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sFRo1eIKM7A

Cops is a total psychopath. But don’t worry. He’s been “disciplined” to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Right. Because that will help. 🙄
I thought the first order of business on a call is officer / scene safety, then render aid and ask questions if possible as the scene unfolds. Once backup arrived, all that had to be done was to visually inspect the car for damage and go from there, but two ego's got all pumped up and it got out of control. . Unfortunately, this video will probably make a lot of people think twice about getting involved.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for what? I posted that specifically to point out their terrible tactics that put themselves in increased danger, which you seem to agree with.
Absolutely in agreement. Never should have left the cruisers. They put themselves there without a real plan to contain the situation.

edit: The 'sorry' was, I probably, maybe, kinda would have shot sooner. Wasn't there, but within a 'training' environment, I'd be talking to the person and explaining the stuff they missed that almost got them killed. I hit post/save way too soon most times.

Yosemite Sam

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Go figure, never thought this could ever happen
who says crime doesn’t pay?

”Massachusetts State Police overtime scandal: 14 retired troopers implicated in overtime fraud scheme can keep their pensions”

@ a cost of 1.17 million a year !!!o_O feels like we are getting fleeced again IMO
mass live at 413pm today

& by the way, one went out on disability [banghead]

Last edited:

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It will never stop until they are given the SAME justice that they give to the people they stop. Thugs gonna thug until they get, corrected. (trill emphasis on corrected)

Top Bottom