• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More on Sabre Defence

I knew that place was trouble.

[video=hulu;jQoAII0Fg_DuuBpcNgOSdA]http://www.hulu.com/watch/126005/the-office-an-introduction-to-sabre[/video]

Why would they care if they are legitimate?

I guess because this sort of activity tend to tar an entire industry with a broad brush.

Although I'm well aware of how easy it is to run afoul of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)--we get semi-annual training on it, as well as constant "Did you know"-type reminders--comments like "...concealed their activities by falsifying shipping records and labels and concealing gun components in false bottoms of boxes..." make me nervous.

This sounds a little bit off....Government contractor, certainly not short on cash, making petty side money on things readily available in overseas countries through criminal elements that make our U.S. organized crime look like a street gang....

doesn't add up.

Last edited:
This sounds a little bit off....Government contractor, certainly not short on cash, making petty side money on things readily available in overseas countries through criminal elements that make our U.S. organized crime looks like a street gang....

doesn't add up.

Obadiah Stane sold all those weapons to the Taliban, remember?

This sounds a little bit off....Government contractor, certainly not short on cash, making petty side money on things readily available in overseas countries through criminal elements that make our U.S. organized crime look like a street gang....

doesn't add up.

I agree - unless it wasn't just "petty side money", and was a really large scale operation. Just don't get why these guys would want to jeopardize a large scale military contract like that. The markup is astronomical when dealing with government contracts, so the other stuff had to have been purely greed, if it's true.

not entirely sure...

k234552_ak47%20+%20life%20vest-%20life%20vest%20ak47-%20life%20vest%20ak-47-.jpg
Heck, according to our government that's likely a $1200 "Arsenal" bought at a guns how in Texas and converted to fully auto - if it wasn't already...

I'm guessing he had to pay a premium for those pre-ban bake-o-lite mags too...

Either that or a $12-15K NFA weapon sold over the counter at Wal Mart... [thinking]

I hear the life jacket is lvl IV and good for high velocity intermediate cartridges...which is why he has on that business face....cause he's going to work on you sucka...

WTF makes those guys always want to shoot guns sideways?[rolleyes] And is his "body armor" a life preserver? I guess it IS supposed to "preserve life", so...[laugh]

Last edited:
Why would they care if they are legitimate?

The point was, that anytime something like this goes down it almost certainly amps up goverment intrusion into businesses that follow the rules as best they can (i.e. don't knowingly sell to terrorists, criminals, etc.).

In your world it may not matter, but I think it matters to lots of business owners. I'm pretty sure they look at it as....the less governmental intrusion, the better.

the company made a public statement a year ago when the raid took place:

Sabre Defence Industries LLC, an established manufacturer of firearms and weapon systems to the United States military, state and local law enforcement, and worldwide commercial markets, is fully cooperating with federal agents in an ongoing investigation into potential criminal misuse of certain non-saleable firearms produced by Sabre and purchased by some of its employees. Sabre has received information that employee(s) involved in inventory control may have obtained and re-sold some items without appropriate licenses. Sabre is and has been cooperating with federal agents in this investigation.

Sabre has more than 120 employees in its Nashville plant. Sabre’s biggest customer is the United States military. Sabre products used by United States armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan include .50 caliber barrels and components of the M2 Browning machine gun, 7.62 mm mini-gun barrels, and M-16A3 and A4 rifles. Sabre is the only non-public company in the world ever to be awarded a contract for a military spec M-16 rifle. Sabre is dedicated to continuing to provide high quality firearms to the United States military, state and local law enforcement, and Sabre's commercial customers.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/2/17/feds_raid_defense_contractor

Back
Top Bottom