• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More "Ghost Guns" Seized In Mass Drug Bust

"In addition, state police said that while investigators searched Marsden's Quincy apartment, they developed information that led troopers to obtain another warrant to search office space at 7 Oregon St. in Fall River that is rented by Marsden. The search of that Fall River address turned up four ghost guns and large-capacity firearms, according to authorities. State police said investigators also seized several pounds of THC edibles and an ATM from the rented space, and also saw other apparent uncompleted ghost firearms in the process of being manufactured from unregulated parts".

WTF are "large-capacity firearms"? For me, credibility goes out the window when a news organization just re-verbalizes left wing trash without knowing anything about what they're reporting on... [banghead]

WTF are "large-capacity firearms"? For me, credibility goes out the window when a news organization just re-verbalizes left wing trash without knowing anything about what they're reporting on... [banghead]

Well ... in MA, where this occurred, that is an actual legal term with a codified definition:

''Large capacity weapon'', any firearm, rifle or shotgun: (i) that is semiautomatic with a fixed large capacity feeding device; (ii) that is semiautomatic and capable of accepting, or readily modifiable to accept, any detachable large capacity feeding device; (iii) that employs a rotating cylinder capable of accepting more than ten rounds of ammunition in a rifle or firearm and more than five shotgun shells in the case of a shotgun or firearm; or (iv) that is an assault weapon.

It basically includes nearly all firearms that have a box magazine, but that doesn't sound very scary, so they needed this new term. I'm not defending the BS, just putting it out there that, at least in this one instance, I don't find fault in the reporting.

These people must be complete morons shipping drugs through the US mail:

About that mail, though USPS everything is recorded forever, but they typically use the warrant system to open it (domestic) (I don't know if PR to mainland US is considered domestic)
UPS and Fedex they open without warrants.
People who ship questionable things usually ship USPS because of that

I do wonder how much gets through the mail... it seems dumb af but i would aasume. They keep doning it because it works

About that mail, though USPS everything is recorded forever, but they typically use the warrant system to open it (domestic) (I don't know if PR to mainland US is considered domestic)
UPS and Fedex they open without warrants.
People who ship questionable things usually ship USPS because of that
What do they record?
A box measuring #x#x# was shipped to ABC?

The government should learn they can't control drugs, guns and international shipping, they should try controlling real crime instead.

Last edited:
I agree. But stop and think how many shipments must make it through???

The losses from these busts are obviously much less than the profits or drug trafficking would not be worthwhile.
They don’t check shipments at random, they tag shippers and recipients at each end, track and execute on delivery, says our local DEA district head. And a lot gets through. Loss is expected but supply can easily meet and exceed demand. New England has the highest markup as Dominican gangs do most of the distribution rather than intra-cartel Mexicans. Most fentanyl and meth goes through this route. This case is a one-off - probably a diversion from PR by locals to contacts in MA.

I just assumed the real players are using PODS. It's probably just a legal, illegal drug shipping company.

He probably can't use the 52K that was seized to bail him out, right?

I'm reading First Blood currently. The part where he goes in front of the judge with Teasle. (Note: The book is VERY different from the movie. And I love the movie. But it's different.)

"He had two dollars and some change on him - I want him charged as a vagrant."

"Son, the penalty for being charged as a vagrant is a fifty dollar fine or five days in jail. What'll it be."

"He just told you I don't have ten dollars - how am I supposed to have $50?"

"Charge of resisting arrest comes with a penalty of 30 days in jail or a $200 fine. How do you want to. . . "

Rambo proceeds to lose his mind. ROFL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom