• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More PC Crap

We went through a similar thing with a local high school. "Crusaders" is a bad thing, I guess. There was quite an uproar over changing it.

More "Howard the Coward", AKA "Howling Howard" Dean, and his Metrosexual minions.

I'm very NON-PC and proud of it.

I'm definately NOT PC,shoot my Dad's part Cherokee. He wouldn't have thought it offensive. Which is also why I could not work in Glenn's evnvironment.

Yea, I know that we went through something like this at our College when they were saying that we were going to have to lose the Rebel Flag as our School flag.

We're the Ole Miss Rebels. What in the hell are we supposed to use?

A fairly good friend of mine is a Seneca Indian. He's also a retired squid.

He knows that when I use the term Indian (which is NOT an insult, as far as I'm concerned), I'm referring to "Native Americans", not people from the country of India. And Indian is a good thing, not a bad thing that needs to be hidden.

The problem with people that are very PC is that you'll probably find they're just Bigots that haven't come out yet. They hide their bigotry in terms like "African-American" and "Native American". All this "-American" crap makes me sick.

Are Blacks and Indians (and all the other "-Americans") any less American than the rest of us? I don't think so. But the PC crowd doesn't like it.

"We recognize this is an emotional issue in Florida, and in other parts of the country there are people who feel just as strongly being opposed," NCAA spokesman Bob Williams

[stfu]

"How politically correct can we get?" Bush asked. "The folks that make these decisions need to get out more often."
[idea]

I agree on the last part. Maybe if they took their rose colored glasses off for awhile...... Yeah right what was I thinking. That will never happen.

Sure, there are some who don't appreciate the benevolence and soundness of this policy, mostly homophobic racist white males, but also a few Uncle Tom-Tom's who've been taken in by their rhetoric. You see, Native Americans, Blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities, no matter how nice they are and how much we care about them, really aren't yet sufficiently civilized to be able to understand what's in their own best interests. Don't worry, though, the Great White Father (aka Massa', aka el Patron) will always be there looking out for them and taking care of them. And because they're doing this purely out of a charitable sense of Noblesse Oblige, the only thing they ask in return is form the little people to pay their taxes and turn out to vote for the right candidates.

Ken

Damn Ken, that was a good one. You really had me going there, until I got in a little further, and I can see where you really stand. About as PC as I am, just more tactful.

Nickle said:
Damn Ken, that was a good one. You really had me going there, until I got in a little further, and I can see where you really stand. About as PC as I am, just more tactful.

Whewww! I was worried that I might have need to put <sarcasm> tags or smilies on it.

Ken

KMaurer said:
Nickle said:

Whewww! I was worried that I might have need to put <sarcasm> tags or smilies on it

Actually, Ken, I think that this proves you're a Marine non-com - I don't think I've seen such a masterful dressing down ever... and you did it all without raising your (virtual) voice or resorting to profanity.

Me 'at's off t'yer, Guv!

Ross

Back
Top Bottom