• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More police protecting and serving

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Boston cop sends fake ticket, lies about it.

I'm too lazy to find the picture of Cartman.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well, it's not illegal for them to do so

And there is no justice when the do it outside of the limits placed upon them

As two Seattle police officers approached a home linked to a driver who had fled a hit-and-run, they discussed using a ruse to get information from the suspect.
“It’s a lie, but it’s fun,” one of the officers told his partner, according to a later report.
When a woman answered the door and said the suspect wasn’t there, the officer used the ruse by telling her that a person was near death after the suspect left the scene of a collision that day. The woman was shaken and later told the suspect what the police had said, according to a government report on the 2018 incident first reported by the Seattle Times.
The woman later uncovered the officer’s deceit, but not before unexpected tragedy struck: The suspect ended his own life less than a week after police visited the home. Now the officer has been disciplined after a police watchdog group found his lie at least partly caused the suspect’s suicide.

Andrew Myerberg, director of the city’s Office of Police Accountability, wrote in his report that the ruse was impermissible under the circumstances and that the officer’s use of it “shocked the conscience.” Myerberg also suggested Seattle police train officers on when ruses are and are not appropriate.
The officer said it was unfortunate that the suspect had killed himself but that he was not responsible for the suicide, according to the report. The document did not name anyone involved in the incident.
Police Chief Carmen Best suspended the officer for six days without pay, the department said in a statement.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Something tells me you have more than one mag loaded and ready...

And that's just for the natrual predators that try to kill them [laugh]

Seriously though I watched my wife once sprint out the door like a cheetah when a hawk attacked once and try to attack it bare handed. She's serious about her poultry.

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

You know, makes me wonder while I'm on the highway, how many of these guys in their own personal vehicle are the ones weaving in and out of lanes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

bmac10

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just don't understand how this sort of thing doesn't result in vigilante justice.
I don't have info on this any more than anybody elsedoes, and it does look bad. It could be , though, that they have had incidences of kids on bikes causing problems like we have had here, and this kid was not stopping for the police.

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
From the Herald

A Boston cop has been suspended after he pleaded not guilty Tuesday to sending a phony ticket with a threatening note to a driver after an alleged incident on Interstate 93 near Stoneham last March.

Christopher Curtis, who made $95,551 in 2018, is on administrative leave without pay, a BPD spokesman said Tuesday, after his arraignment on charges of forgery, witness intimidation and false report by a public employee. Curtis was indicted last month after his sham citation was uncovered by BPD’s Anti-Corruption Division, a prosecutor said.

“I have a 6 min video of you driving like an (expletive) HAT, and pulled up to you and took your picture,” a photo of Curtis’ handwritten note to the victim in a prosecutor’s statement of the case said. “Try Fighting this. I DARE YOU!”

Last March 1, as the victim was driving on I-93 north of Boston, a white Toyota Tundra approached the victim’s car “dangerously close” to his bumper, honked its horn and forced the victim’s vehicle inches from the median bumper before exiting the highway 10 minutes later, Suffolk Assistant District Attorney Kevin Bergin wrote.

Weeks after the incident, the victim allegedly received a $790 traffic citation for several offenses in the mail with an envelope bearing the BPD logo, including the handwritten note. Woburn District Court personnel noted irregularities with the ticket when the victim tried to appeal it, Bergin wrote, and the personnel referred it to BPD.

The ticket allegedly had an illegible signature, an untraceable officer ID number, was listed as “state” to make it appear as a state police citation, and came from Curtis’ ticket book.

An investigation also pinned Curtis’ cellphone location to the site of the alleged incident, and records indicated Curtis accessed the victim’s information through law enforcement software the night of the incident. Insurance records also indicated Curtis owned a 2014 Tundra with a damaged front grille, which the victim identified.

When questioned by police, Curtis lied in an initial interview before admitting to forging the ticket in a second interview, “offering nonsensical explanations for his actions,” Bergin wrote.

“While he also admitted to writing the menacing note, the defendant claimed he did not intend to mail it with the ticket; it was meant to be a joke sent to another officer with a gift card,” the statement of facts said.

Curtis was released on personal recognizance and ordered to have no contact with the victim. He will return to court Jan. 28 for a pre-trial conference.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
An investigation also pinned Curtis’ cellphone location to the site of the alleged incident, and records indicated Curtis accessed the victim’s information through law enforcement software the night of the incident.

Using this trick all the time I see.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXegGey8E2s

The backstory behind this makes it even worse. Let's list the number of crimes and rights violations committed by the gang members with badges shall we.

1. Illegal use of motor vehicle database. Used to track down someone because she swore at them, which isn't a crime.
2. Arrest without warrant. Entered house unlawfully and without warrant to enact an already illegal arrest.
3. Excessive force. Throwing an elderly woman to the ground for no reason.
4. Unlawful arrests. Arrested two people for contempt of cop.
5. Official misconduct. Falsifying police reports.
6. Official oppression.
7. Deprivation of rights under the color of law. Both first and fourth amendment violations.

True brave heroes.

Officers said she interfered with the arrest of her granddaughter on a charge of disorderly conduct a short time earlier at a different location, where police said the granddaughter cursed at officers and caused a scene. But officers did not arrest the granddaughter at the time, saying they didn't see her leave.

Charging documents reveal one officer used Motor Vehicle Administration records to track her to her grandmother's house.

"They tracked her down like she was a fugitive," Barbara Mellerson said.

Officers made no mention of having an arrest warrant for the granddaughter, the family said. An officer used pepper spray and Tasers inside Rena Mellerson's house, saying her granddaughter had moved toward him in what he called an aggressive manner. His foot was caught in the door.

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXegGey8E2s

The backstory behind this makes it even worse. Let's list the number of crimes and rights violations committed by the gang members with badges shall we.

1. Illegal use of motor vehicle database. Used to track down someone because she swore at them, which isn't a crime.
2. Arrest without warrant. Entered house unlawfully and without warrant to enact an already illegal arrest.
3. Excessive force. Throwing an elderly woman to the ground for no reason.
4. Unlawful arrests. Arrested two people for contempt of cop.
5. Official misconduct. Falsifying police reports.
6. Official oppression.
7. Deprivation of rights under the color of law. Both first and fourth amendment violations.

True brave heroes.

[puke]

Top Bottom