• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More Americans Have a Gun in Home Than Ever Before

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Nearly 120 million Americans have a firearm in the home

A new poll published on Thursday found more Americans report having a gun in their home than ever before.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey of 1,200 adults found 48 percent of Americans said they or somebody else in their household owned a gun. That's 3 percentage points higher than when the same question was asked last year. It's 9 percentage points higher than when the question was asked in 2011, the low point of the poll's findings for self-reported gun ownership.

The United States Census Bureau estimates there are 249,454,440 adults currently living in America. If the Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey is accurate, that equates to 119,738,131 Americans with a gun in their home.

The National Rifle Association said while the gun ownership rate is inherently difficult to measure, the poll undermined the idea that gun ownership is slowly fading in America.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/poll-americans-gun-home-ever

This is good news. I think more and more people are waking up to the fact that .gov isn't going to be there to protect them, combined with the growing civil unrest and social divide in this country.

You have to figure that number is way low too.
Someone calls on the phone or walks up to you with a clipboard and starts asking about you owning guns, how many people are going to answer yes if at all?

I just renewed and I was talking with the lieutenant and asked him if people were still applying and he basically said it was non stop. I didn't think there was that many people in town.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone calls on the phone or walks up to you with a clipboard and starts asking about you owning guns, how many people are going to answer yes if at all?

I always say no.

- - - Updated - - -

I always say no.

- - - Updated - - -

I always say no.

I just renewed and I was talking with the lieutenant and asked him if people were still applying and he basically said it was non stop. I didn't think there was that many people in town.

- - - Updated - - -

I always say no.

- - - Updated - - -

I always say no.

- - - Updated - - -

I always say no.
Friggin iPad. The pediatrician used to ask my daughter if there was a gun in the house.

I would assume most people answer honestly. If you are one of those that doesn't mind spending time answering questions, then why lie?

Anyone that calls me for a survey - I hang up.
Street survey - no thanks.

No, you don’t have to figure that. This was not done in person with a clipboard. And, if on the phone, why not answer yes if you have a gun? They dont know you or where you live.

Think.

Thanks.

No, you don’t have to figure that. This was not done in person with a clipboard. And, if on the phone, why not answer yes if you have a gun? They dont know you or where you live.

Think.

Thanks.

I doubt prohibited persons would answer yes.youve got to figure there are more homes with a gun than the poll would indicate...we know black people love guns(and gun violence) and a dispoporionley more likely to be PP than other races.
Then we have illegal immigrants, im sure they are gun owners aswell, Merica! and all

Think.

Thanks.

If I have your phone number , I can damn sure get or already have your address .
How much other personal information do you give to strangers on the phone ?
You must be pretty trusting just to assume they are even who they say they are, because lord knows there's no scammers using the phone . [rolleyes]

Think.

Thanks.

I never answer any phone surveys and would turn away any in person taking a survey. I guess I'm not that trusting.

Think.

Thanks.

I would never answer YES on the phone. You don't know who's calling and they can figure out where you live with your phone number.

I would never participate on any phone survey.

I've been threatened by the Census for refusing to tell them anything except the number of people who live in my home.

I'm damn sure not answering anything else.

And yes, as a genealogist, I surely do appreciate all those census records from 70+ years ago. I also appreciate the efforts of the LDS, but I'm not about to join the Mormons over it.

I've been threatened by the Census for refusing to tell them anything except the number of people who live in my home.

I'm damn sure not answering anything else.

And yes, as a genealogist, I surely do appreciate all those census records from 70+ years ago. I also appreciate the efforts of the LDS, but I'm not about to join the Mormons over it.

In another town I lived in I actually got a knock on the door from a woman from the town because I didn't answer the question "What time do you leave for work and what time do you return home ?"

Well sir we need that information.
No, you don't and it's none of your business.
Well your required to fill this out completely.
It's none of your business.
Well we need this information.
No, you don't .
Well your required...
Listen darling I'm already over my allotted time to be pleasant to people today, would you like to see what unpleasant looks like ?
Goodbye.

I think the most likely conclusion is that there are a fair number of people who wouldn't admit they have a gun in the house but almost no one would claim to have a gun in the household when they don't in fact have one. Therefore, the poll results likely represent the minimum percentage and the real percentage is likely at least a little higher if not a lot higher.

Thank Hillary and Obama. Keep telling Americans what they can't have, and they'll pretty much go and get that thing(s) before they can't anymore.

I signed up for firearms home safety class THE DAY Obama got elected in 2008. Got my LTC, and bought a shotgun for home defense and hunting. Then a 9mm carry gun, then an AR-15 built off an NES group buy stripped lower, a bolt action .308, a .45ACP 1911 the day before election day in 2012, and then a few more things.

It's never been 'panic' buying. Maybe a little spite, though.

Last edited:

They probably said "you're free to decline to answer" and threw out those. I don't think I'd lie, after all you don't want to tell a stranger your home is defenseless either.

Back
Top Bottom