• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More gun control crap from the Globe

rep308

NES Member
Use the TOR Browser https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en to read the globe and avoid the firewall

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...brown-death/iCN0uHFSaQtskbku5qJ2FM/story.html

Who are these guys? Devah Pager is a professor of sociology and public policy at Harvard University. Jens Ludwig is a professor at the University of Chicago and director of the school’s Crime Lab.

Gun violence is at the root of Michael Brown’s death

....Yet this oppositional framing makes it easy to overlook the common enemy facing both sides: gun violence. The most constructive thing each side could do to address their concerns is work together to reduce the availability of guns to people everyone agrees shouldn’t have them......

OK common sense gun control, no guns for those who 'shouldn't have them'

......Guns and their prevalence in America are most certainly the distinguishing factor in both the high numbers of police officers killed by civilians and innocent civilians killed by police.

This suggests common ground. Those worried about both police safety and communities plagued by police shootings should work together in pushing for measures that can reduce the availability of guns to people who are at high risk for harming themselves or others. Federal law already prohibits many high-risk groups — such as teenagers and people previously convicted of a felony offense — from possessing firearms, but these laws suffer from significant loopholes and inadequate enforcement. ......

Oh, loopholes again, need more common sense

.....Additional measures could reduce gun access to high-risk groups without much affecting access to guns by those legally allowed to have them. One example is laws that limit handgun purchases to one per month, which research suggests can reduce the flow of illegal guns into the underground gun market. Another example is requiring background checks for the 30 to 40 percent of all gun transactions that occur between private parties (not involving a gun dealer), which are nearly completely unregulated under present federal law.....

There it is, one gun a month and the gun show loop hole

.....The problem is not that a majority doesn’t support such measures, but rather that it is a “silent majority.” A small but vocal group of opponents of such measures exercise disproportionate impact in the legislative process......

Silent majority, really? There is the attack on the NRA

More mush from the wimp, I read these so you don't have to

Whenever someone blames an inanimate object for something I know I'm listening to a propagandist or an idiot.

I'm convinced that liberal news outlets run those stories because it drives traffic with a good demographic to their sites. Don't give them the business.

I only use the Globe for in my Dogs cage, for oil spills and emergency paper to wipe my ass when hunting. I dont susbscribe to the rag but the idiot delivery guy throws one in my driveway a few times a week.

EDIT Gun Violence was Mikes problem, being a punk and a felon then attacking an armed officer was his problem.

The antis have been throwing around this garbage for a few months now: that there would be fewer young black males killed by
police officers, if police officers didn't have to worry about the suspect being armed.

The pervasiveness of firearms requires police be prepared for the worst-case scenario when approaching a suspect. Firearm-related incidents are the leading cause of death for law enforcement officers, with more than 50 officers shot dead in the course of duty last year. By contrast, no police officers were killed with firearms in England or France last year.

The life-or-death situations facing American law enforcement lead to countless high-stakes, split-second decisions. Under these conditions it becomes easy to misread a cue, such as a cell phone in the hand or an unexpected movement. Simple altercations can become lethal as the police fear the worst possibility — a firearm at play

I wonder if the Globe libtarts would feel better if the victims were run over by a car or blown up with a truck full of diesel fuel and fertilizer? If some wants to kill they will find a way to do it.

Use the TOR Browser https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en to read the globe and avoid the firewall

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...brown-death/iCN0uHFSaQtskbku5qJ2FM/story.html

Who are these guys? Devah Pager is a professor of sociology and public policy at Harvard University. Jens Ludwig is a professor at the University of Chicago and director of the school’s Crime Lab.

Gun violence is at the root of Michael Brown’s death

....Yet this oppositional framing makes it easy to overlook the common enemy facing both sides: gun violence. The most constructive thing each side could do to address their concerns is work together to reduce the availability of guns to people everyone agrees shouldn’t have them......

OK common sense gun control, no guns for those who 'shouldn't have them'

......Guns and their prevalence in America are most certainly the distinguishing factor in both the high numbers of police officers killed by civilians and innocent civilians killed by police.

This suggests common ground. Those worried about both police safety and communities plagued by police shootings should work together in pushing for measures that can reduce the availability of guns to people who are at high risk for harming themselves or others. Federal law already prohibits many high-risk groups — such as teenagers and people previously convicted of a felony offense — from possessing firearms, but these laws suffer from significant loopholes and inadequate enforcement. ......

Oh, loopholes again, need more common sense

.....Additional measures could reduce gun access to high-risk groups without much affecting access to guns by those legally allowed to have them. One example is laws that limit handgun purchases to one per month, which research suggests can reduce the flow of illegal guns into the underground gun market. Another example is requiring background checks for the 30 to 40 percent of all gun transactions that occur between private parties (not involving a gun dealer), which are nearly completely unregulated under present federal law.....

There it is, one gun a month and the gun show loop hole

.....The problem is not that a majority doesn’t support such measures, but rather that it is a “silent majority.” A small but vocal group of opponents of such measures exercise disproportionate impact in the legislative process......

Silent majority, really? There is the attack on the NRA

More mush from the wimp, I read these so you don't have to

Seems to me one of those high risk groups are the POLICE!!!!!! We shouldn't let them have guns.

Hmmm...

Let's give up our guns and take guns away from cops...and tell everyone else "no guns". According to the article that should solve all our problems with violence.

Wait a second...

I don't think the criminals will give up their guns...is that what the authors of this article want? Now I am confused. How is this going to work?

Wouldn't it be better not to let active criminals have firearms? Well, that is just my opinion anyway...

Let me get this straight...

I start punching a cop and go for his gun...then I charge him with the intent to kill him...and he shoots me.

Making sure all NES'ers can only buy one gun a month prevents this how?

Back
Top Bottom