More police protecting and serving

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Anything more on this case? I'm assuming it was settled because that article was from 2017.
NES, we, did a thread on this. He got a two year suspension but I don't remember after that.

By Steven H. Foskett Jr.
Telegram & Gazette Staff
Tuesday
Posted Aug 22, 2017 at 8:53 PM Updated Aug 23, 2017 at 6:14 AM

BROOKFIELD - State police confirmed Tuesday night that a trooper from the Brookfield barracks who took video recordings of traffic stops for two years without department authorization has been suspended.

David Procopio, state police spokesman, did not elaborate in an email Tuesday night on the duration of the suspension that Trooper Nicholas Holden will face. The discipline comes after the initiation of three separate internal affairs probes that concluded the 42-year-old trooper was overly aggressive and taped without state police authorization. The administrative action decision was finalized Friday.

“An internal investigation by the Massachusetts State Police has sustained multiple charges against Trooper Nicholas Holden for violations of departmental policies and rules,” Mr. Procopio said in the statement. “The department has taken administrative action against Trooper Holden commensurate with the sustained offenses. As for his departmental duty status, he is suspended.”

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another hero breaking the face of a woman because he can. I love how after he does it he tells the other cop "I'm good, I'm good", while shes face down in a pool of blood. Big man.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Another hero breaking the face of a woman because he can. I love how after he does it he tells the other cop "I'm good, I'm good", while shes face down in a pool of blood. Big man.

Well.

At least he made sure to call her "ma'am." JFC.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Somebody is getting a payday backed by several high level court cases addressing exactly what happened here.

Incidents like these would actually be effective at lowering police abuse IF the punishment were to come from them personally when the $ was awarded by the court. Since the taxpayer gets stuck with the bill those cops will all remain on duty doing the same shit.

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That particular encounter comes down to sheer impatience/petulance on the officer. He could have asked her to remain seated and tried to verify if that truck was her ex ex-husband's and attempted to find him.

Had the officer taken a more empathetic approach to his questioning and slowed it down to let her keep up (as she's clearly hammered and slow at responding) he likely could have gotten the entire situation verbally. Instead hes peppering her with verbal input and she's struggling to stay current in the conversation, creating confusion.

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Million dollars bail and 3 months in jail for cotton candy. Corrupt from top to bottom.

$1M bail?!? Wow.
News didn't say why she was pulled over, but the poor gal must have been dumb enough to not say "Sorry officer, but I don't consent to any searches." It's hard to tell, but to me she has that look of someone who might get arrested for Contempt of Cop.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Kuhner was just bitching about a new law in California that puts police personally responsible, and could land them in jail for life or the death penalty for unjustified deaths.

Typically, the law is made to a one size fits all which are less than ideal at best, but to be honest - I don't have a problem with it.

Look at the this thread, look at the multiple examples of police abusing and in some cases killing the citizenry and nothing happens. When the police have 'qualified immunity' by contract and the rest of the Thin Blue Line lie (compared to the dash cams they tried to hide and suppress), the activists are going to get some law passed. Guess what, it happened. You keep playing the 'we are above you' game, calling the citizenry 'civilians' and all the rest; you get what is coming to you.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The law already provides for life in prison or the death penalty for this. It’s never enforced. I’m not knowledgeable of this new law you are talking about in CA, but it’s sure to be meaningless. Law enforcement isn’t going to enforce it on themselves, obviously.

And if they try judges won’t allow them to for exactly the reason you state. Immunity. They system is designed to protect themselves.

For reference:

18 USC § 241

18 USC § 242

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have little sympathy for the woman. Drunk as hell, drove there drunk as hell, belligerent, most likely trying to smash up her ex's car after an argument. Sucks she kissed the pavement with the full force of her body, but it is what it is. Maybe that "brain damage" will keep her from drinking and driving again.

Here's my addition to the thread, which I think is funny as hell.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"Officer Christopher Martinez wrote in his report that he thought Wallace was going to try to run away. He said he punched Wallace three times in the face, which let the officer get his back off the second story balcony railing."

And the video proved that to be a lie. Shocking, a falsified police report designed to cover-up misconduct. Who would have thought.

"An initial use of force investigation didn't find the officer used excessive force".

The police investigated themselves and determined they didn't do anything wrong. Another shock.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's my addition to the thread, which I think is funny as hell.

Good example of a case where the cop was technically correct but also a complete and total douche.

If every cranky old man or woman got tased every time they (essentially) yelled "Get off my lawn!" there would be a shortage on taser refills.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good example of a case where the cop was technically correct but also a complete and total douche.
He eas escalating the situation by forcing the signature. If a motorist doesn't want to take the ticket, Mail it in. He felt disrespected by an 68 year old lady and wanted to kick her ass.
And writing a citation instead of a warning for a broken taillight? Total dick move.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He eas escalating the situation by forcing the signature. If a motorist doesn't want to take the ticket, Mail it in. He felt disrespected by an 68 year old lady and wanted to kick her ass.
And writing a citation instead of a warning for a broken taillight? Total dick move.
Ticket or warning usually comes down to attitude. You are legally required in that state to sign your ticket. You aren't admitting fault, you are agreeing to either pay the fine or fight it in court.

Refuse to sign, you get arrested. That is the law on the books there.

I am just wondering how someone goes from an $80 ticket to... several felonies willingly.

Top Bottom