More police protecting and serving

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one was clearly contempt of cop. The dude did sound drunk, but if he was on private property, is that a crime?
In many Southern states, "public drunkenness" statutes apply any time you've visible from a public way. Front yard, porch, driveway... you can't drink or be drunk on that private property, because it's "public" for those purposes.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This thread makes me mad every time it is updated
You why it makes me mad?
It's not the mere injustice perpetrated on law-abiding citizens. It's not the pandemic police corruption at the cost of hardworking taxpayers.

It's the fact that these are SWORN law-enforcement tasked with building relationships and reducing crime in communities. They have a purpose that the community trusts them to carry out. It was once was a noble profession, up there with doctor, lawyer, teacher, etc., and rightfully so.

There are two playing fields: those in the system, and the outsiders.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's the fact that these are SWORN law-enforcement tasked with building relationships and reducing crime in communities
It is not their job to build relationships with the community. Their job is to enforce the laws of the state. Law Enforcement.
If you see officer friendly out walking the beat, shaking hands and kissing babies, he has an ulterior motive. I know a lot of cops and used to be friends with many. Today, I can count on no hands how many of them I'd trust with my life.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
In many Southern states, "public drunkenness" statutes apply any time you've visible from a public way. Front yard, porch, driveway... you can't drink or be drunk on that private property, because it's "public" for those purposes.
Not just southern states. For example in Maine you can be in the middle of you 500 acre farm faced and behind the wheel of your car. They can arrest you.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It is not their job to build relationships with the community. Their job is to enforce the laws of the state. Law Enforcement.
If you see officer friendly out walking the beat, shaking hands and kissing babies, he has an ulterior motive. I know a lot of cops and used to be friends with many. Today, I can count on no hands how many of them I'd trust with my life.
Thats BS , Officers do want to meet people and establish relationships with the local people where they patrol. It’s makes their job easier when some dbag copblocker commits a crime and you then need to track them down. All in the name of protecting the public , it’s pretty simple.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thats BS , Officers do want to meet people and establish relationships with the local people where they patrol. It’s makes their job easier when some dbag copblocker commits a crime and you then need to track them down. All in the name of protecting the public , it’s pretty simple.
The purpose of building relationships with the community is not for "helping me track perps".
The purpose is to be among the community you serve as an asset. If you want to be respected, you earn it. This endless corruption that seems pandemic doesn't lend a good name to profession of policing.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
More police violating people's clearly established first amendment rights. Clearly established in the fifth circuit after this case involving the same man filming here.

Turner v. Driver, No. 16-10312 (5th Cir. 2017)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ1lfyHzkaI
Sorry but I don't see a cop problem in this one. The guy filming was an a55. The cop was fine with him filming just didn't want an unknown behind him, even suggested a location that would have given him a better vantage point to film his interaction on the stop. If it was about filming he would have moved to that better location. But it was about antagonizing the cop. The strobe was a little annoyance but you get what you give. As for their driving off, some a55 is pestering them and they wanted no part of it, so they left.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The purpose of building relationships with the community is not for "helping me track perps".
The purpose is to be among the community you serve as an asset. If you want to be respected, you earn it. This endless corruption that seems pandemic doesn't lend a good name to profession of policing.
Actually it’s both and it is not corrupt. Respect runs both ways, if your a douche you get the douche treatment like those 7 mile over the speed limit tickets, failing to signal, illegal turns etc.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes. Standing silently filming is horrific! The horror! Go strobe a cop in the face and see if they think it’s just “a little annoyance”. Bet they don’t!

In any case it’s a violation of his rights. You not having a problem with it makes you a...well, yeah.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes. Standing silently filming is horrific! The horror! Go strobe a cop in the face and see if they think it’s just “a little annoyance”. Bet they don’t!

In any case it’s a violation of his rights. You not having a problem with it makes you a...well, yeah.
Cop never tried to stop him recording, never told him to stop, no violation of his rights.
All the cop wanted was for him to be where he could see him. Cops get do get hurt during routine traffic stops, completely reasonable to have an unknown where you can see them. This is good practice whether you're a cop or not, basic situational awareness. YOU WOULD WANT THE SAME THING, to keep an unknown where you can see them. Cops are human too, there are good ones and bad ones, I don't paint them all with the same brush. Once there was a second cop on scene to keep an eye on him, the cop went about his business. So it was all just about keeping the unknown in sight.

ISOTOX

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
So I have to ask a question...Many cop's are x-military...were they bad when they were kicking in doors and killing the bad guys in some shithole muzzy third world country? No one seemed to mind then. I know I surely did not as I was doing it. Again I have no love for cop's and I'm just putting it out there for reaction....Opinions may vary.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to ban all military from ever becoming police as there is a clear risk of militarization.

One of the many reasons police have a gang mentality is this idea they are to be military equipped and are somehow all related. The whole "thin blue line". It fosters an us vs them mentality. The fact many police refer to citizens and view themselves as not part of that group shows how damaged the psyche already is.

67ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
So I have to ask a question...Many cop's are x-military...were they bad when they were kicking in doors and killing the bad guys in some shithole muzzy third world country? No one seemed to mind then. I know I surely did not as I was doing it. Again I have no love for cop's and I'm just putting it out there for reaction....Opinions may vary.
And that is exactly the problem. Cops don't understand that law enforcement is COMPLETELY different from military action. Much of the training isn't applicable at all. The military has objectives which have nothing to do with domestic law enforcement. Taking a ridge, destroying a weapons depot, or assassinating a terrorist are military actions not law enforcement. Punching a 16 year old boy with his hands behind his back is not law enforcement. Why someone thinks that military is good prep for LE is beyond me. Lawyers would be better prep for a career in LE than military. But that will never happen.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The irony is that you had more strict ROE overseas, and more severe consequences for violating them, than police in America.

As others have noted, military and police are not the same, and never should be.

But as you've seen, domestic police have become the standing army that our Founders warned us about, and rebelled against.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to ban all military from ever becoming police as there is a clear risk of militarization.

One of the many reasons police have a gang mentality is this idea they are to be military equipped and are somehow all related. The whole "thin blue line". It fosters an us vs them mentality. The fact many police refer to citizens and view themselves as not part of that group shows how damaged the psyche already is.
Some of the best cops I know are former .mil guys.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It has nothing to do with being former military and everything to do with the mindset they wake up with every morning and go to work with.

Being former military doesn’t translate into being an authoritarian jack wagon. Being someone who enjoys wielding power over others and lacking the ability to make rational decisions translates into being a JBT.

desertr8der

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Many I know are ex military and solid officers with no record of discipline or abuse. It feels like you're trying to figure out the rhyme or reason why some turn bad. There isn't one specific reason. Many have dreams of doing the job and police orgs being "paramilitary" are easy transitions. Some have a switch to turn it on and off some don't.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let’s face it. All are prone to failure, cops AND those whom they serve and protect (rarely seen nowadays). How many days did it take for the BPD to “invesitgate” who shot the BWH valet in the eye? How about the UPS hostage affair with WOT “patrol” rifles?

Let’s get to a point where the public become their own force who serve and protect. Then they can vote to take the keys, service weapons, patrol vehicle, and all other public property away from the fired copz and at least give them an uber home in their underwear rather than walking home in the snow with a turtlehead in tight whities. Ya know, kinda like small rural communities do, like that NH case?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NYPD cop murders son. State knew he was abusive and protected him while targeting his ex-wife instead. No biggie, just a little murder is all.

Hard to put you hands behind your back when you've got some dude on top of you repeatedly punching you in the head.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYF-FENUuKM

Top Bottom