More dumb comments from anti's on Facebook

DW357

NES Member
Friend of mine who's a fellow gun owner (not on NES) posted this meme yesterday:
View attachment 146779

It resulted in some ridiculous comments from a girl he's "friends" with who is antigun, anti-religion, anti-war etc. according to my friend. He told me the only reason he didn't delete her is that she's friends with his wife and was in his wedding etc. But he might just say screw it and delete her.

Anyway, here are her comments:
View attachment 146780
View attachment 146781

I responded asking if she was serious and if so, I don't even know where to begin.

Her response to that:
View attachment 146782
View attachment 146783

I told her I didn't have time at the moment to come up with a lengthy response (left for my Foxwoods bachelor party last night) but give me a couple days when I'm back from my bachelor party to respond.
In the meantime I told her to look at the murder rates and crime in NYC, Chicago, and DC with the strictest gun laws. Also told her to stop saying "gun death/violence" since no one says "knife" , "car", or "bat" violence.

I need to draft up a memo or something that will disprove the most common antigunner statements with stats and news articles because it comes up all the time. I know someone had a thread recently with a summary of stats and things to say to the anti's but I can't find it.

I can't help myself from debating with this idiots even on a Friday night on my way to Foxwoods lol. Just gets my blood pressure up.

Last edited:
Heroin. Not heroine.

As for suicide, strict gun laws don't seem to tame suicide rates in Japan and South Korea (much higher than the U.S.). But suicide is the latest gun grabbing excuse from the Brady Bunch, so get used to misinformation.

I challenge you to turn her into a defender of the second amendment.

Stop letting it upset you. Stop replying to her points, and letting her control the language.

Tell her why self-defense is important to you. Use imagery that she can see in her own head. She'll likely call you paranoid, do not get defensive. Explain how gun control tips balance of power in neighborhoods to thugs, and that's what causes most violence. Explain the racism inherent in gun control - it intentionally disarms blacks, and ruins neighborhoods because of the power shift. "Racism" is the biggest club used to smash intelligent debate - use it.

Throw in the story of that New Jersey woman murdered waiting for her gun license - Carol Bowne. Show her picture - people are visual and don't care about words, but are affected by images.

Explain about prefatory clauses, and how "The People" is used elsewhere in the Constitution (everywhere else it is used).

You might not flip her, and you certainly won't in one conversation, but you might nudge some people watching the conversation. And that would be a great thing.

Last edited:
Shes not going to care why self defense is important to you. You flip it on her and just ask her why she's against a woman's right to defend herself.

Last edited:
It's probably a waste of time to discuss it with her but here's a few points.

Drunk driving takes an enormous toll, with nearly 11,000 Americans dying every year in car crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver.

Massachusetts has the 3rd highest rate of drunk driving with 835 episodes per 1000 people! Should she give up her car because others drive drunk?

I generally deal with Anti gun folks by asking them what right do they have to even have a voice against the 2nd.
Most people don't get it. They don't see the connection between citizens having the arms needed to defend our freedom. Once the only people who have guns are those in government or law enforcement then only will they see how their rights won't matter one bit.
Also with the amount of sworn oath elected officials constantly pissing on our rights from POTUS to local police, I,have little faith in any elected official to actual up hold the rights of the individual.

Explain about prefatory clauses, and how "The People" is used elsewhere in the Constitution (everywhere else it is used).

Explain to her what a comma is and how it separates the 2 ideas that's between the militia and the right of the people

Shes not going to care why self defense is important to you. You flip it on her and just ask her why she's against a woman's right to defend herself.

I usually point out that it's part of my job to protect my family and I love them enough to protect them in the best way possible, and ask why the other person doesn't love their family enough to protect them.

FB is a pointless waste of time.

I cancelled FB years ago from becoming frustrated/wasting time with useful idiots like her.

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably a waste of time to discuss it with her but here's a few points.

Drunk driving takes an enormous toll, with nearly 11,000 Americans dying every year in car crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver.

Massachusetts has the 3rd highest rate of drunk driving with 835 episodes per 1000 people! Should she give up her car because others drive drunk?

Yes, she should. There is no State of Federal Constitutional right to own a car.

I usually point out that it's part of my job to protect my family and I love them enough to protect them in the best way possible, and ask why the other person doesn't love their family enough to protect them.

That's a good one too. I usually use the "I don't have time to argue with someone who doesn't trust others with guns because they don't trust themselves with a gun. You scare me. Leave me alone."

You might ask her if she has ever heard of a single incident where the victim of a brutal deaths last words were , "Thank god I didn't have a gun."

Or how about, You don't try to tell me the finer points of gun ownership and I won't try to explain what childbirth feels like to you.
Because neither of us know what the F*ck we're talking about.

Im sick of how all these stupid a-holes are cleaning "gun violence this" and "gun violence" that. What about all the other violence out there? Where is the outrage at that? Oh, right, because "gun violence" is "cured" by taking away guns, which is an idea spawned through one of two reasons: a) people want to make other subjects, or, b) these people only think of feel good "hey, we are doing something" ideas instead of actually tackling violence over all.

Eff them.

I walked away from FB about a year ago. Yeah, I miss out on some funny cat videos from time to time, but it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom