More police protecting and serving

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isolated incidents, and they were bad, anyways, 'cuz ______________________________________________

Sorry...the regular cadre of apologists seem to be busy, so, being a Team Player, I'll cover for them.
I see a metric ton of piss poor training in the last couple before replying to this post. Pulling gun instead of taser, using taser and not following up correctly, both led to someone getting shot.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I tend to blame schools for situations like these. But. I’m not familiar with PA education laws, but schools don’t always have discretion in every case. Zero-tolerance laws sometimes compel them to call the cops whether they want to or not.

Not saying that’s what happened here, but it does happen sometimes.
Yes, they lobbied hard to get laws passed that absolve them of all responsibility.

"I had no choice! It's zero tolerance! It's not my fault!"

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yes, they lobbied hard to get laws passed that absolve them of all responsibility.

"I had no choice! It's zero tolerance! It's not my fault!"
Again, states vary.

Here in MA, young kids cannot be arrested. In the town where I teach, the cops won’t even respond unless it’s a drug case.

It’s better that way, at least in that town. But every town is different. The problem with zero tolerance laws is that they remove discretion.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, states vary.

Here in MA, young kids cannot be arrested. In the town where I teach, the cops won’t even respond unless it’s a drug case.

It’s better that way, at least in that town. But every town is different. The problem with zero tolerance laws is that they remove discretion.
I didn't see that the girl in PA was arrested, only that police responded and filed a report.

But the first cop who showed up should have asked, "Are you shittin' me? No. Call her mother, because I have better things to do."

Last edited:

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It takes a criminal conviction to be fired. Video proof is good enough for a jury or judge but not enough for the department.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdiNtZ7qWJk

Officer Jon Preston Romer Jr. was terminated following the jury’s guilty verdict in Tarrant County’s 297th District Court, said Lt. Brandon O’Neil, a police spokesman.

Romer is to be tried separately on official oppression and making a false report charges in connection with the November 2016 incident, but the trial that began last week focused only on aggravated perjury. Romer was accused of lying to grand jurors about whether he told Henry Newson that he was under arrest for resisting before he punched him.

Romer’s bond was revoked and he will be jailed until his sentencing. He will be sentenced to between two and 10 years in prison and faces a maximum fine of $10,000.

The charges against Romer stem from an incident on Nov. 5, 2016, in which he allegedly subjected Newson to unlawful mistreatment, arrest, and search and seizure, according to an indictment on the charge of official oppression. Romer’s accused of striking Newson with his fist, choking him with his hands and pushing him. Last week jurors watched a surveillance video of the encounter.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article238279703.html#storylink=cpy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Drunk and passed out behind the wheel in the middle of the road, but why bother even doing a DUI investigation neverless charging him, he’s a cop!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QHI2BkzkM

On duty, in uniform. No investigation done because buddies in blue covered for him saying they didn’t bother with a DUI investigation because they thought it was a medical issue despite body cam showing they knew he was drunk. He later admitted to being drunk. Chief let’s him keep his job because when your a cop, as long as you admit to your crimes you are good to go. His BAC was .43!!!!

Unfettered corruption.

More on this, where everyone in the world knows this cop is obliterated and it's the most obvious DUI in the world yet won't be charged because police intentionally don't investigate preventing prosecution. It's so corrupt it's not even funny.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76fmhoSSHU

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More on this, where everyone in the world knows this cop is obliterated and it's the most obvious DUI in the world yet won't be charged because police intentionally don't investigate preventing prosecution. It's so corrupt it's not even funny.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76fmhoSSHU
That's a great video.

Having been a union steward in an LE agency once upon a lifetime ago, I'm very familiar with Garrity.

When a government employee is being investigated for misconduct, they must be warned of the possible consequences. If the investigation could lead to criminal charges, they have every right to remain silent. However, if they are required to answer questions that could lead to disciplinary action, those answers cannot be used in criminal proceedings. They are informed by being presented with and asked to sign either Form A, or Form B, depending on if it's a criminal investigation, or a workplace disciplinary investigation.

This is because the government, as the employer, is asking the questions, so the 5th Amendment applies.

If a private employer demands that you answer honestly any questions about misconduct or face firing, that's the worst they can do: fire you. But if the government employer requires answers, they could then use those answers to criminally prosecute the employee -- if not for the Garrity case.

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Couple of drunk cops pull the "do you know I'm a cop" card and it doesn't end well...

Capt. Amanda Caton, 55, was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated early Sunday in Loveland, where an officer pulled her over as she drove with her husband, Patrick, who is also a cop in Cincinnati,
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
This is what can happen when you try to attack and kill a member of law enforcement. Good job all around. Police kill Michigan man who stabbed K-9 in head
So, if stabbing a dog (and not killing the dog, BTW) in the head merits death, I guess cops that shoot dogs should be killed, too, yes? A direct answer would be nice.

It's. A. Dog. (I have a dog, and love him, but he's not "a people.") Should a person be killed for breaking a window on a cop car? Animals, as vehicles, are considered property. You seem to think that property damage is a capital offense.

You complain that people here don't like cops....this is why. [rolleyes]

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have no problem with a citizen killing a person harming their dog. I do have a problem with government killing a civilian over the same issue. Because police are by definition supposed to be arbiters of law and deescalate situations so they may be remedied in court.

Citizens need not be held to the deescalation standard as they are the direct victim and property represents the fruits of labor and time which cannot be given back. Thus protecting the fruit of your labor and time justifies the use if deadly force against property and personal injury.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
So, if stabbing a dog (and not killing the dog, BTW) in the head merits death, I guess cops that shoot dogs should be killed, too, yes? A direct answer would be nice.

It's. A. Dog. (I have a dog, and love him, but he's not "a people.") Should a person be killed for breaking a window on a cop car? Animals, as vehicles, are considered property. You seem to think that property damage is a capital offense.

You complain that people here don't like cops....this is why. [rolleyes]
the perps next target was the officers and attacking or not obeying orders to drop a weapon will be rewarded with a dirt nap. FYI I don’t really complain just point out the mass of copblockers

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
the perps next target was the officers and attacking or not obeying orders to drop a weapon will be rewarded with a dirt nap. FYI I don’t really complain just point out the mass of copblockers
Sorry, your original post was that the "perp" was killed for attacking the dog, and it was a good job all around. Whether the "perp" was obeying or not will be disclosed when the body cam footage is made public...oh, wait....there's none? Wonder why cops are against being filmed?

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
LOL You're right, you have to wait until the last minute in the video and then you see the husband wearing a skirt. It looks like they were roll playing and he dressed up as a school girl.
I think it was a kilt/sporran with wool socks and boots. Look at the video at the below, cued up. Tactical kilt?

View: https://youtu.be/eTD919fmkGI?t=1027

From a link at utube.

The officers finally offered to give Patrick a ride to his nearby home, but he said he wouldn’t accept a lift from “you guys,” then left the scene under threat of arrest, police said.

Cops later took Caton to the Loveland Police Department, then back to her home. Once there, an aggressive Patrick allegedly continued confronting the officers, according to the police report.

“Be sure to tell your moms that you met real cops tonight,” it quotes him as saying.

In 2003, Patrick was fired by Cincinnati police after he was acquitted for assault in the 2001 death of Roger Owensby. He was one of three cops accused of beating and choking the man, who later died from his injuries. The lieutenant was later reinstated and awarded $200,000 back pay, the newspaper reports.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In 2003, Patrick was fired by Cincinnati police after he was acquitted for assault in the 2001 death of Roger Owensby. He was one of three cops accused of beating and choking the man, who later died from his injuries. The lieutenant was later reinstated and awarded $200,000 back pay, the newspaper reports.
And that’s why there are so many bad cops. If when you fire them they still keep their job!!!

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
Sorry, your original post was that the "perp" was killed for attacking the dog, and it was a good job all around. Whether the "perp" was obeying or not will be disclosed when the body cam footage is made public...oh, wait....there's none? Wonder why cops are against being filmed?
word from the officers invoked is he did attack the dog on his way to get to the officer, was non compliant etc. so he dirt napped. Sometimes cameras don’t work, sometimes You forget them. No big deal IAD will look into it to see if there’s any inconsistencies

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When you or I are ignorant and don't know the law, we get cited or arrested. When a cop has no idea what the law is, despite being paid to do so, well, they still get paid. Just another reason why these cops should get no respect. It's literally your f***ing job to know the laws you are enforcing. Instead they don't care, and why would they when they aren't held accountable.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTegabOR4tY

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
When you or I are ignorant and don't know the law, we get cited or arrested. When a cop has no idea what the law is, despite being paid to do so, well, they still get paid. Just another reason why these cops should get no respect. It's literally your f***ing job to know the laws you are enforcing. Instead they don't care, and why would they when they aren't held accountable.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTegabOR4tY
Both cops had no idea what the law was. When the second cop showed up, he didn't seem to object to this in any way and was like "yup this is all fine, I'll just stand here".

I guess some states might require an international driver's license, although I did a quick search and it said only Georgia was such a state.

Top Bottom