• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More New Resident Questions

Thank you all for the wealth of information posted here. When I first checked the MA law, I thought it would be easy to obtain a LTC, but now I see that is not so. I'll be looking at a few neighborhoods next week. A few that have my interest are Monson, Agawam, Palmer, Westhampton and Ware. Please chime in if you have any comments about any of these towns. I was told to stay away from Springfield and Holyoke(I'll be working in Springfield). And no, I couldn't bear a commute from VT or NH! [grin]

I'm also hoping to make a few new "friends"....my question is, would I have to wait until I received my license before selling any firearms? My bankroll is gonna be tight with the move and all, so I'd probably like to make my 4 friends ASAP.

Thank you all for the wealth of information posted here. When I first checked the MA law, I thought it would be easy to obtain a LTC, but now I see that is not so. I'll be looking at a few neighborhoods next week. A few that have my interest are Monson, Agawam, Palmer, Westhampton and Ware. Please chime in if you have any comments about any of these towns. I was told to stay away from Springfield and Holyoke(I'll be working in Springfield). And no, I couldn't bear a commute from VT or NH! [grin]

I'm also hoping to make a few new "friends"....my question is, would I have to wait until I received my license before selling any firearms? My bankroll is gonna be tight with the move and all, so I'd probably like to make my 4 friends ASAP.

( waits for everyone to suggest you bring in some NON-MASS weapons to sell them )

'm also hoping to make a few new "friends"....my question is, would I have to wait until I received my license before selling any firearms? My bankroll is gonna be tight with the move and all, so I'd probably like to make my 4 friends ASAP.

You are exempted for 60 days after you move into state from needing an FID/LTC for possession of your guns under C 140 S 129C, but that exemption does not allow you to sell your guns privately under S 128A. Sorry. You can sell them to a dealer, or wait until you get your license.

I've been studying that map so much these days that I have parts of it memorized!! I guess I'll just have to take a drive through these neighborhoods and get an idea of what I like.

I would suggest you move to CT...enfield...suffield..somers..granby....all right on the border and 10-20 min from springfield...and you will have no prob getting a permit to carry in any of those towns and we have less firearm restrictions....just remember to buy your gas in mass!![smile]

I would suggest you move to CT...enfield...suffield..somers..granby....all right on the border and 10-20 min from springfield...and you will have no prob getting a permit to carry in any of those towns and we have less firearm restrictions....just remember to buy your gas in mass!![smile]

Hmmm...now that's an idea!!!

Its not a bad idea
depending on how many "goodies" you bring and sell, you couild recop your moving expense, and then some ;)

I just checked UHaul and it'll cost roughly $1500 with a car carrier...that would be quite a lot of guns..or one helluva markup!

I just checked UHaul and it'll cost roughly $1500 with a car carrier...that would be quite a lot of guns..or one helluva markup!

Don't forget you can only sell four guns a year privately (i.e. to non-dealers) in MA. So it'll have to be the big markup route, or it'll take a while for you to recoup your investment [wink]

I've been checking CT real estate, and it seems your dollar goes further in MA unfortunately. Property taxes in CT are higher too. I guess freedom has a price!

yes..i would agree rent/homes are cheaper in mass..and maybe property taxes( it all depends on the town)....i stay in CT so i can have open containers of alcohol in my car while driving..haha

Back
Top Bottom