3   0   0

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These morons never seem to have the cognitive skills to put the pieces together and realize that they are the problem.....because they keep voting for the idiots that criminalize dumb shit that JBT's selectively enforce.......

Eliminate the dumb shit politicians/stop voting for demwits and problem solved......

But somehow "Orange man bad" for eliminating the dumb shit federal regulations that are not unrelated to this dumb shit

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Committed a crime andncharged as he should have been. Again a few bad apples don’t mean the millions of officers are not doing their job everyday to protect and serve
He wasn’t investigated by police at all after his gun was used to shoot his wife who was divorcing him in the head. It took someone who wasn’t a cop to investigate and bring definitive evidence of crimes to police. He then admitted to those crimes. And yet charges were sat on for a year until eventually were no billed after the DA intentionally sank the case. The whole department was involved in a cover up and went after the whistleblower!

You either didn’t actually watch the story or are so blinded by blue ignored it. It’s the epitome of police corruption and you characterized it as a few bad apples. Shocking.

desertr8der

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You and the rest of the copblock clan will keep this thread going based on that small percentage of scum in uniform. The percentage of bad ones to good ones is still not even close except here.. In the echo chamber where blue is baaaaaad.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Bad cops are like pedophile priests: the real problem is the coverup of the individuals' bad actions.

If a cop committed a crime, and was outed, arrested, charged, and tried, when the crime was discovered, the attitude would be different. But, just like the Catholic Church, the problem is swept under the rug.

A pedophile priest is a person with a problem. An organization that protects them, allowing them to continue is Evil.

Draw the parallels.

ETA: Yes, this thread will continue to go on....as the problems pointed out in the thread show no signs of stopping.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Literally all four examples I just posted dealt with entire departments and agencies. What’s funny is in one of those videos the former IA Chief of CBP said

“Mr. Luna is not one bad apple. He is apart of a rein of corruption.”

There goes your few bad apples argument.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Bad cops are like pedophile priests: the real problem is the coverup of the individuals' bad actions.

If a cop committed a crime, and was outed, arrested, charged, and tried, when the crime was discovered, the attitude would be different. But, just like the Catholic Church, the problem is swept under the rug.

A pedophile priest is a person with a problem. An organization that protects them, allowing them to continue is Evil.

Draw the parallels.

ETA: Yes, this thread will continue to go on....as the problems pointed out in the thread show no signs of stopping.
Yep. It would go a LONG way towards restoring people's trust in police in general if they were convinced that police departments quickly and properly dealt with officers who do bad things. But people see the pattern and know better. A cop does something bad and nothing is done about him, and people aren't surprised. Instead, people are surprised if a department actually does the right thing with a bad cop; they didn't see that coming. It should not be that way.

There are entire "ethnic" neighborhoods of cities where pretty much everyone distrusts the cops so much that they won't even turn over information on a murder if it means talking to cops. They'd rather have a murderer go free instead of talk to the cops. That's messed up. But, kind of understandable. You don't need all, or even most, cops to be bad before people don't trust any of them. It only takes a few. Yes, Woodsy, "a few bad apples" actually IS a problem. Even if it really is only "a few", it's a problem. Not only should cops be held to a standard that the rest of us would be in the same situation, the standard should be much higher because they've been given the "authority" to do things the rest of us can't do. So, trust and integrity is imperative.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And no shit there are some good cops. Are you being intentionally dense in ignoring the fact the bad ones don’t get held accountable and other’s protect and defend the actions of the bad ones? That it’s the system itself enables misconduct and punishes those who try to hold the bad ones accountable? Why would you possibly be against holding cops who commit crimes accountable? It wouldn’t be the exact reason it’s allowed to perpetuate in the first place would it...

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
So....since the cops will come over when I call 911 (actually, I have a couple of stories about that), which they are paid to do. I, and everyone else should be not care about malfeasance. Good to know.

And if you have a problem with the analogy, please show me the difference. Show us all. We poor "civilians" would like a peek behind ________________________ so that the rationale of ignoring and abetting criminal activity, because the perps are cops is OK. At least the pedophiles are mostly mentally ill, and not merely criminal.

Oh, you still haven't let us know the locality that you protect (so I can stay out of it - that should reduce your workload). If you're too...shy....to do it on the open forum, PM me. I'll keep it in confidence.

desertr8der

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
And no shit there are some good cops. Are you being intentionally dense in ignoring the fact the bad ones don’t get held accountable and other’s protect and defend the actions of the bad ones? That it’s the system itself enables misconduct and punishes those who try to hold the bad ones accountable? Why would you possibly be against holding cops who commit crimes accountable? It wouldn’t be the exact reason it’s allowed to perpetuate in the first place would it...

Oh Bones, you're such a pretentious c***, it would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Luckily other people can discuss things like adults.

I am all for holding bad ones accountable, never said otherwise. Sometimes bad starts at the top. Organizations who shelter officers that break the public trust and the law should suffer for it as well. I've never strayed from that opinion. Per usual you (bones) see what you want in what I say. Pretty sure that's the first and only time I've seen you admit there are good cops, are you feeling ok? Yea totally, I loathe all things right and moral.

The system is... Off to say the least, but for the most part out of all LEO in the USA most are people who do it with the level of professionalism and empathy our citizens expect from them. I am not a one sided coin here. I agree with some points being made.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oh Bones, you're such a pretentious c***, it would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Luckily other people can discuss things like adults.

I am all for holding bad ones accountable, never said otherwise. Sometimes bad starts at the top. Organizations who shelter officers that break the public trust and the law should suffer for it as well. I've never strayed from that opinion. Per usual you (bones) see what you want in what I say. Pretty sure that's the first and only time I've seen you admit there are good cops, are you feeling ok? Yea totally, I loathe all things right and moral.

The system is... Off to say the least, but for the most part out of all LEO in the USA most are people who do it with the level of professionalism and empathy our citizens expect from them. I am not a one sided coin here. I agree with some points being made.
You call him a c¥^t then basically agree with him?

desertr8der

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Too funny. My opinions are known. Bones makes up his own out of what I say. Reinstating my own positions has little to do with his. He wasn't the only one who posted.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Absolutely correct. Notice the common denominator in the vast majority of the examples posted? The top not only does nothing about the bad ones, they actually defend them. I think your forgetting the rest of the bad apple analogy. One bad apple spoils the bunch.

If you've never seen me say that it's because you either haven't read my posts or have ignored them, which is ironic considering you just told me I only see what I want in what you say. You do see that, right?

I hope you really aren't, but judging by your comments and the rate you agree with Woodsy, I'm skeptical.

My opinions are known. Bones makes up his own out of what I say. Reinstating my own positions has little to do with his. He wasn't the only one who posted.
There it is again. Yes, you weren't the only one who posted. Notice I didn't quote anyone in my last couple of posts, yet you assumed I was talking about you? Notice Woodsy also posted just before me? I'll be pretentious and assume you can work this one out.

By discuss things like adults do you mean by slinging insults or were you not including yourself? The irony is palpable.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and the rest of the copblock clan will keep this thread going based on that small percentage of scum in uniform. The percentage of bad ones to good ones is still not even close except here.. In the echo chamber where blue is baaaaaad.
Percentages don't matter. It doesn't matter if it's one in ten, or one in ten million, if your life gets ruined by the one.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
From today's 'Short Circuit' the weekly newsletter from IJ:
  • Octogenarian with Alzheimer's and dementia is out for a walk near his home when police approach him and begin asking him questions. Confused by the encounter, he attempts to walk away, at which point police tackle him, handcuff him, and arrest him. He's held in custody for 11 hours until he signs a form that he can't understand and that Larimer County, Colo. jail officials will not permit his wife to effectively explain to him. Did the jail officials violate the Americans with Disabilities Act? Tenth Circuit (unsigned, nonprecedential opinion): No reasonable jury could so conclude. Dissent (signed and published): "If law enforcement officers propose to arrest Alzheimer's patients for the simple act of walking around the block, then jail personnel had best be prepared to accommodate the disabilities of those patients when clearly advised of the patients' condition." (The man's claims against the police are settled for $113k.
    )
I strongly encourage everyone to subscribe to this newsletter....

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Top Bottom