• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More lurkers on line at NES, at this time, than green members.

Give them time to get hooked and go green on their own. This recent trend of bullying and insulting people to go green (ok, more than the usual NES levels anyway) is getting old fast and will just drive potential future green members off the forum and right into the open arms of the enemy (you know which forum I'm talking about!).

I just noticed that there are more lurkers on NES, at this moment, than green members. C'mon cheapskates. That's just not right.

You gonna pay for some of these people to go green? Not everyone is working and people need to be frugal with their spending. I understand it’s only $21, but some people may be nervous to spend money right now.

Took me a long time to go green.
80% of what i was reading made me roll my eyes.
However 20% was information that affected me and my decision making.
I found my self checking in routinely.
You have to give back to those entities that give to you.
Go green.

Lots of people will go green in a couple of months when they are trying to off load their panic buys.
I went green probably after my 3rd or 4th post, my only regret is not picking a better username (Admins: can I change that?)

I let mine lapse about 6 months ago and I didn't renew because to be frankly honest I so busy I wasn't even looking at NES. I came back because I wanted to buy/sell some stuff so I renewed as soon as I returned. I say give people a break. If they see value they'll go green.

most people are skinflints, it's human nature.

but i do want to say....if you're stupid enough, if on your very first post, announce to the assembled body you're a convicted felon and to basically ask us how to circumnavigate a law regarding firearms...well, that person deserves our wrath.

Give them time to get hooked and go green on their own. This recent trend of bullying and insulting people to go green (ok, more than the usual NES levels anyway) is getting old fast and will just drive potential future green members off the forum and right into the open arms of the enemy (you know which forum I'm talking about!).
Relax bud. If someone cant take a comment saying "go Green", they wont survive when we call their .40 Glock g@y.

It's all fun, there are a couple of morons that their first reply is always "go green", but those two can be ignored.

most people are skinflints, it's human nature.

but i do want to say....if you're stupid enough, if on your very first post, announce to the assembled body you're a convicted felon and to basically ask us how to circumnavigate a law regarding firearms...well, that person deserves our wrath.
#fact

I lurked in the weeds for awhile

what I tried to learn was what NOT to say or ask

Didn’t want to catch the 💩 from the crew if I asked

”if I have a post ban AR, is it legal in Mass to use a hotdog for a forward grip
if so, does it have to be kosher?”

I'm a little different. I like all the members and visitors that come here for the info, the interest in guns, the interest in Rights, sometimes for a laugh, sometimes for a cry.
In fact it was the main reason I went Lifetime Member. It helps keep this valuable resource growing for all members, Green and Non-Green alike.
So welcome all, Lurkers, Hardcores, Gun Nuts and plain old Nuts!
The more the merrier...

I will go green, freakin spend enough time around here..

Wondering what the "other" site is. After being on another site a lot for years recently had 2 decent posts deleted by different moderators for really minor stuff. One was for using a single 4 letter word conversationally, ie "when my sig pulled that chit I just dropped it off and let them handle it" - system blocked it out but they deleted my post and sent me a message anyway.. another was for suggesting you could probably buy pre ban mags for a mini 30, deemed something like "dangerous and potentially misleading".

Noticed although in the past there were some real experts around, lately they are more and more scarce - more and more gun noob conversations going on, less good material lately.

Love this place, gets a little wild but makes it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom