• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More PC lunatics in public schools

thats complete horse shit. So that kids goes to apply for college and on his transcript it will say suspended for incident involving weapon. way to go that kid will never get into any school.

IMHO he should get a scholorship for saving the kids life

Who is this school official who suspended these three students, and why does this person believe that the other student (the one who had the gun pointed at them) deserved to die? I really question the integrity of the school board if they aren't firing this school official after this BS.

Its crap like this that makes me want to home school my daughter.....

Believe it or not, this kind of story really wouldn't happen at every school in the country; in fact, zero-tolerance policies are no longer in vogue in a lot of places. As Apathesis points out, we're dealing here with a school that apparently has no idea what it's doing. This is the kind of incident that should make parents actually read the school's policies and inform themselves, but of course they usually don't in my experience.

There should be a zero tolerance policy for stupidity in amongst the school officials. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Whoever decided to suspend that kid should be fired.

There should be a zero tolerance policy for stupidity in amongst the school officials. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Whoever decided to suspend that kid should be fired.

There never seem to be any consequences when they make these type of decisions, so they will continue.

I read the school policy, it clearly states: When confronted with a life threatening situation, immediately curl into a fetal position, suck your thumb and hope for the best while saying three times "The government will help me" and all will be well.

I read the school policy, it clearly states: When confronted with a life threatening situation, immediately curl into a fetal position, suck your thumb and hope for the best while saying three times "The government will help me" and all will be well.

Point well taken, but that's not what I meant. There are a lot of schools with dumb suspension policies, or with disciplinary policies that won't ever work. Most schools write those down someplace with the expectation that parents read them. I've never met a parent that has, which is why these suspensions come as such a shock to them. In reality, if they'd known this was the way the school would discipline its students ("emergency suspension?" Come on.), they'd have done best to avoid that school. Sooner or later, if enough parents vote with their kids' feet, the school will have to change its policies.

Please understand, I think this particular suspension is one of the worst stories I've ever heard, if the newspaper is reporting it correctly. But if the school committee had established this as its policy, then at some level, the parents shouldn't be complaining after putting their kid in such a ridiculous place.

Back
Top Bottom