• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More anti gun loonies

These people must have some kind of "force field" that prevents facts from entering their PC brains.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...n-control-commentary-by-roger-lowenstein.html

I'm still of the beleif that its a mental disorder and the only shock therapy that can correct it is when they call 911, expect the police to save them but only find out that police don't just magically appear after you dial it. Or for the less demented, finding out that they get less and money but work longer and harder hours so another doesn't have to work.

No one needs a semi-automatic weapon to fend off a prowler. No sportsman deserving of the term hunts with an assault weapon.

To the gun lobby, confiscation means federal power run amok. But government has a duty to protect 9-year-olds, and others, from harm. Congress and the states should enact the necessary laws to ban both the possession and the sale of semi- automatics.

I especially liked this gem ' no one needs a semi-automatic weapon to fend off a prowler ' really? what do we need? sunshine and lollipops? or wait until the police arrive? the next sentence says the government has a duty to protect 9-year-olds and other from harm , yet you don't need a semi-automatic to protect your 9-year-old [rolleyes]

I'll be proactive and protect my family myself , please don't try and dictate what the best course of action for doing so.

However, about 100,000 people in America are shot with guns each year and about 12,000 are killed, according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. That works out to the equivalent of a Sept. 11 killing spree every three months. One per season.

And how many of these crimes were committed by repeat offenders and those disqualified from owning a firearm? Conversely, how many licensed or legal gun owners were implicated in these statistics?

lowenstein.jpg

To contact the writer of this column: Roger Lowenstein at [email protected]
To contact the editor responsible for this column: James Greiff at [email protected]

I think drunk driver killed more people than guns. Should it be banned liquior ? drugs killed more people than guns. Should it banned them ? And nobody is talking about those stuffs. When a small shooting incident happened, they started to blame on gun... If someone in that tucson shoot was carrying a conceal firearm on that day, the out come would be different ...

And how many of these crimes were committed by repeat offenders and those disqualified from owning a firearm? Conversely, how many licensed or legal gun owners were implicated in these statistics?

lowenstein.jpg

To contact the writer of this column: Roger Lowenstein at [email protected]
To contact the editor responsible for this column: James Greiff at [email protected]

I'm guessing he got his ass kicked a lot as a kid...

Because of the N.R.A., calls for banning semi-automatic weapons have been made to sound extremist. I wonder how they sound to the parents of Christina Green, the 9-year-old girl curious enough about government to attend Giffords’ community event, where she was slain.

Obviously this retard did no research. Her father already went on record stating gun restrictions are asinine.

Bed wetter until he was six. Never handled a gun. was rejected by the military. Never had a girlfriend and his right hand is his best friend. I could go on but that would be cruel.

Bed wetter until he was six. Never handled a gun. was rejected by the military. Never had a girlfriend and his right hand is his best friend. I could go on but that would be cruel.

never had a girlfriend because he has a boyfriend...

This person obviously believes every movie he has ever seen. You only need one shot because the first bullet will magically find it's way to the target and knock the bad guy several feet into the air, oh and he'll be dead before he hits the ground. If bullets were so magical one would have to ask this man why police need to carry anything other than a Derringer or bolt action rifle.

Obviously the product of an abortion gone wrong and half assed botched lobotomy.

I for one am shocked by this "ALARMING TREND" of HIGH Capacity diarehea of the mouth pundits.
Why is there no reasonable restrictions on these idiots. We need a sensible licensing scheme that would hopefully lead to some kind of confiscation.

Nobody needs a highly unintelligent journalist. They need to be regulated and or banned. For the children!!!

This person obviously believes every movie he has ever seen. You only need one shot because the first bullet will magically find it's way to the target and knock the bad guy several feet into the air, oh and he'll be dead before he hits the ground. If bullets were so magical one would have to ask this man why police need to carry anything other than a Derringer or bolt action rifle.

I was thinking the same thing... Exactly WHAT, other than a semi (or DA revolver, which can still deliver rounds just as quickly as a semi, just fewer of them), would one carry to "fend off a prowler"??
Using his thought process, there is no reason police officers should need to carry 45+/- rounds, as the first one will be an instant kill. Riiiight.

No sportsman deserving of the term hunts with an assault weapon.
My hunting partner and firearm enthusiast friend in VT, who hunts with a Mini 30, would be very offended.

Why do you people insist on raising my blood pressure by posting writings of these lunatics? Every time I think they cannot get more foolish, another one lowers the bar. Do you guys have some sort of contest going – where the winner is the post with the blog of the most retarded moobat? If so, what are the rules and what is the winning prize? Having said that, I doubt I can win because at the moment it seems impossible to find a bigger idiot than Roger Lowenstein.

I for one am shocked by this "ALARMING TREND" of HIGH Capacity diarehea of the mouth pundits.

This morning when I was on the treadmill in the gym, there were 3 out of the 8 TVs had Sunday Morning news shows on. Each one of these had some sort of gun regulation discussion.

I ended up watching Fareed Zakaria panel discuss "The Gun Culture in America", and this of course directly leads into the comparison of homicides in America vs. homicides in the rest of the world. You would have thought that someone would have pointed out the high number of riots, violent protests, stabbings, break-ins, etc in most European nations due to the lack of home protections. But, the panel did not have that motivation, or any other of the many logical rebuttals.

And of course - the next premise by Fareed was that "mass shootings only happen in America" - which of course conveniently ignored the shooting rampage in England last summer which resulted in 12 dead - this is where handguns are nearly completely illegal and gun restrictions are very tight ...how are those gun confiscations working for you?

On Friday I caught John Rosenthal on WRKO on "Tom and Todd". Another self professed "gun owner" who sees no reason for "large bullet clip magazines". His arguments for gun control are so inconsistent to follow that it's impossible to combat his lack of logic. He actually argued that we "require the licensing of cars but not the licensing of gun owners" - regardless of the lack of truth in that statement and the inaccurate analogy - the last I checked my driver's ed instructor bestowed the fact that driving is a privilege, and not a right. I'm pretty sure that gun ownership is a right.

Oh - I also learned that the Commonwealth is trying to protect us with it's laws that make plastic pistols illegal and requiring external safety devices. He's either completely ignorant or just plain lying - I'm not sure of which.

Usually I can ignore this crap - but it's unavoidable at the moment.

On Friday I caught John Rosenthal on WRKO on "Tom and Todd". Another self professed "gun owner" who sees no reason for "large bullet clip magazines". His arguments for gun control are so inconsistent to follow that it's impossible to combat his lack of logic. He actually argued that we "require the licensing of cars but not the licensing of gun owners" - regardless of the lack of truth in that statement and the inaccurate analogy - the last I checked my driver's ed instructor bestowed the fact that driving is a privilege, and not a right. I'm pretty sure that gun ownership is a right.

Oh - I also learned that the Commonwealth is trying to protect us with it's laws that make plastic pistols illegal and requiring external safety devices. He's either completely ignorant or just plain lying - I'm not sure of which.

Usually I can ignore this crap - but it's unavoidable at the moment.

I caught Rosenthal's act on "Tom and Todd" Friday as well. He had no facts to back up 90% of what he was saying. All baseless arguments.

They took ONE caller after he had the airwaves for a good half-hour. And the one caller they took, didn't sound like she knew much.

I actually emailed Tom and Todd and told them how disappointed I was that they didn't allow for both sides of the argument to be heard. I suggested they bring someone from GOAL on to refute Rosenthal's claims with FACTS (something he didn't have).

Obviously this retard did no research. Her father already went on record stating gun restrictions are asinine.

You actually expect this moron to do some research? Hell, if he did, and actually looked at the effects of gun control on violent crime, it would fly in the face of his entire belief system.

I actually think that anyone that supports gun control can't possibly have done REAL research.

Back
Top Bottom