Moral quandary.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
I know how much we are judged by the actions of gun owners, lawful or otherwise.

I know a friend of a friend who is vocal on social media about their opiod prescription addiction, their MJ use, their MJ grows, their MJ buying and selling, their desire to "put holes in mf'ers who cheat them" (especially on above deals) AND their membership in a Hells Angels affiliated club.

When do you tell them to knock it off? Or at least tone it down? Unwanted attention could blow back on lawful owners, and that would make a monkey flinging poopfest seem like the ascension of a new pope by comparison.

Or is this a "mind your own business" scenario?

Maybe just remind them that the Po-po read social media too, and it's often admissible evidence in court.

My guess is they'll care little, if at all, about others (lawful owners) but their own self-interest might be appealed to.

I wouldn't frame it saying it'll blow back on us all, like you mentioned above, I'd frame it so that it highlights how it would blow back on him personally.

But if he's dumb enough to be doing all that crap you mentioned, he's probably too dumb to listen to reason.

Just make sure he doesn't drag you down with him.

Friend of a friend? What you described sounds like a self correcting problem.

I wouldn't frame it saying it'll blow back on us all, like you mentioned above, I'd frame it so that it highlights how it would blow back on him personally.

But if he's dumb enough to be doing all that crap you mentioned, he's probably too dumb to listen to reason.

Just make sure he doesn't drag you down with him.

I am trying. The issue is that he is the friend of a friend through people I shoot with.

Walk away, from what you describe there is nothing you could say that would even matter to him, let your actual friend know that if he’s bringing that guy to the range with him, just not to invite you that day.

Friend of a friend means zero in today’s world.

Walk away, from what you describe there is nothing you could say that would even matter to him, let your actual friend know that if he’s bringing that guy to the range with him, just not to invite you that day.

Friend of a friend means zero in today’s world.
Call me a softie....but there are kids involved....so I want him to see the light of reason before he is separated from his kids on a long-term basis....

Call me a softie....but there are kids involved....so I want him to see the light of reason before he is separated from his kids on a long-term basis....

I understand that, and call me an a**h***, but if he’s barking online about selling drugs and wanting to shoot people then his kids are better off without him.

Not to mention if he’s that much of a turd how do you think he’s going to react if you even mention him losing his kids or something similar and you’re only a friend of a friend? What if that happens and he gets locked up for something without your even knowing about it, but now he thinks it’s your doing because you’ve already talked about it to him?

Seriously, don’t walk, run. You’re sticking your nose into family business now with an unstable drug addict you don’t even know and his biker friends. What’s the worst that could happen? lol

Last edited:
He has an opiod addiction, brags about his MJ use in a public forum. I understand your concern about the kids but he is not thinking correctly at this point. It would be easy to say you can't fix stupid, but you need to look after you and yours. He is a friend of a friend. Talk to the friend see if he sees what you are seeing. If he shrugs his shoulders it is not your problem. You tried. Never invite Planet Crazy into your life. It will find you many times any way.

Tell him to stop using opiates and transition to pot, alcohol and tobacco. Or maybe tell him to start growing opium poppies so he can stop buying shit on the black market. Smoking homegrown raw opium is probably better than ingesting all that pharmaceutical/ cartel produced garbage anyway.

This friend by proxy is a lost cause, looza, ticking time bomb, etc... and you can't realistically fix it! Take a few steps backwards and hope for the best!

Do your self a favor and distance yourself from these folks and your friends who are friends with these folks. Eventually your friends bring thier bad friends around .....well in the end you will be the one who gets F'd over some how.

Many of my friends are bad news and basically why i have not had much if any contact in 15 years.
My dad used to say be careful who your friends friends are.

...and on the 7th day, god implemented the unfriend/unfollow functionality.

There is also: snooze, delete post from timeline and the best is: Security = Friends only, no friends of friends ever!

I have mostly family, with just a few well chosen friends. Some of them are batty as hell, but I ignore those posts or hide them from my timeline. If they bother me too much, I snooze them. Batty family members are part of the deal.

I employed a gentleman who was addicted to opiates. It was a dishwashing gig, I used to be in the food industry and this wasn’t uncommon.
I did my due diligence and tried repeatedly to get him help. You know what really helped him? When I fired his ass and cut all ties on a personal level as well.

The harsh reality that what they’re doing has a lasting impact on relationships and opportunities, can be just the jolt they need. He struggled for a while after, hit rock bottom and his been “clean” for a 3 years now. He still smokes pot from what I can tell, but that’s no where near as bad.

Walk away

When do you tell them to knock it off? Or at least tone it down?

It is not your job to Right the Ship of others. In doing so you may ruin a valuable lesson that is in store for them, that they will no longer have to learn from.
Instead, choose those people that you can trust and work along side with, to be counted amongst your friends. By not being around the type of person you mention,
you will not be around when they implode.

That's the Moral Quandary. Selective Friendship...
~Matt

Hurt people hurt other people.

I learned this a long time ago: Sappers are people who drag you down. Zappers are people who bring you up.

Stay with zappers, cut the sappers loose.

Hey! Not all Sappers are bad...
iu

I recently cut ties with a long time friend. We thought he was bipolar because he seemed manic at times. Turns out he was using cocaine. Don't need that crap anywhere near me, my family or other friends. Sooner or later sh!t happens.

Tried that. "I have a medical card, I am effing legal"

The Cole amendment may apply in MA, but if he is vocal about selling MJ, he's a target, because .gov is not getting their 20% taxcut, and the software companies aren't getting the tribute they get for enriching the .gov cretins who were instrumental in their 'vendor selection'. Add guns and $ and he's a poster child for one of those line up the gunz'n'drugs PR assemblies the po-po like so much. If you've had a conversation with him about it as a passing acquaintance, whaat do you want to bet his opiate pickled mind will blame you for dime-ing him? Because....he will.

Sprint away.

Back
Top Bottom